Hibernian v St Johnstone - Saturday 5th March @ 3pm

That game was about as bad as anything I've seen from my normal mob this season. At least it was only a few quid but I'd be cheesed if I was paying crazy dough for that kind of stuff on a weekly basis.

Oh wait, I already am...

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Game was brutal. Half-time ‘entertainment’ was brutal. Thankful to the inept stewarding that kept me locked out of the first 15 minutes.  

Think the club should just give everyone their £5 back. 

It's all going to plan. Maloneyball has reduced the emphasis on obsolete twentieth century footballing methods and replaced them with the very best of Belgian Sports science. Success is no longer measured using outdated stone-age statistics like 'shots on target' and 'goals scored' but on more precise, statistically sound measurements, like ''expected passbacks per minute in possession' and 'defensive midfielder cross to tackle ratio'. Using these cutting edge statistics, Hibs are vying for third and fourth place in nearly half of the top Sabremetrical comparison metrics.

It's working, as you can see from today's game. St Johnstone were so utterly overwhelmed they couldn't even score their traditional last minute goal at Easter Road. Have faith in the process.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

It's all going to plan. Maloneyball has reduced the emphasis on obsolete twentieth century footballing methods and replaced them with the very best of Belgian Sports science. Success is no longer measured using outdated stone-age statistics like 'shots on target' and 'goals scored' but on more precise, statistically sound measurements, like ''expected passbacks per minute in possession' and 'defensive midfielder cross to tackle ratio'. Using these cutting edge statistics, Hibs are vying for third and fourth place in nearly half of the top Sabremetrical comparison metrics.

It's working, as you can see from today's game. St Johnstone were so utterly overwhelmed they couldn't even score their traditional last minute goal at Easter Road. Have faith in the process.

Can I interest you in a recruitment manager. 100% sure Maloney and Him share a brain based on this analysis 

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Guff. Get this season and this manager in the bin, please. 

That today put me right back to where I was in December/January with Davidson. Playing a Hibs team who can’t score, in poor form and missing a load of players and we show absolutely zero ambition. Crawford constantly giving away possession, McPherson’s set piece delivery absolutely rotten, endless long balls. Just shite and totally lacking any plan to win the game.

Does anyone think we’d be better just chucking Craig and/or Davidson in the middle with Hallberg at the moment? Get the other two in the bin - lightweight and devoid of ideas.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

That today put me right back to where I was in December/January with Davidson. Playing a Hibs team who can’t score, in poor form and missing a load of players and we show absolutely zero ambition. Crawford constantly giving away possession, McPherson’s set piece delivery absolutely rotten, endless long balls. Just shite and totally lacking any plan to win the game.

Does anyone think we’d be better just chucking Craig and/or Davidson in the middle with Hallberg at the moment? Get the other two in the bin - lightweight and devoid of ideas.

100% agree with your assessment of our performance. 

The manager signed McPherson and Crawford so the manager will play them. Same logic applies to Ciftci, another one who’s clearly way out of his depth and who doesn’t give a shit. 

Questions need to be asked about what the f**k Davidson is doing in training. The number of muscle/strain injuries we are picking up is absolutely not bad luck. Seven injuries of that nature between the Aberdeen and Hibs matches, and Hallberg and MOH both looked like they were  struggling towards the end too and no update has been provided on them yet. Not to mention the hamstring injuries Ciftci and MOH picked up too. 

I honestly don’t care where we end up finishing this season. We deserve to go down and we need to start again with a new manager next season. The current one just isn’t up to the task. 

What I saw of the first half after the stewarding nonsense outside was rotten. By our standards this season the second half was alright. But by the standards of any other pro football team it was piss poor tho, f**k all chances or shots against a dreadful side. Hibs were awful and barely kicked a ball but still looked the likelier team to score because there was so much space for them on the wings.

Still hopeful we can out shitfest Dundee to 11th but I’d be pretty worried about a playoff tbh. We look like a side that will get taken apart by a limited but confident/ambitious Arbroath/Raith whatever. And Killie just have better players and a much better manager than us.

Please please get the manager to f**k at the end of the season because he’s ran out of ideas.

I thought we looked decent in the first half but:

- Sadly Doidge doesn't look like he's capable of at-least even being a pest anymore.
- Floating crosses in with only one not-really-a-target-man striker up top isn't doing anyone any favours.

The second half was a tough watch, St Johnstone far more in it but then again they were attacking my end in the second half so maybe just a perception.

Scott Allan shouldn't be playing for Hibs anymore sadly. We simply had far more control of the game without him, and that is entirely down to his lack of athleticism/physique, allowing to correct for mistakes. He did play some decent balls but nothing of the old calibre, and with the aforementioned physical problem those duff balls he plays are harder to recover from.

All that said, we're down a first 11 and we're still somehow 4th?

Happy Well Done GIF 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

Lets dwell on MacPherson’s dead balls in that second half.

Mixing up ambition and ability in a big way. Two minutes to go, everyone up to attack a delivery into the box and he kicks it straight along the ground for a goal kick, along with two others he wasted.

Why the f**k isn’t he being pulled off the kicks by then?!

Today the 16th game we've failed to score in, in the league this season. So now over 50% of the games we've played we've not scored in.

Lowest scorers in the league by a mile. Take away own goals and we have 16 goals in 30 games.

Its just utterly pathetic yet the manager clearly has no intention of trying to resolve it. Theres no way we can afford to have him in charge if we go down, we'll need to try and win games every week and theres nothing hes shown to suggest he knows how to do that.

From the pre-match shambles getting in, to the utterly shite football on show, it was a thoroughly shit afternoon of "entertainment".

We are so lacking in any form of guile, pace, belief, or even a system and way of playing that might lead to us creating chances. It's awful to watch and that falls solely at the door of the manager and his coaching team.

I'd be delighted if I never see Ciftci, McPherson or Crawford in a saints shirt again. 

Hibs were equally shite, thankfully. 

Massive missed opportunity for Saints today against a barebones Hibernian team. But then you'd question if we were even trying to take advantage of a situation we knew existed going into the match? 

Hendry lumbered with two poor partners that didn't help him out at all. No one in the midfield really wanting to impose themselves either.

And as flat an atmosphere as I've ever been part of at Easter Road.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres no way we can afford to have him in charge if we go down, we'll need to try and win games every week and theres nothing hes shown to suggest he knows how to do that.

This is the thing that troubled me this evening. What if we stay up? Really it's relegation is a lottery now. What I"m looking for is hope for the future, or lessons learned, or something. I desperately want Davidson to succeed or at least acknowledge where it's going wrong. But I've been saying it for months and I just don't see any improvement, week after week. If we somehow manage to stay up, what's the next step?

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

This is the thing that troubled me this evening. What if we stay up? Really it's relegation is a lottery now. What I"m looking for is hope for the future, or lessons learned, or something. I desperately want Davidson to succeed or at least acknowledge where it's going wrong. But I've been saying it for months and I just don't see any improvement, week after week. If we somehow manage to stay up, what's the next step?

Good question. I have absolutely no idea what our plan is most weeks. We’ve brought in a shedload of attacking players - but they’re all either crap or just don’t play. And when they do we don’t play to anybody’s strengths or show any real intent to go forward in any concerted manner, to exploit weaknesses in the opposition or do anything particularly productive. It is bollocks to watch and it’s no surprise at all we don’t score any goals.

We play two back to back home games now and we can’t really afford to lose either. Four points needs to be the minimum. At the very least we need to go down swinging - if we lose while trying to attack and win the game then fine, but a goalless draw or even worse, a narrow defeat with us getting one shot on target is pointless and crap.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Lets dwell on MacPherson’s dead balls in that second half.

Mixing up ambition and ability in a big way. Two minutes to go, everyone up to attack a delivery into the box and he kicks it straight along the ground for a goal kick, along with two others he wasted.

Why the f**k isn’t he being pulled off the kicks by then?!

I can't imagine being a teammate and watching the two frees and the other shot he ballooned over.

2 minutes ago, tolka said:

I can't imagine being a teammate and watching the two frees and the other shot he ballooned over.

They still let him take that free kick right at the end - the kind of set piece we regularly score with in injury time at Easter road - only for him to barely get the ball into the box. Madness.