Dundee vs. St Johnstone - Post-split edition

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

McGhee arguable inherited a better squad from McPake than the absolute dross McCann left. Of course McIntyre simply replaced them with equally horrific dross.

Surely to f**k the law of averages dictates we should get a decent manager soon?

Shaun Maloney’s looking for a job.

A really poor half hour after which I thought we were comfortably better for most the game.

Dundee absolutely set up for us to start with just letting the centre halves have the ball and out battling in the midfield. How often did Hallberg and Crawford actually touch the ball in that first half?

Sang, although he had a moment near the end, made a difference having someone with both a bit a bit of composure and mobility. Let Rooney drive on from RCB too. Hallberg involved a lot more too but had a bit of an off day in the final third. Issue always in that area that we currently have to play either Crawford, MacPherson or Butterfield neither of whom are either good enough or responsible enough for where we are.

For all that, felt that all our good moments aside from the goal were still limited to something from nothing (Cifiti and Hendrys shots being the obvious example). Disappointed as others said that it felt we settled for a point the last 5-10 minutes.

We were far from great today, but I enjoyed the game. It had a good level of edge and excitement, as much through players’ nerves as good play.

Good to see a healthy crowd and the atmosphere was great.

Have to say this season has been tremendous from St Johnstone fans. Get stick in the past for numbers, but I don’t ever remember a support sticking behind their team as much when fighting relegation, particularly when expectations were so high going into it.  Take a bow every one of you.

A draw was probably a fair result, but a bit of a joke when you have 2 managers willimg to accept a draw that in reality suits neither team. Can almost see why Daviddon might have tdken a draw pre game, but when Saints equalised, there was only one team going to score again, yet we sat back. For Dundee to be so passive was surprising and frankly welcome for Saints.

Charlie Adam just embarrassing himself now. Was a very talented player I'm his day, but the game is beyond him now.

Time will tell if it was points dropped by Saints. St Mirren next week is huge.

For Dundee, play like the first 30 mins or so in the next 4 games and maybe a chance of gaining enough points to maybe ovoid the drop. Lose one more game and I'd start planning for next season in the championship with a new manager and a clearing of the deadwood.

2 poor teams, who if both end up relegated cannot complain. 

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

Anyone else think Booth was a liability today? Just didn’t look composed at all.

He always has been. 2-star player. I guess every squad needs some, and at least he isn't supposed to be our starter now. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

He always has been. 2-star player. I guess every squad needs some, and at least he isn't supposed to be our starter now. 

Disagree. He performed well with Wotherspoon to link up with on the wing. However without him it’s exposed a lot of his flaws. Whilst Gallacher wasn’t quite the finished article you could see how Booth didn’t make an instant return after injury.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

We were far from great today, but I enjoyed the game. It had a good level of edge and excitement, as much through players’ nerves as good play.

Good to see a healthy crowd and the atmosphere was great.

Have to say this season has been tremendous from St Johnstone fans. Get stick in the past for numbers, but I don’t ever remember a support sticking behind their team as much when fighting relegation, particularly when expectations were so high going into it.  Take a bow every one of you.

That's 100% down to the FCU.They have transformed our support into something to be proud of.Take a fucking bow! 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Shat that yesterday. 100% on the manager. His thumbs up to the fans as if to say "job done" at the end was not surprising. 

Agree. I was confused at the crowd seeming to leave yesterday in a fairly positive mood, coming back from a goal down masked another absolutely rotten performance, especially that first half. We set up to play for the draw with Cleary not even bothering to look for a pass up the park, even when Rooney was in absolutely acres of space. We didn't change that even after going the goal down, until half time. 

Moving Rooney inside and bringing on Sang was a good decision but it was back to plan A immediately after the equaliser. Callum's in the Courier today appearing to blame the players for that, interestingly. However it was Davidson that chose to bring on Stevie May instead of Middleton, when Dundee and subbed off half their defence and had zero pace on the park, or even Bair who would have a decent chance of winning something in the air. Once again, a cowardly substitution. 

We absolutely dropped 2 points yesterday with draw against a Dundee team built around an unfit egotist has-been that only seems interested in playing football as he gets to act the pantomime villain. A team with a manager that tells the press he's knocking his thermostat down as pre-game preparation. A team that's not won in 9 games. We should be hosting St Mirren next weekend feeling like we can steal 10th, but instead we have to win or we're confirmed as being in the playoff lottery at best. 

Also, enough with the hounding of Booth please. He's not a world-beater but he's one of the few that actually seem to care and I'd have him in the team ahead of more than half the players yesterday based on that alone.

26 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Also, enough with the hounding of Booth please. He's not a world-beater but he's one of the few that actually seem to care and I'd have him in the team ahead of more than half the players yesterday based on that alone.

Who is hounding Booth? He's a championship player at best who gets done for pace five times a game. We are basically a championship team so it makes sense our second choice is championship quality (first choice basically is too). Any better and they'd want to leave. 

My regret isn't that Booth is playing now with Gallagher out but that Devine wasn't give a fair chance to see him out the squad in the first half of the season, after galatasary. 

It doesn't change the fact Booth is a hardworking cart horse. As is Brown.