Darth Vader’s Cove v Luke Skywalker’s Bairns

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why can you not just argue without the personal abuse? Absolutely no need for it. I have my views you have yours which you are perfectly entitled to but I just happen to disagree with . I won't resort to childish abuse though simply because of that .

Where was the improvement today? We're better than the end of the sheerin reign after the wheels came off but we're no better than the start of his reign when we outplayed them with a reduced squad or the middle when we also could beat the dross but lose meekly to the better sides. All we've done is spend more cash though and yet we're no nearer to the playoffs than we were before. We'll finish 5th or 6th at this rate having spent a rumoured 1500 quid a week on a striker for 3 months. 

Correct. I’ve edited my post and apologise 

It's all very well trying to implement 3-5-2 but it's an unforgiving formation if it's not firing, you can get away with more in a 4-4-2 and can be implemented easier. 

We won't sniff the play offs continuing with 3-5-2 but the managers signed has made 40 odd percent of his signings centre halves where 1 or 2 may have been enough for a 4-4-2.

If Griffiths has a part, we have to try and get Dowds and Kabia in to the starting 11 also, Kabia caused more havoc today. 

I'm obviously not happy but today would've been asking for too much with how our season has went, go to cove and win where no one else has in the league, should be doing better tho and Rennie got his team formation and selection wrong

Guest TedCrilly

I said it at the time but ATS was a bizarre signing. We absolutely needed a dominant centre half to play in the middle of the 3. Watson is decent but has never been that type. ATS is really struggling to convert as a centre half - needs shifted for Dixon asap.

The balance in midfield hasn’t been addressed at all either. I’m lost picking someone who is capable to play in a midfield three with Jacobs and Telfer. That position was priority for me rather than spunking cash on Griffiths. 

This comfortable defeat was sadly very predictable.

Edited by TedCrilly

Correct. I’ve edited my post and apologise 

We are a poor side but a lot better than pre Rennie. A few stats don’t prove anything either way as more time is needed and a proper transfer window imo.
Difficult game today against a club who are simply streets ahead of us, and everyone else.
Win against Peterhead and East Fife and we are in the mix for a promotion play off.
Jeez, QP couldn’t beat East Fife today. We did…..

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

So do we just close up shop? A new BOD will need time to change things. We can’t expect instant results

A full time team in League 1 against a full league of teams pulling in 500 fans a week? 100% we can and for the third consecutive year we have failed. 

Edited by latapythelegend

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

After the final whistle the ref brandished a red card to either a Falkirk staff member or potentially an unused sub. Any idea who received it?

Kenny Miller. But it was a yellow. 

Edited by Rugster

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We are a poor side but a lot better than pre Rennie. A few stats don’t prove anything either way as more time is needed and a proper transfer window imo.
Difficult game today against a club who are simply streets ahead of us, and everyone else.
Win against Peterhead and East Fife and we are in the mix for a promotion play off.
Jeez, QP couldn’t beat East Fife today. We did…..

We don’t just need to turn up to beat Peterhead or East Fife. There is no doubt both those teams will fight harder for the points than our shower.

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

A full time team in League 1 against a full league of teams pulling in 500 fans a week? 100% we can and for the third consecutive year we have failed. 

I agree with this but the blame lies with the previous board, Holt and Sheerin. I haven’t seen that much improvement in the team but to be fair Rennie and Miller were left with a squad that was utter shite. The new signings have looked better but we are still miles off the likes of Cove, Airdrie etc.

Think the new regime will turn things around but it’s going to take more than a few months.

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

After the final whistle the ref brandished a red card to either a Falkirk staff member or potentially an unused sub. Any idea who received it?

Christ, collective heads gone. Another night where it feels shameful and embarrassing to be a Falkirk fan. 

We don’t just need to turn up to beat Peterhead or East Fife. There is no doubt both those teams will fight harder for the points than our shower.

Agreed. However, it’s also not unrealistic to expect to win those games either.
Time for the new players to show what they can do, as long as our midfield actually try to play a pressing game and don’t continue to invite trouble by dropping back.
Definitely heartened that Brad McKay won’t be in our starting eleven….

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The new signings have looked better

Have they? Kabia has been excellent but we’ve signed 3 centre halves (one of whom apparently can’t get in the team over McKay) yet our defence is still like a sieve. 

Jacobs hasn’t done much to solve our midfield issues and it’s early days with Griffiths but he looks miles off it to me.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

52 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It's all very well trying to implement 3-5-2 but it's an unforgiving formation if it's not firing, you can get away with more in a 4-4-2 and can be implemented easier. 

We won't sniff the play offs continuing with 3-5-2 but the managers signed has made 40 odd percent of his signings centre halves where 1 or 2 may have been enough for a 4-4-2.

If Griffiths has a part, we have to try and get Dowds and Kabia in to the starting 11 also, Kabia caused more havoc today. 

I'm obviously not happy but today would've been asking for too much with how our season has went, go to cove and win where no one else has in the league, should be doing better tho and Rennie got his team formation and selection wrong

I think the problem with playing a 4-4-2 is that we don't have a RB. Williamson and McCann would get ridden silly as full backs so we'd have to plat ATS at LB and probably Miller on the right (or Mills if he can play there).

I suppose we could go: Mutch; Mills/Miller, Watson, Dixon, ATS; f**k knows who, Jacobs, Telfer, McCann; Kabia, Dowds.

I notice that St Johnstone managed a win today and that Craig wasn't in the squad. Let's hope they have decided they can do without him!

36 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Obviously Cove carry a goal threat but they were particularly impressive defensively. They coped with us even when we did have good chances (albeit not often).

One positive from today -Mutch has been excellent since coming back from injury and has seemingly improved over that time.

We look depleted up top without Rory. We miss him as the target man and have no cover in that position. We're now leaving our other strikers, who are poor the be fair, on the bench and playing a CM in that position. Mitch is always a threat but I thought he easily could've become isolated today if we didn't win the midfield battle. Was expecting more tenacity from Telfer, Hetherington and Jacobs.

Defensively we have been fairly sound as of late. Fully expected Dowds and Griffiths to test us a bit more. Kabia looks a prospect; his pace is a huge asset and he's a natural in front of goal.

Mutch pulled off some great saves. Top keeper.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Rennie is getting it completely wrong time and time again. This playing from the back is fucking stupid. If you have the players to do it, aye fair enough, but we don't. Work with the tools you have and act accordingly for f**k sake. Their first goal came from our corner being cleared and instead of us punting it right back up to where the rest of our players are, mutch takes a touch, calms it down and plays from the fucking back again. Fuming with this every week. Just fuckin attack ya bunch of shitehawks

Edited by Believe The Hype