The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

90% of that type on Twitter seem to be either Dundee United or Rangers fans - tragic stuff. 

I’ve even seen one Dundee Utd fan saying they would be using the OAP/child gate at Starks this season because of it!

That'll sure show us.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A few years ago Dundee United invited him to an official celebration of an old cup win.

Reports suggested he was announced like a hero, an act the club didnt object to, and United fans in attendance gave him a standing round of applause and chanted his name.

NINTCHDBPICT000559234413.jpg.6f3bac56ff912e8ce5ff6de134e5474b.jpg

They sung "David Goodwillie, he does what he wants".

4 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Based in a town beginning with A.

Just had a swatch at the likes on his self pitying nonsense, got the head of recruitment at Falkirk, the Clyde photographer and SLO, lots of people with claims to coach youth teams. But the worst seemed to be someone who’s bio claims they are a senior teacher. Wild how thick some people are. 

2 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

That sounds about right, actually. I seem to remember their time was near it's end, now that you mention it. Could also be the case that NLC also saw that as the last straw that made their list of issues with Clyde too big to continue working with, so just kicked them out.

As I recall it, there was still a year left on their lease, but they left in a huff on a point of principle about who they could employ.

I’m not sure about the society has changed since 2017 line. Chef Evans was released in 2014 and Sheffield Utd, Hartlepool, Oldham and Grimsby all had to abandon attempts to sign him. Of course his conviction was overturned and he resumed his career but that shows there was a significant pushback then, several years before the Goodwillie judgement.

44 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’m not sure about the society has changed since 2017 line. Chef Evans was released in 2014 and Sheffield Utd, Hartlepool, Oldham and Grimsby all had to abandon attempts to sign him. Of course his conviction was overturned and he resumed his career but that shows there was a significant pushback then, several years before the Goodwillie judgement.

It's not been a sea change but it has happened. Wasn't that long ago when being on the register was practically a prerequisite for signing for Clyde.

3 hours ago, AyrExile said:

If Goodwillie feels he did nothing wrong then why would he be admitting anything. Slight difference between a criminal and civil conviction. If he’s going to be ostracised from life then I’d expect the criminal threshold to be reached.

The council allow convicted murders and paedos to use their facilities so strange how this person is singled out. Happy enough if they ban them all but GCC should be even handed in punishing people 

I hope no person in your life has to suffer what is said to be the worst crime you survive. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

You're ignorant in the issues of why rape has such a tiny prosecution level and why the victim sought as civil conviction. 

Read the testimony given to the civil case. Heard by three judges, top legal experts in the country.

Then go and tell your daughter/sister/wife you'd happily allow them intoxicated in his company.

Edited by RH33

Goodwillie is treated differently because hes high profile, rightly or wrongly.

He had to choose whether to slink into the background like Robertson and never be mentioned, or try and remain a footballer and keep the profile and the cost that brings.

He chose to keep his high profile and all that entails.

Once he had that high profile he could have used it to repent and try and help prevent others repeating his actions and help rehabilitate others to not repeat offend (like Martindale does), or he could be a little bitch and moan that hes not getting the best of both worlds in terms of being a high profile rapist who gets ignored.

He chose to complain that being a high profile rapist brings attention to him.

Literally everything thats happening to Goodwillie is completely and utterly his own fault. The fact that the utter moron, who turns 35 years old this season, can't see that his footballing career is completely and utterly dead, is incredible. The fact he can't see that, with no footballing career imminently appearing, that creating a whole media circus around himself and making himself an even higher profile rapist than before means that he'll struggle to even get a job outside of football anytime soon, is just bizarre.

You reap what you sow.

On 20/07/2023 at 16:08, RH33 said:

We've seen one poster actually go and educate themselves on the case, I think having open discussions means that even if one person changes their view in that case and makes others think about the realities if the difficulty facing those who suffer sexual assult, then some good can come of a hideous situation.

Goodwillie is a narcissist and will never realise why he is wrong.

Maybe Ayrexcile should become a second poster to educate themself.

Edited by RH33