Dundee FC New Stadium Thread

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If that gets built, I’m having a weekend in Dundee. Booking a hospitality ticket, get my photo taken at the mural of Albert Kidd fcuking over the Jambos, watch St Mirren put four past the Dees, and retire to the hospitality for a few celebratory beers before crashing out at the Malmaison.

Make this happen Dundee FC.

3 out of 4 wishes granted 

If this happens in the next 10 years I will donate £10 per calender year from now until the year it’s built to a charity of the Dundee fans choice.

So if it’s completed by 2030 I’ll donate £60 and so on.

I think my money will be safe.

33 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

If this happens in the next 10 years I will donate £10 per calender year from now until the year it’s built to a charity of the Dundee fans choice.

you must be confident it’ll be done sooner than anticipated with that measly offering. 

Whether it comes to fruition or not, got to love the negativity of Scottish football fans.

38 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Take your '60 quid' and put it where the sun don't shine.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not trying to be arse but know it'll sound that way, but are you not a bit sick of all the videos/images of the proposed stuff now?

Seems like you get something different every few months while it doesn't seem any closer.

I'm not a Dundee fan and doubt this will actually get built (and if it does it'll look more like St Mirren Park than this video), but doesn't this video look pretty much the same as the last renders that were released last year or whenever? I remember the cranked stand, the screens in the corner etc from that set.

Just now, Dosser1886 said:

Harsh, but you know I'm right.

I think there'll always be a degree of dubiety but they've been working on this for 11 years. They've been clear from the moment they came in this would be their end goal. We're a pessimistic nation and as a Dundee fan, with the clown shoes we've had running us over the years, we're probably more dubious than most.

Will it get made? Maybe. Will it be more like a shitehole like St Mirren's rather than the stunning concepts we're being provided if it does even get made? Quite possibly.

But we've got the most stability from any owners we've had in my lifetime with a 11 year of security now behind them, and if it doesn't end up happening, it certainly won't be through lack of trying.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think there'll always be a degree of dubiety but they've been working on this for 11 years. They've been clear from the moment they came in this would be their end goal. We're a pessimistic nation and as a Dundee fan, with the clown shoes we've had running us over the years, we're probably more dubious than most.

Will it get made? Maybe. Will it be more like a shitehole like St Mirren's rather than the stunning concepts we're being provided if it does even get made? Quite possibly.

But we've got the most stability from any owners we've had in my lifetime with a 11 year of security now behind them, and if it doesn't end up happening, it certainly won't be through lack of trying.

Mate, I genuinely really hope it happens and look forward to seeing it.

But forgive me for having my doubts.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A shitehole that Brann and Valur were quite happy to play European fitba’ in. Ah, smell that? European fitba. I love the smell of European fitba’ in the morning. Smells like victory*

*Over Valur anyway. 😎

Just now, pozbaird said:

A shitehole that Brann and Valur were quite happy to play European fitba’ in. Ah, smell that? European fitba. I love the smell of European fitba’ in the morning. Smells like victory*

*Over Valur anyway. 😎

He is correct though, what St Mirren have ended up with is the worst nightmare of any set of football fans when it comes to a redevelopment or moving of their home football stadium.

Don't get me wrong Firpark could do with a knock down and start again but would rather have what we have rather than what you have ended up with.

7 minutes ago, Dosser1886 said:

He is correct though, what St Mirren have ended up with is the worst nightmare of any set of football fans when it comes to a redevelopment or moving of their home football stadium.

Don't get me wrong Firpark could do with a knock down and start again but would rather have what we have rather than what you have ended up with.

Context… there simply must be context when discussing our new stadium. Without going into a long post on another club’s thread - we were in debt. Love Street was increasingly decrepit and a money pit to keep maintained. The Tesco deal wiped out our debt and built the stadium. Tesco wanted a ‘Falkirk’ style one big single stand type thing. Our Chairman fought for a four sided design. Is it Scotland’s answer to Tottenham’s gaff? Nope. It’s four boxes round a pitch… but about 15 years in, we’re in a good place as a club.

You won’t find one St Mirren fan who claims it is anything other than four boxes, but they’re our four boxes. 😁

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

Context… there simply must be context when discussing our new stadium. Without going into a long post on another club’s thread - we were in debt. Love Street was increasingly decreipt and a money pit to keep maintained. The Tesco deal wiped out our debt and built the stadium. Tesco wanted a ‘Falkirk’ style one big single stand type thing. Our Chairman fought for a four sided design. Is it Scotland’s answer to Tottenham’s gaff? Nope. It’s four boxes round a pitch… but about 15 years in, we’re in a good place as a club.

You won’t find one St Mirren fan who claims it is anything other than four boxes, but they’re our four boxes. 😁

In much the same way as I love Dens but appreciate it's a crumbling mess, I totally get the need for St Mirren to have moved from Love Street.

But your new stadium and the surrounding area, particularly the creepy b*****d dead scheme beside the stadium, absolutely dishonours what was one of the best away days. The steepness alone at Love Street made for a brilliant atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

In much the same way as I love Dens but appreciate it's a crumbling mess, I totally get the need for St Mirren to have moved from Love Street.

But your new stadium and the surrounding area, particularly the creepy b*****d dead scheme beside the stadium, absolutely dishonours what was one of the best away days. The steepness alone at Love Street made for a brilliant atmosphere.

The houses behind the West Stand are currently being demolished. Feck’ knows what, if anything, will be built there. I agree that our new place isn’t in a brilliant location served by bars and whatever. I agree Love Street had the history and a certain character. Away fans had the best stand too - the big Caledonia Road stand. However, at the Valur game, the atmosphere in our wee dinkydome was amazing. It’s fine for us, just wish we had the dosh to fill in the corners.