The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

"It's all Val McDermid's fault. She's Sturgeon's pal" according to Twitter. Usually accompanied by the 🇬🇧 emojis. 

Completely ignores the fact that our other lead sponsor, club TV and safety officer all walked before the club u-turned. It doesn't matter the name attached to the charge, our fans stood up and made sure it wasn't happening. He's claimed that he's not told his story, but it's all they're in the court papers. 

Tbh he’s no even told us anything that we already didn’t know from the statements on twitter plus previously he just mentioned the 100k payment and the bankruptcy that was it 

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Utterly bewildering that anyone can read the court case and conclude that Goodwillie isn't a rapist. Even Goodwillie doesn't deny having sex with a woman who an hour previously could barely walk. 

But it dusnae sit right wae LargsTon so people should stop calling him a rapist and let the laddie earn a guid honest wage.

It wasn’t just Goodwillie, David Robertson, the co-accused retired immediately after the verdict. 

If someone can justify two men finding an unconscious woman they both don’t know, secure keys to an empty flat so that they can both have sex with her in it and then leave her there as probably nothing, probably no case to answer, probably innocent, they have serious issues. 

15 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Honestly don't see how he can be arsed at this stage 😂😂

It surely can't be about the money at that level of the game, stubbornness?

This may have been answered at the start of the forum but goodwillie went on to make over 150 apps for Clyde was all this anger and downright hate there at the time or was it only when he signed for raith?

I probably as well as many fans knew he was playing for Clyde and really didn’t have a problem, until why?, was it cause of a bigger pay or cause raitg is a bigger club so more exposure or cause of that author lassie val something?

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

This may have been answered at the start of the forum but goodwillie went on to make over 150 apps for Clyde was all this anger and downright hate there at the time or was it only when he signed for raith?

I probably as well as many fans knew he was playing for Clyde and really didn’t have a problem, until why?, was it cause of a bigger pay or cause raitg is a bigger club so more exposure or cause of that author lassie val something?

There was plenty of outrage at the time.  Clyde just decided they didnt care.  

55 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

A very brief trawl of his Twitter feed suggests that he's quite a fan of Andrew Tate.

I wish I was surprised. Tate milks the moronic through his schools which would be fine but all the other elements of his business and his teachings are deeply troubling and anyone who is interested in him is therefore a complete arsehole.

As for some of the takes in this thread. Oooft.

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

It was well covered at the time of the transfer. I think it was a perfect storm of people being more enlightened due to things like the me too movement

The fact a club was paying a fee, he was going to make a fair wack in wages and he would have a higher profile. Raith bought him to boost their promotion campaign and  had they gone up he would be back in the top division on TV and have higher exposure. 

The victim didn't even get justice and he was on the way back up. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

There was plenty of outrage at the time.  Clyde just decided they didnt care.  

I’ll take your word for it I just don’t remember it

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

It was well covered at the time of the transfer. I think it was a perfect storm of people being more enlightened due to things like the me too movement

The fact a club was paying a fee, he was going to make a fair wack in wages and he would have a higher profile. Raith bought him to boost their promotion campaign and  had they gone up he would be back in the top division on TV and have higher exposure. 

Must admit I was probably still young enough that I wasn’t sure what was going on , being older now and still not having read into it , all Iv kind read into it was that he and the Robertson guy did It but he was the only one who retired or quit the game

Well just watched the James English podcast with that scum bag 

It was basically a waffle session he said things that he’s already said in the past ie The tweets and snippets here and there… interesting that he said he wasn’t sure about coming to the rovers but we assured him it would be fine and how wrong they were on that….. oh and he’s played the following 2 cards 

he played the victim card

the mental health card 

27 minutes ago, pub car king said:

And no one could say they didn’t see it coming (the backlash) because there was rumours of us, Falkirk and 1 other club I can’t mind who looking to sign him in the December before the window as the club were warned not just by the fans but also press and people at the club to stay well clear and McGlynn tried to sign at least 3 strikers before him and panicked 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You're in no position to be saying that to anyone, you rape apologist flange.

He's one of the angriest alias accounts I've ever seen on the forum. It's like he's trying to get caught again.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

He's one of the angriest alias accounts I've ever seen on the forum. It's like he's trying to get caught again.

He probably is. That's a big part of the alias routine.

Just watched the interview, doesn’t tell you anything new or exclusive. There is a point where he comments and says “is she lying, is she telling the truth, are we telling the truth” but at the same time he’s saying he pretty much remembers everything. surely if there is even that slither of doubt in his mind, it goes to show he can’t be as innocent as he proclaims. 
Also see that when the talk of Raith comes up, that he can’t wait to put the boot in to Val and Sturgeon and the SNP councillor.