Raith Rovers v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

It was us that brokered the deal too. I remember a crisis meeting in the main stand when one of the directors at the time tried to justify it as we had booed the team, which included these three, off the park a couple of weeks previous.

That sounds exactly like the sort of thing that that w**k Colin McGowan would come out with. 

Sadly I can’t see us getting a win here after Inverness smashed Arbroath 3-0, yes we beat a poor QOTS 1-0 away with quite a few out and ended our terrible run but we didn’t look good and rarely threatened their goal (it took some pretty dodgy goalkeeping to get the goal).  Hopefully we’ve got a few more players available for this one but we still look like we don’t know how to break teams down in the last 3rd.  

Had Raith not been in the papers for having a tax bill of £20,000 to pay and then Livi came in and bought their three best players for exactly that ammount?
As I remember it, someone on our end told them how much we needed to pay that and didn't bother to think of negotiating for more.

They plundered us as well, I remember Xausa, Barry Wilson and Mark McCulloch going. Soon after that they whipped us 4-1 at Almondvale which was a shocking result for us, as we had a great record of getting a result there even when our keeper got sent off, or the time we stopped them going up in 1998, they started the day in top spot and ended up 3rd after Sheerin’s late winner.

24 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

They plundered us as well, I remember Xausa, Barry Wilson and Mark McCulloch going. Soon after that they whipped us 4-1 at Almondvale which was a shocking result for us, as we had a great record of getting a result there even when our keeper got sent off, or the time we stopped them going up in 1998, they started the day in top spot and ended up 3rd after Sheerin’s late winner.

I spoke with Pele in the Garmouth Hotel bar about losing those players and he said he couldn't blame them as they had at least doubled their wages.

Wasn't that foolish lottery winner bankrolling Livi back then?

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I was at that 1-5 game, great days with good players, going into every game with the optimism of a win, now we have some who excitably view Saturdays result against a part time team as a title win.

I'm hoping for a win but fear it will be another draw.

Who would that be?

Prior to the quite magnificent win on Saturday there were a handful on here that certainly were excitable. 

I rather think that the correction from their extreme polemic towards the norm or even complete silence is the interesting aspect.

15 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Yeah they got Wilson and McCulloch in the summer and Xausa maybe about half way through the season?

I remember we drew against them in Inverness and Leishman made some passive aggressive comment after the game about how we were celebrating drawing a game against Livi that showed the difference in the teams. Dry your eyes fat boy!

23 hours ago, Snafu said:

He was about reaching his peak, a real pest.

Wasn't he away to Livingston a couple of months later?

Yep! back in the day when Livingston were signing any decent player from below the SPL and has-been and then spitting them out a year later. I seem to remember  we lost 3 players to them, but it didn't affect us that much with whom they were replaced with.

Aye, there was a period where our front line options were Alex Burns, Craig Dargo and Stevie Tosh and we somehow didn't manage to make a go of the title (which in fairness probably had to do with relying partly on a defence consisting of Paul Browne and Greig McCulloch)

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

Do you still have to buy tickets before hand or can you just rock up and pay at the gate?

Queue in front of the main stand, purchase your ticket and then present it at the away end.

It does seem a bit Soviet but I'm sure that there will be good reason.

I do hope it's not too much of an imposition to have to walk the length of the main stand, it's something that has caused at least one fan to get overwrought.

15 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Well, matches against Inverness are always tough, but at least we don't have a selection crisis... 

f**k.

Ethan Ross being out would be v. v. good.