Livingston v St Mirren 19/02/2022

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Thats the easiest overturn we'll ever get. What a fucking idiot Collum is.

Indeed.

Never a red card.

Given the circumstances that's a great point.

Edited by FTOF

Ach, 2 points dropped I feel. Should’ve had a second but didn’t and liable to drop points if you don’t make the most of things. Bit of fortune for our goal after hitting post and st mirren fortunate with their only attempt of game, IIRC, being deflected in. Disappointing result. Also, very soft red based on my single look at it.

Edited by crispy

I mean it's positive Shaughnessy was solid, I imagine Goodwin would love to take him back to Pittodrie and the pressure could have mounted on him as he is captain, but a stand out again. Not totally perfect but definitely good considering the circumstances.

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

MOTM Shaughnessy again. What an absolute colossus of a player he is.

I actually thought Dunne was our stand out performer until the red.

He's definitely been our most improved this season. I thought in first few months he was going to be a dud.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I actually thought Dunne was our stand out performer until the red.

He's definitely been our most improved this season. I thought in first few months he was going to be a dud.

I actually think Dunne has been fantastic for us and has been an absolutely tremendous signing from Goodwin. There was a lot if laughter when we signed him, but he's strolling into any team in that 4th-10th group right now.

When he first came I said that Dunne could do a job for us (go on.. search back, I love saying "I told you so!"). The difference is that the formation has changed to suit his style of play. He looked cumbersome and nervy within the back 3. It also put him in a position where he had to make quick decisions. As part of the 4 he looks far more composed, and we aren't relying as much on his decision making. Strong, tall and with a wee bit of pace, all positive traits.

14 minutes ago, GAD said:

I actually think Dunne has been fantastic for us and has been an absolutely tremendous signing from Goodwin. There was a lot if laughter when we signed him, but he's strolling into any team in that 4th-10th group right now.

Aye, he's definitely swayed me. 

I really like McCarthy as well, he is too good to be sat on our bench.

Collum ruined another game of football today. Was never going to be a classic though.

I think Livi and Saints just cancel each other out tbh. Been tight games between the teams for years now.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That was a shocker from Dunne, he intentionally tries to swing his elbow into Soto’s face and succeeds. He did the same to Anderson earlier and should’ve been off.

If that’s overturned then the game’s gone 

You're deluded.

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aye, he's definitely swayed me. 

I really like McCarthy as well, he is too good to be sat on our bench.

Collum ruined another game of football today. Was never going to be a classic though.

I think Livi and Saints just cancel each other out tbh. Been tight games between the teams for years now.

I like McCarthy as well, but you are just not picking him ahead of either of the incumbents are you? Also, worth baring in mind McCarthy was not playing well at all before his injury. He will need to wait for his chance.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

I like McCarthy as well, but you are just not picking him ahead of either of the incumbents are you? Also, worth baring in mind McCarthy was not playing well at all before his injury. He will need to wait for his chance.

Nup you wouldn't be able to justify picking McCarthy ahead of Dunne just now. Seems a well balanced back 4, well when Tanser plays ahead of Tait. He can't be fully fit at the moment.

Martindale's tactics are as much of a problem as some of the players, this 2 wingers and 1 forward, and a hollow midfield is not working, Omeonga does plenty running about ,but when on the ball does nothing going forward. 
PITTMAN is done at this level was invisible the whole game, and how Martindale doesn't see his input is bewildering. Forrest was very quiet most of the game,and that was noticed in the teams overall performance.
Penrice,Holt,Devlin,Obileye,Nouble all put in a good shift

Stryjek   6/10
Devlin    8/10
Fitzwater 6.5/10
Obileye   7/10
Penrice   7.5/10
Pittman   1/10
Holt      7/10 
Nouble    6/10
Omeonga   4.5/10
Forrest   4/10
Anderson  6/10