Darvel FC Thread

Blazers getting touchy on here.

2 seasons down at the pyramid play offs

One failed slightly embarrassing (we're off to Spain on a jolly) attempt v Tranent.

One unlicensed club that may or may not get a licence once Perry Mason figures who actually owns the pitch the team plays on. 

Oh well

Now on to season 3, hopefully get a winner that (a) has a licence and (b) really wants to go up 

Hopefully we get the first set of league games out the way this year without 9 clubs playing silly games and getting 3 points deducted.

Still, Cumbernauld in June is nice for a cup final. Luckily they built that retail park next door.

All that and i never said a word about playing musical instruments in Ayrshire.

5 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

One failed slightly embarrassing (we're off to Spain on a jolly) attempt v Tranent.

One unlicensed club that may or may not get a licence once Perry Mason figures who actually owns the pitch the team plays on. 

Oh well

Now on to season 3, hopefully get a winner that (a) has a licence and (b) really wants to go up 

Hopefully we get the first set of league games out the way this year without 9 clubs playing silly games and getting 3 points deducted.

Still, Cumbernauld in June is nice for a cup final. Luckily they built that retail park next door.

Give it a break you halfwit. 

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

Remind me.

There's nobody on this forum that thinks you don't know what the question is. You just don't have an answer.

Cue a couple of weeks delay and then you'll trot out the same line yet again, then avoid the issue when challenged.

Again. Again. Again etc etc.

10 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Oh well

Let's be brutally honest and nobody of note in the Wosfl Prem will say this publicly but nobody bar Darvel who are in a false position a plaything for someone and a club with delusions of grander somewhat in Clydebank really truly want to go up .

Beith don't want to go up they are happy winning the league and going nowhere and the nice convenient issue with ground is ideal for them. 

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

There's nobody on this forum that thinks you don't know what the question is. You just don't have an answer.

Cue a couple of weeks delay and then you'll trot out the same line yet again, then avoid the issue when challenged.

Again. Again. Again etc etc.

When are the fixtures getting released Glensmad?

1 hour ago, Pollok mad said:

By the sounds of their statement everyone involved was willing to give up ownership of the ground to the club, it was just a strange legal situation of the trust with nobody left alive in it that left them in a situation where they had to jump through some bureaucratic hoops before they could get ownership to build the floodlights.

Yip, hence my comment about KLTR. The Crown can claim ownerless land and property, but they can transfer it to another body. A few hoops to jump through, but hopefully Beith and North Ayrshire Council are on to it.

7 minutes ago, OmegaSpeedyPro said:

Let's be brutally honest and nobody of note in the Wosfl Prem will say this publicly but nobody bar Darvel who are in a false position a plaything for someone and a club with delusions of grander somewhat in Clydebank really truly want to go up .

Beith don't want to go up they are happy winning the league and going nowhere and the nice convenient issue with ground is ideal for them. 

As close to the old Juniors as it's possible to get.

With the added bonus of the Big Scottish for some.

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:

No discussion on fixtures at the AGM last week ?

Yes, but no firm date was given. I believe it is in the Constitution that it will be as soon as possible after 1st July, depending on the fixture issues by other organisations (due to ground share issues) I think.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Yes, but no firm date was given. I believe it is in the Constitution that it will be as soon as possible after 1st July, depending on the fixture issues by other organisations (due to ground share issues) I think.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, OmegaSpeedyPro said:

Delusions of grandeur AND a crackin strip Stella 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2023 at 15:43, trialist said:

Defo a big change of faces at darvel with 10 out and 8 in so far. Mcshane staying is huge, no confirmation on whether syme, meggat, Robertson, caldwell, reilly,  Ferguson, Moore and glasgow are still at club? 

Ferguson confirmed as having signed a new deal and was pictured alongside glasgow, Moore, syme and reilly in preseason training.  Anyone know if meggat, Robertson and caldwell still at club?