Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

Heard the McGlynn interview, was definitely him polishing a turd. The whole post match Sportsound was a bit odd to be fair.  First half of the interview with Hughes was about Dunfermline in the Premiership. This is a team who are still 2 points adrift of safety with Kilmarnock to come next. Such a weird infatuation with Hughes.

On the game, Pars strolled that and easily deserved the win. No complaints. Ours was a horrible performance on every level, bar a 15 minute spell in the second half which came to nothing. Dario Zanatta honestly put in the worst performance I’ve seen in a Rovers shirt since Barrie Mackay up in Inverness. Pretty much a must win against Morton now. Who knows who’ll be in defence by then.  The fact that we have McKay where Berra should be absolutely kills us.

I thought he was poor an assist aside [emoji6]

My reaction was more to do with the fact that it’s an odd reaction to the derby win, where he set up a goal by winning the ball and playing in O’Hara, to come on here to moan about him never winning the ball/doing anything and not even mention the win/overall performance.

He wasn’t great tonight and hasn’t had any particularly good games for us. However, I thought he did more than Lawless tonight, but he was nowhere near one of our better players, I do agree. I expected more when he signed. It’s worth noting though that we’ve started scoring more goals since he came in to play in that number 10 role and him being there seems to create more space for O’Hara, Thomas and Lawless. He also helps drive the team forward and gives our striker some support - something a lot of people on here were moaning about nobody else doing before. He does the basics and that’s probably all that’s needed in that role at this level, when we have Thomas and Lawless out wide.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_post_Raith_Rovers&ID=13711
John McGlynn, take a bow son what a load of rubbish in 1:34.
"The surface being sticky" was a personal highlight considering the torrential rain that proceeded the match.

Just listened to that and was about to post the same. Bizarre comment.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Ps watching in albufeira, owner of the bar said is this an old game 😃

Uninteresting fact -  Dunfermlines twinned with Albuferia. f**k knows why though, feel free to go and piss in the Rua De Dunfermline after a few pints tonight it's pretty central I think.

Pars were well worth their win tonight, but with our record at rugby park we are still relying on other clubs to do us favours at the weekend. I'm also worried Queens might be down by the time they meet Ayr in the second last game

23 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Unfortunately it is a fairly safe fact that as much as anyone might want to deny it, you can't help if idiots and arse holes support your club, and really, it's actually quite likely. Whether that be the Pars or Raith, it's a safe bet that you will have dick heads. 

Seen on twitter about the Norrie songs, and I still reckon the above is true. You will have c***s in your support, all you can do is have the environment where they can't flourish, going by twitter it seems that those singing the song were shouted down by other Rovers fans, that's crucial, fair play to them. 

Pars were well worth their win.

That was fucking awful.  My fear was that Sunday would be trotted out as some kind of excuse or mitigation, and so it transpired.  You play to your strengths, and that isn't a system that depends on Dave Mackay being a ball playing centre half.  The tactics for the first hour were absolute fucking madness.

That interview on sportsound....Jesus.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

My reaction was more to do with the fact that it’s an odd reaction to the derby win, where he set up a goal by winning the ball and playing in O’Hara, to come on here to moan about him never winning the ball/doing anything and not even mention the win/overall performance.

He wasn’t great tonight and hasn’t had any particularly good games for us. However, I thought he did more than Lawless tonight, but he was nowhere near one of our better players, I do agree. I expected more when he signed. It’s worth noting though that we’ve started scoring more goals since he came in to play in that number 10 role and him being there seems to create more space for O’Hara, Thomas and Lawless. He also helps drive the team forward and gives our striker some support - something a lot of people on here were moaning about nobody else doing before. He does the basics and that’s probably all that’s needed in that role at this level, when we have Thomas and Lawless out wide.

My frustration isnt just tonight’s performance from Polworth ( and Lawless to some extent)  but both have been very poor for the last 4 plus games. They wouldnt figure in my starting 11.

My frustration isnt just tonight’s performance from Polworth ( and Lawless to some extent)  but both have been very poor for the last 4 plus games. They wouldnt figure in my starting 11.

Lawless is an important player in the system we’re trying to play just now. He’s creative, energetic and direct. Haven’t seen much/anything wrong with what he’s done in the last few weeks.

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

John McGimp really has lost it since coming out with his admiration of rapist footballers.

His goals over morals personality really has been his downfall. 

Thought it was funny him havering on about the tight squad when he spunked 2 players wages on a rapist who will never play for the team. If anyone is to blame for this situation that he's bemoaning, it is John McGlynn.