Dundee FC New Stadium Thread

10 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

The finance is definitely in place, ignore that after buying DFC it took them a decade to scrape together enough money to also buy back the Scott Fyffe Roundabout At Dens Park or whatever it's called this week.

:lol:

Oh my. 

45 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

The finance is definitely in place, ignore that after buying DFC it took them a decade to scrape together enough money to also buy back the Scott Fyffe Roundabout At Dens Park or whatever it's called this week.

Just keep enjoying the bucket and spade league sonny and worry about your own perilous financial state 😄😄😄

1 hour ago, Alan_G said:

Hiya @Mike2911 , hiya pal.

21 hours ago, Mike2911 said:

Never happening. Still wanting council to pay a large chunk of it, which given budget cuts is never gonna happen. 

It’s obviously a subject you feel very strongly about given you have taken the time to create an account just to post this. 

My thoughts on the matter?  It sounds like it would be best for the club for the new stadium to go ahead and for that reason I hope it does succeed.  If it doesn’t go ahead I’m more than happy attending Dens every second weekend.

Regardless, thank you for your interest in the affairs of Dundee FC.

• 1 month later...

Planning Permission in Principle application is currently being uploaded and will be officially submitted tomorrow. Bit later than 'after the holidays' but at least it's happening.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4886747/planning-permission-new-dundee-stadium-to-be-submitted/

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the utter nonsense that people get paid to write in these reports

The traffic one is beauty , problems listed such as people possibly turning the wrong way onto the Kingsway or continuing into the car park at 50 MPH 

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Some of the utter nonsense that people get paid to write in these reports

The traffic one is beauty , problems listed such as people possibly turning the wrong way onto the Kingsway or continuing into the car park at 50 MPH 

parkinggif.gif.07a3b892f940e3bc4f297e1f110f5ad3.gif

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

111 documents! It’s not straightforward!!

Some of them relating to air quality from the crematorium. 

Others on how it affects trees.

Idk GIF by Red Fang

49 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

It's not a real planning application unless there's an objection or two by local area dog walkers

As a local area dog walker, I have no objections to any of it. Neither does any other dog walker I asked*.

*Threatened.

Could no one be arsed doing a find/replace before submitting in the last 5 months - first document I opened says Dens is "Now also known as the Kilmac Stadium" And that it's capacity is "11,850.1"

Edited by Alan_G

3 hours ago, Alan_G said:

Could no one be arsed doing a find/replace before submitting in the last 5 months - first document I opened says Dens is "Now also known as the Kilmac Stadium" And that it's capacity is "11,850.1"

No.