Morton vs Thistle - 12th March 2022

I think Morton eventually realised we had no ideas going forward besides Jakubiak getting to the byline, and that Foster was having a disaster - Ugwu was stuck to him for most of the second half and our defense eventually collapsed. 

I think McCall has shown some shitebag tactics in our last couple of away games - we clearly played primarily not to concede away to Raith (pumped for 4 goals by Ayr in their next game), then retreated further and further in this game, putting Hendrie on for Smith while 1-0 up. If he must do that, putting Akinola on either in place of one of our disaster full backs or rejigging to a back 5 would surely have made more sense. 

The respective young teams were about the only thing that made 20 quid worth paying. The plooky stewards walking about like a scene from Olympus Has Fallen any other time, then doing their best Homer Simpson retreating into a hedge act when the goals went in. Some auld guy having a bizarre meltdown at them and kicking the gates. 

22 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I think Morton eventually realised we had no ideas going forward besides Jakubiak getting to the byline, and that Foster was having a disaster - Ugwu was stuck to him for most of the second half and our defense eventually collapsed. 

I think McCall has shown some shitebag tactics in our last couple of away games - we clearly played primarily not to concede away to Raith (pumped for 4 goals by Ayr in their next game), then retreated further and further in this game, putting Hendrie on for Smith while 1-0 up. If he must do that, putting Akinola on either in place of one of our disaster full backs or rejigging to a back 5 would surely have made more sense. 

The respective young teams were about the only thing that made 20 quid worth paying. The plooky stewards walking about like a scene from Olympus Has Fallen any other time, then doing their best Homer Simpson retreating into a hedge act when the goals went in. Some auld guy having a bizarre meltdown at them and kicking the gates. 

I dont know what it is with stewards....as soon as they pull on that hi-viz top they morph into little Hitlers.

Very grateful for the 3 points . ....now where did I put that large Lagavulin ? 

38 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

A bit of perspective required here.They were only kids for goodness sake.

Assume you don't agree with the club statement in it then? Does that make it any less wrong or embarrassing? They know right from wrong and it doesn't reflect well on the club. 

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't know, couldn't watch it as I don't have a telescope.

Anniversary tribute to Sir Patrick Moore | The Argus

Thank you.

Thats a wee shame.

Still .. not to worry.. next season you can view it up close.

enjoy your evening and thank you.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Assume you don't agree with the club statement in it then? Does that make it any less wrong or embarrassing? They know right from wrong and it doesn't reflect well on the club. 

You honestly think daft 10/11 year-olds read club statements?

By the letter of the law kids shouldnt invade football pitches when their team scores. Correct.

Frankly....I didnt find it embarrasing.On the contrary....it reminded me of when I was that age daft but ultra enthusiastic about all things Morton.

Not condoning their behaviour but like I said earlier....lighten up.....theyre kids.

Had the beeb coverage on the radio in my works van, legit just did a resigned "yep sounds about right" shrug at chucking the win away, no shock. Post match did sound like we were going with fatigue as the main excuse although i think kettlewell was on and noted we've had a lot of games recently, and tbf looking at the fixtures on the os we've had 6 games from 22nd february - 12th march (4 already this month) which might be taking its toll. Not trying to take anything away from morton, wasnt at the game as i say, but having a full week before our next game should help a bit.

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Got exactly what we deserved from that.

Should also add that Foster put in one of the worst displays I’ve ever seen from a professional footballer. Unsure if he managed to complete a single pass. 

Its awrite he's on the tele. 

4 hours ago, milhouse said:

I don't understand this - are you assuming Falkirk get promoted are we are playing them next season?

We have been Greenock's cup final as long as I can remember.

Greenock's cup final....... 

Absolute nick of this fkn post. 

3 hours ago, Barney Exactly said:

Who the hell is the maniacal Thistle fan, there with his daughter who is about 12 I think ( who looked frightened, bored and miserable at different times)…who simply shouted vile abuse all game, tried to get on the park to “fight” the wee Morton boys, and challenged any steward who’d look at him to a “square go”?

He’s about 40….an embarrassment to Thistle.

oh!…and what a poor result! 

Sounds like a fkn wrong un typical Partick fan then.