Darvel FC Thread

4 hours ago, AM-1 said:

How is Hutton getting on since his move from Pollok? Anytime I watched him there he looked to struggle with the frantic pace.

He was decent though not outstanding against Bankies in what was a high paced end to end game. Certainly didn’t look out of place or struggling.

10 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Much chance of game being on.  Been up north most of week so not been near park.  
Not sure to what extent the frost covers help etc…

id imagine another weekend with postponements all over the place.  

It's been sub zero for a few days and it was especially cold last night. Won't be much on at all I would think. 

44 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Any word yet if the league are taking our request to move the talbot game to the Friday so we can watch old firm on the Saturday? 

You need to decide who you support! Imagine asking for a fixture to be changed to watched that pair.

If it's allowed to happen it will not be a good look for the WoSFL.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Any word yet if the league are taking our request to move the talbot game to the Friday so we can watch old firm on the Saturday? 

Don’t think the talbot will agree to anything gall wants but we have floodlights could it no just be a 3 pm Kick off on the Saturday and u have the choice of watching the rangers and darvel winning 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

I totally get that talbot wouldn’t be willing to help accommodate us due to some of John’s comments in particular when we won the league.  

I still think financially it makes sense to move it.  We would have a diminished crowd due to the old firm being on. 

Doesn't matter who you lot play your home and away crowd is crap.

21 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

I hate to agree but I can’t deny that.  

We have one of the lowest attendances in league in terms of home support, our away support is almost none existent sadly.  I am not blinkered like other about the level can go to, as a club that has very little silverware or have even been viewed as a “big junior team” that makes it very difficult to progress in a sustainable manner through the pyramid scheme.   

unless we have a guarantee for decades to come of someone issuing blank cheques then I think we need to get real.  Bring youth through, use the local boys. Scrap these stupid signings and big wages, that is not what this level is about.    

I think better links to the boys club and getting all the younger boys along to the game.  I personally think they should be set up as Darvel youth not Galston as I don’t see merit in it being attached to Galston any longer.  

It could be asked what’s in it for Galston boys club who train and nurture these boys from 5 years old just for them to become Darvel at 16 or whatever it is ? If it wasn’t for Galston there would be no Darvel boys teams . 

9 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Don’t think the talbot will agree to anything gall wants but we have floodlights could it no just be a 3 pm Kick off on the Saturday and u have the choice of watching the rangers and darvel winning 🤷‍♂️

Would Gall wan't a Friday kick off if it was Talbot's home game:

19 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If both clubs are in agreement and both clubs request the change, and that change doesn't impact on the integrity of the competition, then generally that change is accepted by the league.

The decision to make such a concession would impact on the integrity of the league IMO.

1 minute ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

We’ve got a new sponsor in QTS so secure for now. I believe the reported debt to Bonnyton is in process of being sorted too. 

I still think we are trying to offload players in particular Wilson and Leishman due to their wages/age.  Never understood at the time signing them on 2 year deals at the age they are at especially when Wilson was rumoured to have been about to retire.  

I think loan move of Hutton was an attempt to appease certain elements of support and say we can still get names. Hopefully successful however we wait and see.  

Better long term vision needed and as I’ve said before more young boys to come through would be good.  I don’t care if it’s a couple of years of pain imo that’s the way forward.  

I still think an EGM is needed.  

Tony Mac had a thing about past their best Talbot players when he was at Pollok as well. 

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The decision to make such a concession would impact on the integrity of the league IMO.

Tbf if its a change of ko time to ensure your gate is not impacted by another game then as long as both clubs are OK with it then I dont see the harm. I can't see us requesting for a domestic game- but we've requested early kos up against a Scotland game for example. It just stands to reason

40 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Tbf if its a change of ko time to ensure your gate is not impacted by another game then as long as both clubs are OK with it then I dont see the harm. I can't see us requesting for a domestic game- but we've requested early kos up against a Scotland game for example. It just stands to reason

Kick off set by league as 1:30 I don't see any valid reason to move any kick off to suits a game out of our league.