Raith Rovers v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

7 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I’ll be honest, I can’t stand Colin Steven, however, watching those highlights, it looks more like an accumulation of close decisions which all went against us, rather than anything absolutely horrendous. 

We looked like we played pretty well in general, although Robbie Thomson was really poor at the first one and MacDonald would have got a lot closer to the second one, but regardless, the season is a week closer to finishing, which is the main positive. What a missed opportunity it’s been. 

I’ve been observing Colin Steven since he started in the non-league and he’s always been hopeless. I met loads of refs as part of my job was to pay them at the end and they were mostly all sound guys but he seemed to have a smell under his nose.

Let’s face it, none of us are going to beat St Johnstone over two legs given the shiteness of our league this season.

Just watched it back and I haven't changed my mind about anything really. Benedictus looked a bad ta kle and is a yellow all day long. Broadfoot has jumped up and grabbed a guy by the throat and should go. 

The Samuel one is a less dramatic version of the Benedictis one and was a yellow but the ref has already drawn his line in the sand so he should have went as well if the ref is being consistent. 

The Williamson is a pointless yellow on the final whistle but by then it was obvious the referee had not run or controlled the match in the least. 

As for the 2 late goals the equaliser is a deflection off dicks leg due to 10 men not covering well. The winner looks poor and being crotchless Thomson should have done more. 

It was a decent game ref and injuries aside. Guess it really just sums  up our season. 

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I’ll be honest, I can’t stand Colin Steven, however, watching those highlights, it looks more like an accumulation of close decisions which all went against us, rather than anything absolutely horrendous. 

I’d say the most contentious might be Williamson’s second yellow, although the fact the game was done and he’ll now be suspended, he may actually have done us a favour there. 

Yeah it mostly looked like 50/50s up until the Williamson dismissal, which was one of those didn't-see-the-initial-incident-so-I'll-just-book-the-two-players cop-outs. (A bit like that time Nade chinned Zander Clark during a break in play and almost nobody saw it.)

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Grabbing someone by the collar isn’t violent conduct.

Immaterial, he raised his hands in retaliatory anger............ its a red card by the letter of the rules, all academic now anyway its not going to change anything, you won we lost

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

the Williamson dismissal, which was one of those didn't-see-the-initial-incident-so-I'll-just-book-the-two-players cop-outs. 

And for that alone Steven should be disciplined.

The rules are - if you don't see, you don't give. You don't give decisions by guessing.

If it wasn't so serious and Steven wasn't such an abject little man, his use of the whistle during the melee was almost comical. It was like watching a box set of One Man and his Dog, the only difference being that the dugs generally take heed of the person whistling at them.

16 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
55 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
Grabbing someone by the collar isn’t violent conduct.

Away and not talk shite, man. Using or attempting to use excessive force is violent conduct. Unless he was offering to straighten his collar, I'd say it was excessive.

Excessive force 😂

8 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Not sure I’d agree that Broadfoot deserved a red for that, but I appreciate I’m maybe in the minority here. It’s aggressive, but not violent, which should mean a yellow rather than a red.

Dougie Hill and Josh Falkingham immediately comes to mind:

Tempers fly in loco derby - PressReader

Edited by Raith_Raver