Hibernian v St Johnstone - Saturday 5th March @ 3pm

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I've been plenty times before yesterday and never had any issues, mainly because we never had much more than 800-1000 fans. Yesterday we never had an issue because some of us can actually use a phone and place it under a scanner, even under the influence. Others? Not so much.

We were there at 2.25pm and missed kick off. The scanners weren't working for some QR codes on phones. About every 4th or 5th code wasn't scanning in the lower tier turnstiles for some reason and the stewards didn't know why. They thought it might be to do with the brightness setting on the screen. 

12 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

We were there at 2.25pm and missed kick off. The scanners weren't working for some QR codes on phones. About every 4th or 5th code wasn't scanning in the lower tier turnstiles for some reason and the stewards didn't know why. They thought it might be to do with the brightness setting on the screen. 

Ah right. We were upper tier and the only scanning problem I witnessed was operator error tbh. If it's any consolation you never missed much.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kind of feels like we're back to the Vertainen situation with Bair, doesn't it?

Chucked on at the end of games we're already losing and can't influence them so is just completely dumped. He'll probably get a start against Celtic in a 10-0-1 formation and that'll be it for him under Davidson when he can't do anything.

Which is much like Melamed last season. Big hype coming in but didn’t get near it til December, then even after a promising debut only got odd minutes here and there. 

35 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Didn't know Tam drank Sambuca.

I'll fucking drink anything.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Which is much like Melamed last season. Big hype coming in but didn’t get near it til December, then even after a promising debut only got odd minutes here and there. 

Which brings us back to Callum Davidson. Does he have trust issues?

I think his trust-fall exercise in kids PE went wrong and he's never been the same since. Poor wee damaged Callum. 

18 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ah right. We were upper tier and the only scanning problem I witnessed was operator error tbh. If it's any consolation you never missed much.

Was there at 2.10pm , my eldest went through scanner no problem, I put my grandson through next no problem , next son went through no problem, Mine did not scan said ticket rejected or something like that, Stewards not a clue what to do? guy eventually appeared with a hand held scanner, did not scan ended up letting me walk through the big exit door! so 1 in 4 about right. We were also in the top tier turnstiles 7-8! Another four people waiting after me to be re scanned.        

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

I'm sure someone will have it to hand, but would be interesting to see the minutes played between E2, Bair and Mahon since signed and all for fairly chunky cash for Saints. Probably c£300k for a combined 200-300 minutes? 

Vertainen - 235 minutes over 7 appearances (~34 minutes per appearance)

Bair - 74 minutes over 4 appearances (~19 minutes per appearance)

Mahon - 44 minutes over 2 appearances (22 minutes per appearance)

Total = 353 minutes

32 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

And yet instead of thinking that it might just repeat with any of the new players, he made a desperate push to get Melamed back.

Genuinely think he has a "its worked before" tattoo somewhere on his body. He won't learn any lessons if we stay up, he'll just take it as a justification of his methods against the bad luck of injuries/refereeing decisions.

That was one of the worst games I’ve ever watched in my life. The atmosphere was also absolutely shite despite there being 19,500 odd folk present. I think that says a lot about Hibs current form as well. Everything about that game was pish. Saints were painfully uncreative.

Take a moment to remember that loyal fans are paying about £25 quid to watch that absolute garbage every week. That game was barely worth the fiver. I won’t be back at another game this season until the play-offs if we are so lucky to avoid bottom spot.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I won’t be back at another game this season until the play-offs if we are so lucky to avoid bottom spot.

I think theres potential for a "loser takes nothing" match against Dundee at Dens after the split, with could be fun in terms of atmosphere. 

Then again, it'll probably be a complete slog as two relegation destined sides play for a draw while both fanbases hound their manager.

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

That was one of the worst games I’ve ever watched in my life. The atmosphere was also absolutely shite despite there being 19,500 odd folk present. I think that says a lot about Hibs current form as well. Everything about that game was pish. Saints were painfully uncreative.

Take a moment to remember that loyal fans are paying about £25 quid to watch that absolute garbage every week. That game was barely worth the fiver. I won’t be back at another game this season until the play-offs if we are so lucky to avoid bottom spot.

Must be a bummer when both your teams are shite, Thats the problem with "glory hunting" i suppose!

Queues for turnstiles 5 and 6 were something else, think I’d been standing in the same spot for around 10 minutes, arrived about 2.40 and missed the first 10 minutes or so. Genuinely thought the steward was going to cry with all the anger being directed towards him. Poor sod. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Queues for turnstiles 5 and 6 were something else, think I’d been standing in the same spot for around 10 minutes, arrived about 2.40 and missed the first 10 minutes or so. Genuinely thought the steward was going to cry with all the anger being directed towards him. Poor sod. 

That stand has been up for the best part of 30 years and Hibs still haven't worked out how to get a crowd into it for kick-off time. Always a shambles.

Disappointed that Porteous running to take a quick throw in when the ball wasn't even out of play didn't make the Sportscene highlights. 

The MacPherson challenge gets worse every time I watch it. Absolutely awful.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

That stand has been up for the best part of 30 years and Hibs still haven't worked out how to get a crowd into it for kick-off time. Always a shambles.

The irony of having a pink 1 tiered tip behind the goal with a couple of turnstyles ever open for over 3000 fans isn't lost with me bud :)

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The irony of having a pink 1 tiered tip behind the goal with a couple of turnstyles ever open for over 3000 fans isn't lost with me bud :)

That's the thing. Tynecastle has clear issues with layout. But that stand at Easter Road has absolutely no such problems. Loads of space to work with etc.

And, obviously, I've never been at a pay-at-the-gate game there. It's genuinely baffling how they manage to make the act of handing over a ticket and pressing the wee button take so long.

23 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's the thing. Tynecastle has clear issues with layout. But that stand at Easter Road has absolutely no such problems. Loads of space to work with etc.

And, obviously, I've never been at a pay-at-the-gate game there. It's genuinely baffling how they manage to make the act of handing over a ticket and pressing the wee button take so long.

For a bog standard game like yesterday I agree it should be straight forward.

For a derby when fans pile in 5 mins before the start it's understandable. 

Arguably the worst part of yesterday’s experience was the rendition of Nessun Dorma at half time. It was honestly so loud it was impossible to hold a conversation. Also the ridiculous number of ‘shout outs’ that took place - felt like I was at a school disco. That boy loves the sound of his own voice like.