Raith Rovers v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

34 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

It would be as he’s been shocking for weeks/months.

It’s no surprise that we actually got our first win in 3 months when players like Ross, Zanatta, Tumilty etc were out.

In fairness, much like us, hasn't your whole team been honking for a while? 

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

In fairness, much like us, hasn't your whole team been honking for a while? 

Yes.  But it's no coincidence that playing, for example, 2 strikers actually yielded a positive result.

Part of me thinks the less players available,  the less Mcglynn can overthink things, and the more back to basics we go.  

Yes.  But it's no coincidence that playing, for example, 2 strikers actually yielded a positive result.
Part of me thinks the less players available,  the less Mcglynn can overthink things, and the more back to basics we go.  

In fairness we played the same two strikers against Dunfermline in the 0-0 at New Year, and they were fucking terrible. Partnerships take time and all that but it was like having two players up front on their own.

I didn’t see the game last week so they might have been great, but the Poplatnik/Varian combo never struck me as a good one. Varian/Gullan is one I’ve been wanting to see for a while and I do hope we give two up front a chance - I always bang the drum about needing to change how you play regularly in this league as teams know what to expect when playing you so often. Suddenly playing four-four-fackin-two might just get us over the line.

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

In fairness we played the same two strikers against Dunfermline in the 0-0 at New Year, and they were fucking terrible. Partnerships take time and all that but it was like having two players up front on their own.

I didn’t see the game last week so they might have been great, but the Poplatnik/Varian combo never struck me as a good one. Varian/Gullan is one I’ve been wanting to see for a while and I do hope we give two up front a chance - I always bang the drum about needing to change how you play regularly in this league as teams know what to expect when playing you so often. Suddenly playing four-four-fackin-two might just get us over the line.

Don't get me wrong, they weren't amazing and they won't solve our goal scoring woes, but having people taking advantage of flick ons etc was a novel sight.

I'm probably going to have to drive over tomorrow from Edinburgh. Is it relatively trouble free to get parked near the ground without having to pay for a ticket (or get ticketed)?

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I'm probably going to have to drive over tomorrow from Edinburgh. Is it relatively trouble free to get parked near the ground without having to pay for a ticket (or get ticketed)?

Get parked at the Beveridge Park or in the area around the ground. Loads of free parking. 

Edited by Scary Bear

Park on the esplanade at the lorry Park. Small kiosk for coffee and food before going to the ground.

There's a special programme tomorrow in tribute to Frank Connor.

Some great pics and stories in it, including the full transcript of his induction into the Rovers Hall of Fame and a reprint of an interview he did for the excellent Stark's Bark fanzine in 1992.

It's free of charge, but donations are welcome. All donations are going to Alzheimer's Scotland at the request of Frank's family.

I found myself in the Main Stand again for the Ayr game. First game back in the Main Stand since 2020. Bad juju and we got pumped 0-4. However, I am contemplating angering the football gods and returning there today. 

4th v 5th today with a chance to leapfrog Inverness. If we’re ever going to beat them today would be a good day to do it. Lovely sunny day. Hopefully our sickness bug ravaged squad are up for it.

I have a nagging feeling I should South Stand it today if I want a positive result, but I’ll probably end up Main Standing it and taking the wrath of the gods. Main stand misery.

Edited by Scary Bear

39 minutes ago, RiG said:

Same team for us. No surprises there. Fingers crossed for a big 3 points...

I take it mckay is number 1 till he has a howler? That's a few games with ridgers on the bench, or is ridgers not 100% still and only there to stop having to name esson?