Dundee FC New Stadium Thread

I hope everyone complaining that no progress was being made or thinking this isn’t serious can now at least recognise the amount of work that’s been done just to get this far.

• 3 weeks later...

Article in the Courier this morning written by Nelms.  Will probably be in trouble for posting it here but well known workarounds do work.

Makes a point of stressing that the debt involved won't sit with the club and that the "repayment" will be significantly cheaper than spending £700k a year to keep Dens going.

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

What does a taxi from the station to that site cost (For those of us that don't have jetpacks)

Now? About £10. Unknown how much it would cost with extra traffic etc. 

On 30/12/2023 at 13:44, Alan_G said:

The finance is definitely in place, ignore that after buying DFC it took them a decade to scrape together enough money to also buy back the Scott Fyffe Roundabout At Dens Park or whatever it's called this week.

It’s the Scott Fyffe circle actually 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

@Alan_G has become less bullish and more bullshit as this has gone on. 

It's been wonderful.

I think I maybe posted twice in this thread, hardly worth a call out. Will see when a spade hits the ground. Moneys still on "they'll sell Dens and the houses and do a runner". Useless council suggested the site so no point objecting to yet more stuff being built on Camperdown. See above though, debt not with Dundee so how many shell companies are involved in the shenanigans of maybe definitely building a stadium. Given you had to pay Strachan in penny shares instead of actual money it seems you don't have the £150m or whatever the figure is sitting at now.

One thing I have never seen adressed in any of this though is: if Dens can't be renovated cos the ancient stand is listed so can't be modified or knocked down etc, then the first part of the plan "sell Dens ground first for housing etc" has a wee snag in it no? Is the stand just gonna stay there rotting forever? (like Dens currently is)

14 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

One thing I have never seen adressed in any of this though is: if Dens can't be renovated cos the ancient stand is listed so can't be modified or knocked down etc, then the first part of the plan "sell Dens ground first for housing etc" has a wee snag in it no? Is the stand just gonna stay there rotting forever? (like Dens currently is)

Wooden stands are very susceptible to fire.

22 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

I think I maybe posted twice in this thread, hardly worth a call out. Will see when a spade hits the ground. Moneys still on "they'll sell Dens and the houses and do a runner". Useless council suggested the site so no point objecting to yet more stuff being built on Camperdown. See above though, debt not with Dundee so how many shell companies are involved in the shenanigans of maybe definitely building a stadium. Given you had to pay Strachan in penny shares instead of actual money it seems you don't have the £150m or whatever the figure is sitting at now.

It's a myth that it's a listed building.

Dens can't be renovated due to the ground it sits on, not because of the stand. It can be levelled and then built upon, much like St Saviours High school.

Only posting twice yet coming out with that bucket of spew as a post either means 1) I've picked a user at complete random and got a corker or 2) you have indeed regurgitated complete nonsense (and continue to do so).

I'd like to say it was 1, I'm heavily towards 2 though.

Tell ya what, even speaking as a non Dundee fan, I really hope this gets built for a couple of reasons. 1) new stadiums are cool. 2) I’ll never need to see someone comment on a courier article that thinks it’s getting built on the park ever again.

Edited by gingermunkie

11 hours ago, Alan_G said:

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's a myth that it's a listed building.

Whether it's a listed building or not is a moot point as it is possible to get planning permission to alter a listed building - there are just hoops to jump through.  

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Whether it's a listed building or not is a moot point as it is possible to get planning permission to alter a listed building - there are just hoops to jump through.  

We already have planning permission to demolish a listed building at the new site as well.

6 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

We already have planning permission to demolish a listed building at the new site as well.

Right.

I actually just took a shifty at the list of listed buildings in Dundee and there was no mention of the Dens Park stand.  The 'Clep Bar' was on it though! 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Right.

I actually just took a shifty at the list of listed buildings in Dundee and there was no mention of the Dens Park stand.  The 'Clep Bar' was on it though! 

Love it - listed buildings are often a bit weird.  My in-laws have a potting shed attached to the back if their house which is listed, but the house isn't!  Like someone decided that this great historical potting shed couldn't be lost, so they built an entire house attached to it.

Just now, stu2910 said:

Love it - listed buildings are often a bit weird.  My in-laws have a potting shed attached to the back if their house which is listed, but the house isn't!  Like someone decided that this great historical potting shed couldn't be lost, so they built an entire house attached to it.

There are a few strange ones on the list - take a look if you get the chance anytime.  It's from Wikipedia though, so I can't vouch for the accuracy! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_listed_buildings_in_Dundee/4

15 hours ago, Alan_G said:

I don’t think it is a listed structure.  Have you read something I haven’t about the stand?

Perhaps you are thinking of another one of Archibald Leitch’s creations?  Perhaps the red brick main stand at Ibrox which I believe has B list status.