The Top Six Crunch

46 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

St Mirren have still to play both ugly sisters before the break, Aberdeen are well, Aberdeen. I'd say that is probably why St Johnstone, with Callum Davidson at the helm I may add, will end up top six.

I'm not convinced it's inevitable but nonetheless 13/2 with Skybet seems like the best value in the market

Top 6 finish (best pricese) 
Hearts: 1/1000
Livingston: 2/9
Hibs: 2/7
St Mirren: 1/2
Aberdeen: 4/6
St Johnstone: 13/2
Motherwell: 50/1
Dundee United: 66/1
Ross County: 200/1
Kilmarnock: 200/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/scotland-premiership/top-6-finish

6 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It's like last season. Everyone is utter guff. We still had a chance of making top 6 despite a run of 1 win in 12 going into the county game. 

Speak for yourselves and the other diddies. The big three have all played well at times (especially Celtic).

19 minutes ago, Darren said:

Speak for yourselves and the other diddies. The big three have all played well at times (especially Celtic).

For there to be considered a big 3, the team in 3rd would have to give the two above them a competitive game from time to time at least getting a draw.  Hearts are as shite and diddy as the rest of us then it comes to the Old Firm. 

22 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

For there to be considered a big 3, the team in 3rd would have to give the two above them a competitive game from time to time at least getting a draw.  Hearts are as shite and diddy as the rest of us then it comes to the Old Firm. 

Reminds me of when British TV used to pretend there was a "Big 4" in tennis (to include Andy Murray), while the rest of the world knew that - really - only Djokovic, Nadal and Federer counted.

32 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You don't have to accept or reject it but it's not the silliest assertion we've seen round here

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Reminds me of when British TV used to pretend there was a "Big 4" in tennis (to include Andy Murray), while the rest of the world knew that - really - only Djokovic, Nadal and Federer counted.

At least Andy gave them a game at times and won stuff he was though well behind.  Hearts get shagged of the two teams above them every time they play them and have 30,000 less fans than the team in second.  Weird stuff. 

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We bottled it last year, we’ve tended to bottle a few things in the last few years so I can do us chucking this. 

Apparently as a set of players they’re aiming for European football, so here’s hoping they can deliver on that one

Martindale seemed like he was aiming for Europe in his interview with Si Ferry

Only 2 teams have won multiple major trophies in the past decade, so its sensible to suggest theres a big 2.

Hearts havent won anything of note in over 10 years, with spells in the 2nd tier, so have no claim to anything IMO.