Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

There's a lot of games to go and virtually all teams will take points off others. It's much more open league than for last couple of years.  Darvel as you say have some pretty decent players still, Pollok will be there or thereabouts, Beith are going through a wee bad spell but still are top of league by winning games in hand, Benburb can beat anyone on the day, St Cadocs have a strong squad, Gartcairn are spending gawd knows whose money like water, Talbot seem to have found their mojo again, Hurlford and Largs are picking up results, Cumnock too ... Bankies will need to keep turning up with their game head on or we'll get drawn back into the fight. Will be a tight league I think

Great post that.

Almost no dead wood in that league going by results. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

There's a lot of games to go and virtually all teams will take points off others. It's much more open league than for last couple of years.  Darvel as you say have some pretty decent players still, Pollok will be there or thereabouts, Beith are going through a wee bad spell but still are top of league by winning games in hand, Benburb can beat anyone on the day, St Cadocs have a strong squad, Gartcairn are spending gawd knows whose money like water, Talbot seem to have found their mojo again, Hurlford and Largs are picking up results, Cumnock too ... Bankies will need to keep turning up with their game head on or we'll get drawn back into the fight. Will be a tight league I think

Lowland League is better though ……

18 minutes ago, southerner said:

Lowland League is better though ……

I don't think LL is better from a competitive perspective and I think there are worse teams than in West Prem ( plus some that are likely to be pretty decent ) - however it's where you need to go to get back into National Leagues which is our ambition - unfinished business. West Premier is a superb league. 

5 hours ago, fb4 said:

Any truth tha darvel owe bonnyton a substantial sum of money that could effect there survival. 

Heard things not good and hence players sold or released. Hate to see any club like that. 

Sorry I've misread that. I'm hearing Bonnyton are in trouble and thats what I'm referring to. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

18 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Heard things not good and hence players sold or released. Hate to see any club like that. 

Sorry I've misread that. I'm hearing Bonnyton are in trouble and thats what I'm referring to. 

Thats what I was alluding to due to darvel not paying there bill.

4 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Brilliant stuff as ever on here financial experts everywhere 

I believe as of last night there is an outstanding bill still to be paid to Bonnyton, it is still within the agreed timescale of payment though, it was mentioned at the Bonnyton Agm last night.

On 16/11/2023 at 21:32, holmparkheroes said:

Almost JB, apart from Gartcairn as Ian McShane is synonymous with Deadwood.

Gartcairn are the best form team in the league. 
Will take a good team to beat them bankies huffed & puffed prior to getting an albeit lucky goal ( big deflection  and a foul on the lead upto it ) to get back into it at 2-1 then a very soft penalty! I suppose when the fans shout for penalties and fouls every second the refs will give into them! 

gartcairn have not lost a game Mcshane has played in that’s how much deadwood he is !

1 hour ago, Ih8rangers said:

Will take a good team to beat them bankies huffed & puffed prior to getting an albeit lucky goal ( big deflection  and a foul on the lead upto it ) to get back into it at 2-1 then a very soft penalty! I suppose when the fans shout for penalties and fouls every second the refs will give into them! 

gartcairn have not lost a game Mcshane has played in that’s how much deadwood he is !

I’m not sure if you know that Ian McShane the actor starred  in a tv show called Deadwood. Ian McShane the football player was the star of the show today. Referees usually go against big shouts, they don’t like to be bullied . Soft penalty, definitely a free kick but happened outside the box 😀 After 20 minutes I was prepared for defeat, after 90 I was disappointed Clydebank didn’t go home with 3 points.

Good 3 points yesterday at a tricky venue and got the job done early With 2 goals from Jordan Moore and he was probably denied his hat trick by an offside flag just after his second goal , arthurlie middle Of defence just can’t run and they played with no depth which was strange with pace Moore has , arthurlie we’re better second half and looked like a stonewall penalty to me but nae var so we will never know and then we killed the game with a fluke , 7 points in a week I wouldn’t have predicted but job well done , on a side note I see Blair mcnallys video from beith game Wednesday night and gall saying he told mcinally to win the junior cup this year  , 3 year ago when he got licensed he didn’t want to play in it 🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

11 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

What’s good about that is that you aren’t upset though. 
It’s good for us to get points against teams paying the sort of crazy money that Darvel and Gartcairn are paying players, in the absence of financial fair play we can only do what we can. 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Good 3 points yesterday at a tricky venue and got the job done early With 2 goals from Jordan Moore and he was probably denied his hat trick by an offside flag just after his second goal , arthurlie middle Of defence just can’t run and they played with no depth which was strange with pace Moore has , arthurlie we’re better second half and looked like a stonewall penalty to me but nae var so we will never know and then we killed the game with a fluke , 7 points in a week I wouldn’t have predicted but job well done , on a side note I see Blair mcnallys video from beith game Wednesday night and gall saying he told mcinally to win the junior cup this year  , 3 year ago when he got licensed he didn’t want to play in it 🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Hopefully the Arthurlie manager sees this post mate.  Tactically very poor. We are struggling with injuries but there are no excuses for going out and playing the way we do , game after game we give away goals a schoolboy team would be ashamed of.   I didn't see too much between the teams yesterday but unfortunately when you are inept in front of goal and defensively, there is usually only one outcome.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        We need a miracle to stay in the premier division.  We have some very good young players , all we need now is someone who can set them up to look like a football team.