Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

5 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

Deary me. The club won’t get in bother for a single smoke bomb, I’ll have a £100 wager with you on that? 
“if the trend grows” it’s not a new thing, it happens up and down the country every single week. 

“away and sing your pish ‘Putting on a show’ song”… bizarre.
I wasn’t there tonight. If you’re that arsed about it, say something to their face, don’t cry on a forum and state they need a kick in. 

There's a thread in the Premiership forum about how it seems to be increasing. My point here is that folk will jump on the trend and do it more often if the trend grows. If it grows the league will take action over it. The club won't get in any bother over the incident tonight.

If I was at the game and in the section it was thrown then I would have told them to f**k so far off with that shite. Unsure how you think I could have done that many miles away from the ground. This is a forum where folk discuss things, so why would I not post about it on here?

Edited by DA Baracus

McGlynn talking a power of pish on the radio. Said there wasn't much in and that we created nothing first half.

Surely not? Can understand him being disappointed with the goals they conceded, but first half Lawless had 2 great chances that he should have scored. Raith, on the other hand, had a free kick that hit the wall and no other attempts on goal.

Even second half we created a lot more. McGlynn’s tactics were totally wrong and he’s as much of a slaver as Yogi, who can’t accept the responsibility for his errors/mistakes.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Surely not? Can understand him being disappointed with the goals they conceded, but first half Lawless had 2 great chances that he should have scored. Raith, on the other hand, had a free kick that hit the wall and no other attempts on goal.

Even second half we created a lot more. McGlynn’s tactics were totally wrong and he’s as much of a slaver as Yogi, who can’t accept the responsibility for his errors/mistakes.

The pundits all disagreed with him and had a wee chuckle about it.

I imagine we'll see some posts about the Pars "wanting it more" but that's inane pish. That was the difference between a team who've been given simple instructions they know how to carry out, and one full of square pegs in round holes trying to do things they're not capable of. 

I did the Pars a disservice when I suggested earlier today that Thistle basically thumped themselves. Dunfermline are very good without the ball, and very well set up to take advantage of other teams being poor. They could've easily had four or five off the Rovers there. I'd stand by the suggestion that if the Rovers had scored first it would've reversed the scoreline, though. Once they had the lead the Pars could wait and pick the Rovers up but I don't know if they could've battled back with a more stubborn opposition in front of them. 

Frankly, though, that was never a concern. The Rovers didn't have a route to goal tonight. I think Varian's tame header in the last few minutes was the first attempt on target? Even the sort of f**k up that made the opener - Ambrose is more than capable of something like that, but would we have had two players close enough to take advantage? No chance. 

I'm going to give McGlynn the benefit of the doubt and say that neither Dick nor Mackie was fit enough to play and that the back four was essentially foisted on him, but even then, the choice to play out from the back was absolute suicide. I don't want to go overboard because I've been pretty harsh already, but when has Dave McKay ever shown that he has any of the attributes required to do that? He wins headers and makes tackles. He's good at doing that, but that's it. If you're playing Dave McKay, he should be under strict instructions to either play two yard passes or launch it. Anything else is madness. It's not his fault, it's just not his game. You'd be as well asking him to play in goal. 

Zanatta was deservedly hooked at half time, because I think that's the worst 45 minutes I've seen from anyone this season. Not just failing to make things happen, but actively detrimental. Again, I can only assume injuries/fitness kept Ethan Ross on the bench, but we needed someone behind Poplatnik to keep him effective. Failing to play a 10 at all is absolutely criminal and really calls McGlynn's judgement into question. We know that neither Varian or Poplatnik can do anything when they're that isolated. I have absolutely no idea how McGlynn thought we were going to use the ball once we got past the halfway line in that first half. 

Because we've still got to go to Firhill our season isn't over yet, but it feels like it is. Far too many players out there who clearly need a close season, and a management team who need to reflect on some long spells of dreadful footballing strategy this season that need to be rectified for next year. 

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

And at least Yogi doesn't sign Rapists. 

McGlynn going all Ian McCall in that interview.

The match reminds me of the 4-0 defeat to Hearts last season when we were injury hit and played out. Besides that our constant giving the ball away made it easy for Dunfermline to look better than they are. I cant see much improvement from us on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

McGlynn going all Ian McCall in that interview

Don't understand how, after the multitude of failure he has presided over, that he is manager.

But I'm mighty glad he is.

That was really, really bad. We looked every bit a team who played a final 3 days ago. Leggy right from the start and pars just closed us down. Dave McKay will be lucky to get a league aide next season, no where near a championship centre half. Spencer thrown straight in after months out looked miles off it.

Pars well, well worth their win and made a terrible c**t of a few chances too. Can this season just be over? 

Can someone explain the point of Polworth to me. Rarely wins possession rarely makes a pass just an empty shirt shadowing opponents most of the time. 

He won the ball off the defender and played it to O’Hara for the first goal ffs

Aye, that was absolutely stinking. Gifted away two goals but in reality there was only one team who showed up. Benedictus and McKay should be nowhere near starting for us. Spencer looked every bit of a player who hasn't played a match since December. Connelly looked dead on his feet, and that isn't a slight on him given Sunday's performance. It's fucking shite that we've played four derbies this season and it's felt like we've been on top for about 50 minutes at top - even more so given two of those games had one of the worst Pars managers in history in charge. 

Said it on Twitter, but I'll mention it on here too. That Norrie song is far more embarrassing than the performance. I seriously hope that the police are passing on photos after the damage done at the back of the stand to seats, and getting it passed on to the club. They tarnish the name of a lot of the other younger lads who want nothing to do with them. It's all very well saying "it's only the young ones who'll get an atmosphere going" but do you really want an atmosphere being songs about a Pars legend dying? The lads singing the songs probably weren't even born when McCathie was alive. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrpar said:

Can someone explain the point of Polworth to me.

An object to dribble round in training? Need him punted pronto. The rest of the team have some fight thank f**k. 

Edited by Chubbychops

Brilliant tonight, when you’re biggest complaint is not scoring more it’s certainly a good performance.

Rovers are done if that’s the standard they are playing too,  they have done well playing out from the back over the past few seasons but when you become as error prone as they were tonight it’s only going to cost you.

Edited by parsforlife

Aye fair play to the Pars, well worth the win. I don’t think they ever looked like carving us open from open play through their own build up but they were fantastic in terms of their organisation and pressing out of possession and created plenty opportunities from it and 2–0 was the least they deserved.

I would be very surprised if they don’t finish 8th ahead of Ayr, seem to have hit form at East End Park at the right time. In fairness to John Hughes, his home record with us was very good too, never lost a game (excluding penalty shootouts 😒).

We were dreadful, I posted before the game about how we changed style of play from Partick at home and seen improvement but we reverted back to everything bad about us this season tonight, a real tough watch. 

Edited by R.R.FC