Celtic v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi Final

27 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

After beating us at Ibrox in 05 there was absolutely nothing from that performance that suggested celtic were going to lose 2 of their last 4 games either, but it happened, and with arguably a better and stronger team back then

Shit can happen in football, while in my head i cant see it happening as the teams facing celtic dont seem capable of doing it now, a result like yesterday can throw spanners in the works 

If county hadnt scored that last minute equaliser against us, i dont think the 3-0 trouncing at parkhead happens, celtic might still have won it, odds were they would have, but the manner of the result i think is different if we held out at county 

The title was most likely over after Ibrox . We can all agree on that 

there is an attitude however amongst Celtic fans and some of the players quotes over last few weeks that it is done and dusted already though . I’m not sure if it comes on the back of how good and at times easy they have had it over the last ten years . But it’s a bit of a dodgy attitude to have. In there position I would be wanting our support and particularly our players to be sticking to the one game at a time mantra 

last season when we were in a twenty point lead I wasn’t celebrating anything until it was officially confirmed 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, AJF said:

What about the blatant offside ignored that almost led to Hatate scoring? Or the fact that Celtic’s goal came from a foul that shouldn’t have been given?

Do you just ignore those incidents to perpetuate the Madden myth?

In my first post I said the Celtic goal was beautiful with Brother Madden stopping the play again,you seem to agree the referee was shocking M8. 

26 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Disgraceful stuff. He even allowed Arfield to push him around. 

download (9).jpeg

Apart from giving Aribo and Brassy second yellow's plus Lundstram kicking Celtic players, inconsistent advantage,mythical fouls,man marking Celtic players,getting it to extra time was some achievement.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Apart from giving Aribo and Brassy second yellow's plus Lundstram kicking Celtic players, inconsistent advantage,mythical fouls,man marking Celtic players,getting it to extra time was some achievement.

I'm with you. Now what are we going to do about it? 

Car park? 

37 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

In my first post I said the Celtic goal was beautiful with Brother Madden stopping the play again,you seem to agree the referee was shocking M8. 

I agree he was poor, I don't agree that he was biased which you are claiming.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

After beating us at Ibrox in 05 there was absolutely nothing from that performance that suggested celtic were going to lose 2 of their last 4 games either, but it happened, and with arguably a better and stronger team back then

Shit can happen in football, while in my head i cant see it happening as the teams facing celtic dont seem capable of doing it now, a result like yesterday can throw spanners in the works 

If county hadnt scored that last minute equaliser against us, i dont think the 3-0 trouncing at parkhead happens, celtic might still have won it, odds were they would have, but the manner of the result i think is different if we held out at county 

It’s possible yeah however on this occasion it would take us to drop more points than in 05 or for us to see a 20 goal swing in Rangers favour.

Sunday will be massive and will be the strongest indicator of how well placed we are to finish the job.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

There is a difference between believing he had a poor performance compared to believing he was cheating.

I don’t think he was cheating i just think he is fucking inept. He let a lot go and a few fouls that just didnt make sense and merited bookings. 

The winner looks offside however that’s not on Madden and tbf we have had 1 or 2 of those go in our favour this year so it’s unfair to blame the linesman when it’s so close and he only has 1 take, i do think VAR rules it out though. I’d like to have seen the Barisic handball one analysed by VAR as that too was close.

On another day we get these decisions, on this day we didn’t but that’s fitba and if CCV took that chance it would have all been irrelevant but those are the small margins that decides games.

Doesn’t change the fact Madden is awful which is an opinion not exclusive to Celtic fans though

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You said Biased I said his style of refereeing the game, the interpretation is in Brother Madden's head M8.

You literally said that he made sure the momentum stayed with Rangers. If that's not insinuating bias I don't know what is.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t think he was cheating i just think he is fucking inept. He let a lot go and a few fouls that just didnt make sense and merited bookings. 

The winner looks offside however that’s not on Madden and tbf we have had 1 or 2 of those go in our favour this year so it’s unfair to blame the linesman when it’s so close and he only has 1 take, i do think VAR rules it out though. I’d like to have seen the Barisic handball one analysed by VAR as that too was close.

On another day we get these decisions, on this day we didn’t but that’s fitba and if CCV took that chance it would have all been irrelevant but those are the small margins that decides games.

Doesn’t change the fact Madden is awful which is an opinion not exclusive to Celtic fans though

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Madden here at all, I'm just seeing a lot of Celtic fans online claiming he cheated them which was mirrored by Willy here which I completely disagree with. I already gave a couple of examples from Sunday that went against Rangers, one of them leading to Celtic's goal.

So aye, I agree he was poor, but anyone claiming he was biased are seeing what they want to see.

Maybe if St Johnstone stay in the league,the coefficient points Celtic have collected over the last 5 years are massive to the position we find ourselves in, it couldn't be done without Celtic cheers. 

I’m not entirely sure what that means but it certainly doesn’t address the point. Celtic will undoubtedly win the League again, but crowing about guaranteed CL qualification and the money that comes with it, seems a little empty given their performance in recent European competition.
Its the same well worn path of the ‘yo-yo’ clubs in the English Championship, Fulham, Norwich etc. Access to an embarrassment of riches on gaining promotion to the Premiership, but finding themselves languishing at the bottom of the pile again the following season, gasping for air.
Unable to compete at a higher level on the park despite the cash windfall, they take the parachute payment then rinse and repeat. In Celtic’s case whatever they can scoop up in the Europa League which also included a third bite at the cherry this season in the Europa Conference.

8 hours ago, Clockwork said:

And hopefully use it to improve Celtic’s miserable performance in recent European competition or be content that £40m gives you just enough to hammer the likes of St Johnstone and wander home happy that your team is doing well?

Aye that. All that.

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye trust us, if we had a choice he wouldn't have been near sundays game, still cant believe he missed the foul at tannadice on sakala in the box, baldy useless b*****d he is