Yogi Bears Pars v Bully's 45-90 minute cameos (The proverbial relegation 6 pointer)

Quite looking forward to your full time meltdown if you lose, if this is what you're like at half time

Should be quite the show.

Quite happy now actually. Ayr are shite and couldn’t see us off, despite us being absolutely horrendous for 79 minutes.

Still a lot of work to finish 8th tbh. Think we may need to win both remaining games.

I would say so. Certainly makes sure of it but Ayr dropping points to Queens doesn’t look very likely when we play Partick.

Fantastic and crucial result. We were awful until we scored, but that doesn’t matter, when we get the result. Ayr’s implosion was pretty special, as were the scenes/atmosphere after the goals. McCann fought for everything and got the 2 assists. 2 other subs got the goals. Criticised Yogi for his (lack of) subs in the past - but he clearly got it right today and deserves the credit for that.

Really bold move going to a back 3, including Todd and Edwards at HT. Even bolder playing Pybus there later on. But we won and he has a bit of a dilemma next week. There’s 3 subs from today who’ll believe they’ve earned a start!

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Fantastic and crucial result. We were awful until we scored, but that doesn’t matter, when we get the result. Ayr’s implosion was pretty special, as were the scenes/atmosphere after the goals. McCann fought for everything and got the 2 assists. 2 other subs got the goals. Criticised Yogi for his (lack of) subs in the past - but he clearly got it right today and deserves the credit for that.

Really bold move going to a back 3, including Todd and Edwards at HT. Even bolder playing Pybus there later on. But we won and he has a bit of a dilemma next week. There’s 3 subs from today who’ll believe they’ve earned a start!

I'd drop Polworth and bring in Cole but keep the rest of the team, although on the shit pitch that Partick have down we might want to go two up and play long

I'd drop Polworth and bring in Cole but keep the rest of the team, although on the shit pitch that Partick have down we might want to go two up and play long

I think I’d play McCann ahead of O’Hara if we go one up. Largely due to the ‘quality’ of pitch - I don’t think a short passing game will work at all. Also think we were significantly better once he came on and caused their defence problems. Polworth should definitely be dropped though, he was terrible today. Whole midfield was poor and I don’t think any of them could complain about being dropped. That being said, Pybus is the one player there that I think has to start every week. His energy and attitude can’t be matched by anyone else we have.

By the way, I’d like to add that I was impressed with that Ayr support today. Fairly large travelling support and they made a lot of noise up until their team collapsed. Even when it went 1-1 they tried to get behind their team and make noise. Their fans deserve credit/praise for their show today.

Bullen's indecisiveness really cost us that today.  Only changes he made were for injuries and only change he considered after going behind was Baird, the real heads gone sub.  

That doesn't excuse Muirhead, there was an inevitability when we conceded that daft free kick but we could have got a draw with a change of shape when level. 

46 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

By the way, I’d like to add that I was impressed with that Ayr support today. Fairly large travelling support and they made a lot of noise up until their team collapsed. Even when it went 1-1 they tried to get behind their team and make noise. Their fans deserve credit/praise for their show today.

Yeh it was really good to have 2 noisy sets of fans in, and the home crowd north of 4000 is good. Hopefully the new folk that have come along will consider coming back next season

So naive in the second half imo. Game was there for the taking and we should have been able to see that out. Pars were dreadful until the last 15. 

Fucking stupid from Muirhead on the edge of the box. McAdams should have done far better with both I think. Had enough chances to win it in the first half alone.

Absolutely gutting. Don't see us coming back from that tbh. Can't say I'd be too confident in play offs either. Feels very like a  "Sliding doors moment", and not a good one. That's a real sickener, so maybe that's affecting how I'm feeling. Hope I am wrong.

Edited by AuAl

Missed the majority of the game. Had it on on the laptop in the background, so didn't see the performance and only saw clips. Saw the penalty and the equaliser. Watched from the equaliser and looked like we had a mental shape. The Ayr goalie absolutely flogged the winner. 

Was impressed how full sections of the Norrie looked. Seemed like a big Pars support and delighted they got to see a huge win.

8th place now, and it's (mostly) in our hands to finish there.