Darvel FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It must be an absolute nightmare when all your “aMbItiOn” dries up.

The 2 ambitions Mr gall had was get in the Lowland League and failed and get to the 4th round of the Scottish Cup every year and failed he thought beating Aberdeen his team and club was bees knees so he deserves and the club deserves everything that comes to them unfortunately u can't spend money u don't have its simple and well done to all the clubs and players who got the money they were throwing around even though they know it shouldn't have happened 

See to summarise this John gall has done a great job as far as the park gos , dressing rooms , infrastructure of the club , it’s no the best in the wosfl but it’s a million times better than what it was , he also has won the league and a never to be forgotten night against Aberdeen which will never be equalled in history of the Scottish cup probably , but it will have cost him an absolute fortune with not a hope of getting a penny back and when that gos wrong 7 months later I’m sure we have every right to ask questions about who made the decisions at the club , I’ve slated the 20k spent on Jordan Moore but it’s no his fault we paid that for him , I feel sorry for Tony mcinally as I’m sure this wasn’t the gig he signed up for and if the plan is for the under 20s to step up to the plate which it might be it might not be then we are in a whole lot of trouble , there are some no bad players in that team  but not one of them Close to being good enough for the top level of wosfl , if that doesn’t please some people so be it but that’s just my opinion , never be in any doubt that myself and the boys who left want a successful darvel but it needs to be done in a financially achievable way and that clearly has not been the case here 

31 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

See to summarise this John gall has done a great job as far as the park gos , dressing rooms , infrastructure of the club , it’s no the best in the wosfl but it’s a million times better than what it was , he also has won the league and a never to be forgotten night against Aberdeen which will never be equalled in history of the Scottish cup probably , but it will have cost him an absolute fortune with not a hope of getting a penny back and when that gos wrong 7 months later I’m sure we have every right to ask questions about who made the decisions at the club , I’ve slated the 20k spent on Jordan Moore but it’s no his fault we paid that for him , I feel sorry for Tony mcinally as I’m sure this wasn’t the gig he signed up for and if the plan is for the under 20s to step up to the plate which it might be it might not be then we are in a whole lot of trouble , there are some no bad players in that team  but not one of them Close to being good enough for the top level of wosfl , if that doesn’t please some people so be it but that’s just my opinion , never be in any doubt that myself and the boys who left want a successful darvel but it needs to be done in a financially achievable way and that clearly has not been the case here 

Financial sustainability is a bit of a myth in the  pyramid, due to the fact that, with a few exceptions, clubs do not have the money coming through the gate which is commensurate with the wages being paid. Clubs and players need a huge reality check, the level of money being paid to players is ridiculous, and it has to be said, it was Darvel who were at the forefront of that. 

Feel sorry for long term Darvel supporters and previous Committee members. Must have thought there was going to be steady investment and progression but sadly that wasn't the case. 

The statement makes sorry reading and i think you'll find the majority of their players will now be sold or player swapped to other WOSFL teams. I am hoping that for their sake they can offload the more expensive assets (in terms of wages) and bring in a player from the buying club that's on less money.

However sad this is, we've seen it all before over the years - Maryhill, Benburb, Johnstone Burgh, Kilwinning, Medda,

Now Darvel looking to cut costs and no doubt in the future Burgh (again) and Gartcairn - big money man or men come in splash the cash, in most cases care little for building a sponsorship profile or in building facilites, get bored and leave and thus the club and their fans watch it all crumble. 

The wages and transfer fees getting paid at teams like Darvel, Gartcairn and Burgh are simply eye melting and it's having a bad innfluence and affect on our level of football. As Pyramid Watcher said above the money coming through the gate from these clubs and in sponsorship can't keep pace with the playing budgets.

When you are paying guys like McShane more than just about every League 1 player then it's going to end in tear eventually. 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Dressing rooms infrastructure of the club no the best in wosfl you said on here your son in law said the dressing rooms were as good as Wembleys if not better you spout some rubbish then forget you’ve said it oh dear.

5 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

How can no other team beat a Aberdeen u played them when they were their lowest if ur honest if u forgot talbot nearly beat Hearts only for a offside decision that wasn't we have beat a high flying Ayr utd and oh we beat Hamilton who were in the Premier league just a few months before any team can beat anyone oh and our club have won more than Darvel will ever win and that's without spending stupid money and we have 1 of the best stadiums and how did we do it easy respect ur fans respect ur club and respect the players but overall respect everyone 

7 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

How can no other team beat a Aberdeen u played them when they were their lowest if ur honest if u forgot talbot nearly beat Hearts only for a offside decision that wasn't we have beat a high flying Ayr utd and oh we beat Hamilton who were in the Premier league just a few months before any team can beat anyone oh and our club have won more than Darvel will ever win and that's without spending stupid money and we have 1 of the best stadiums and how did we do it easy respect ur fans respect ur club and respect the players but overall respect everyone 

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,…….

2 hours ago, glenmuir said:

Dressing rooms infrastructure of the club no the best in wosfl you said on here your son in law said the dressing rooms were as good as Wembleys if not better you spout some rubbish then forget you’ve said it oh dear.

Should it not be read as "dressing rooms and general infrastructure" as opposed to just the dressing rooms?

Possible to have brilliant dressing rooms but other areas not to be up to the same standard. 

9 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Talbot have played Hearts 3 times and never scored a goal. So don’t think you were a chopped off goal away from winning. As much as have very little time for Darvel, credit where credit is due and they beat a Tier one side and the first WoS side to do so. 
It could be repeated again, but I wouldn’t want to put money on that being the case.

As for their current state of affairs, if they are having to bring U20 players through that will suit their manager, he said in his interview on you tube at time of appointment he has a history of bringing through players. I mean at Pollok he brought through a young Robbie Winters and Bryan Young to name a couple…

6 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

How did Gall get involved at Darvel in the first place? Did he approach the club or did they approach him?

His son played for them and he got involved from there. I surmise he would have been approached or at least encouraged to get on the committee.Funny though others were asked and didn't get involved fully till the pieman was fully  in. Then there was a stampede of people volunteering there services. Think a few were happy for the pieman to be the sugar daddy and for them to spend his cash with no questions asked. Spat the dummy when he decided he was the boss and he would decide. The keys were offered to others but they declined. Not enough cash apparently. He got carried away with the publicity,a charismatic manager and an over ambitious committee. He's now seeing a bigger picture and realises that Darvel can't sustain a semi pro team paying way above the odds nor can most of the teams in the league. He's probably encouraged a few others to overspend and rely on someone pumping money in. 

4 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Talbot have played Hearts 3 times and never scored a goal. So don’t think you were a chopped off goal away from winning. As much as have very little time for Darvel, credit where credit is due and they beat a Tier one side and the first WoS side to do so. 
It could be repeated again, but I wouldn’t want to put money on that being the case.

As for their current state of affairs, if they are having to bring U20 players through that will suit their manager, he said in his interview on you tube at time of appointment he has a history of bringing through players. I mean at Pollok he brought through a young Robbie Winters and Bryan Young to name a couple…

2012 we got beat by hearts due to a suspect offside flag at hearts who says we could not have beat them if that was allowed yes its all ifs and buts but I still reckon we could have and has for beating  a spfl side we beat a team that came down 

Edited by allyg1977

8 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

2012 we got beat by hearts due to a suspect offside flag at hearts who says we could not have beat them if that was allowed yes its all ifs and buts but I still reckon we could have and has for beating  a spfl side we beat a team that came down 

So you nearly got a draw….

Edited by superpollok

1 hour ago, Bheaten Castard said:

His son played for them and he got involved from there. I surmise he would have been approached or at least encouraged to get on the committee.Funny though others were asked and didn't get involved fully till the pieman was fully  in. Then there was a stampede of people volunteering their services. Think a few were happy for the pieman to be the sugar daddy and for them to spend his cash with no questions asked. Spat the dummy when he decided he was the boss and he would decide. The keys were offered to others but they declined. Not enough cash apparently. He got carried away with the publicity,a charismatic manager and an over ambitious committee. He's now seeing a bigger picture and realises that Darvel can't sustain a semi pro team paying way above the odds nor can most of the teams in the league. He's probably encouraged a few others to overspend and rely on someone pumping money in. 

Hit the nail on the head!!!!! Very accurate post. 

11 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Next time you see me say hello and we can have a blether about all things Darvel, if you can tell me there’s a plan in place and the club are in good hands well so be it.

Of course there is a plan in place. But why does anyone have to share it with you, You walked away from the club as you’ve stated. And I’ll pass on having a blether with you, due to the fact I cannot stand you. Thanks and goodbye.