Darth Vader’s Cove v Luke Skywalker’s Bairns

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know there were a lot of posters who thought we could push for the promotion playoffs but that was always silly talk. With the current players and coaching staff avoiding the relegation playoffs should always have been our target.

The 2 upcoming games vs Peterhead and East Fife were sadly always more important than today.

Nah sorry not having that. 

We lost 2 nil to Cove 10 months ago and are losing 2 nil again = no improvement.

Thats the bottom line. 2 managers down the line and another board and we are still as equally shite.

Before somebody tries to say "it will take time", get that to f**k. We've heard 4/5 years of that. 

I simply don't buy the argument that we can't recruit good enough full time players to win this league. Watson, Telfer, Morrison, Dowds etc should all be more than good enough to win at this level.

Where it falls down is signing utterly rank rotten jobbers like McKay, Hetherington, Ross, Wilson etc 

4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

We lost 2 nil to Cove 10 months ago and are losing 2 nil again = no improvement.

Thats the bottom line. 2 managers down the line and another board and we are still as equally shite.

Before somebody tries to say "it will take time", get that to f**k. We've heard 4/5 years of that. 

So you think we can get in the promotion playoffs ?? We’ve got no chance mate.

Lose our next two and we are on a relegation dog fight.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I simply don't buy the argument that we can't recruit good enough full time players to win this league. Watson, Telfer, Morrison, Dowds etc should all be more than good enough to win at this level.

Where it falls down is signing utterly rank rotten jobbers like McKay, Hetherington, Ross, Wilson etc 

We've had a full transfer window and yet we are still playing Mackay and bloody hetherington. How the hell can we expect to go anywhere when that's the case. Another stinking window to add to the last umpteen and a manager whose tactics are just as clueless as the last one.

4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Yeah but the 4/5 years you heard that wasn’t under the current regime. They need to be given their chance and judging after a January transfer window isn’t enough time

Just now, Rocco said:

Yeah but the 4/5 years you heard that wasn’t under the current regime. They need to be given their chance and judging after a January transfer window isn’t enough time

We're just pissing money down the drain again though.  Griffith's ain't going to be on peanuts so why bother signing him to sit mid table in league one. Makes no sense throwing cash at him when our midfield and defence are just as bad as ever.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've had a full transfer window and yet we are still playing Mackay and bloody hetherington. How the hell can we expect to go anywhere when that's the case. Another stinking window to add to the last umpteen and a manager whose tactics are just as clueless as the last one.

We all want better but we were never going to manage wholesale changes in January. It’s also an extremely difficult window to recruit but I personally feel the management team managed to do will with most they brought in. We just have too many poor players. Rennie has improved the team and there is evidence to show that, however, it just isn’t anywhere as good as we all hoped it would be. That’s more of a sign of how shit the squad is than him. 

Edited by Rocco

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You’ve no idea mate. Clueless idiot who runs his mouth constantly. 

We all want better but we were never going to manage wholesale changes in January. It’s also an extremely difficult window to recruit but I personally feel the management team managed to do will with most they brought in. We just have too many poor players. Rennie has improved the team and there is evidence to show that, however, it just isn’t anywhere as good as we all hoped it would be. That’s more of a sign of how shit the squad is than him. 

We’ve brought in 7 new players so to say there haven’t been wholesale changes is just not true.

Only Kabia can go down as a definite good signing so far imo. 3 new centre halves in and we still can’t defend.

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Why can you not just argue without the personal abuse? Absolutely no need for it. I have my views you have yours which you are perfectly entitled to but I just happen to disagree with . I won't resort to childish abuse though simply because of that .

Where was the improvement today? We're better than the end of the sheerin reign after the wheels came off but we're no better than the start of his reign when we outplayed them with a reduced squad or the middle when we also could beat the dross but lose meekly to the better sides. All we've done is spend more cash though and yet we're no nearer to the playoffs than we were before. We'll finish 5th or 6th at this rate having spent a rumoured 1500 quid a week on a striker for 3 months. 

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I don't think anyone was expecting wholesale changes, but to go through a transfer window and still have a defence and midfield made up of utter shitebags is pretty damning.