Darvel FC Thread

1 minute ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Must be better informed or just happen to know the rules and not just try and dictate how things are to run.  

We have been embarrassed here.  You’ll not see it that way. Blinkers on as usual.  

No blinkers here mate. Just surprised that someone told me tickets had to be issued but then Sjfa clearly say they didn’t say that so hard to argue.

2 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Must be better informed or just happen to know the rules and not just try and dictate how things are to run.  

We have been embarrassed here.  You’ll not see it that way. Blinkers on as usual.  

Keep forgetting you know the rules better than anyone else but i should have known better. So you disagree with ticketing for planning, cash handling, stewarding, catering, just as well you weren’t in charge for the Aberdeen game (🤫🤫), no toilets, no catering, fingers crossed the committee can deal with segregation, and no tickets. What a joke that would have been. THAT would have been unprofessional. Tickets allow defined numbers for better planning. If no tickets at all being issued by your friends over there then yes they may be better prepared for bigger crowds but why wouldn’t you want tickets and only ask for cash???? 🤔

18 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Keep forgetting you know the rules better than anyone else but i should have known better. So you disagree with ticketing for planning, cash handling, stewarding, catering, just as well you weren’t in charge for the Aberdeen game (🤫🤫), no toilets, no catering, fingers crossed the committee can deal with segregation, and no tickets. What a joke that would have been. THAT would have been unprofessional. Tickets allow defined numbers for better planning. If no tickets at all being issued by your friends over there then yes they may be better prepared for bigger crowds but why wouldn’t you want tickets and only ask for cash???? 🤔

Maybe because theres no need for tickets in a ground that has a capacity of circa 3500? 🤔

7 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Our inexperience in procedures is very apparent when you look at the ticket carry on, we started selling tickets for a game at Beechwood 

Hi Rhuby, I was disappointed, obviously, with the result on Saturday but the Darvel people were brand new. Certainly no animosity, even the mini-ultras had a laugh with our supporters. Don’t know why you hate us.

Also , I may have misread things, I’m a bit lost I must admit by the fact that Darvel were selling tickets for Beechwood when it’s not a ticketed match. Normally the home team provides the tickets.

Edited by holmparkheroes

Total shambles and disregard towards the SJFA by battering on and making up their own rules as they go. Since Pieheed landed down the brae the club has bumbled from disaster to disaster. Even if the game at the mud hole had been all ticket surely the Darvel incompetent committee would have had the brains to pass on Talbot's quota to Talbot and they could have been able to pass the tickets around their members who turn up every week. I heard they even tried to sell tickets for Beechwood, what a bunch of fecking clowns.  

Really not got the patience to read through all this stuff however the general consensus seems to be that Talbot as usual are doing things correct whilst darvel continue to irritate and cause a stir in doing so .

It's what the pie man seems to do and very well while the pinnacle in Talbot and overwhelming league title favourites do things very well.........

Heard there was a meeting at Beechwood on Sunday  with the SJFA.

Darvel didn't even appear.

Darvel are now selling tickets for the away end in the 2nd leg without any contact with the SJFA or Talbot.

Why were Talbot not informed of their allocation and given control over who gets them. These tickets can be bought online, meaning anyone can get them.

That can't be right.

7 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

Darvel are now selling tickets for the away end in the 2nd leg without any contact with the SJFA or Talbot.

Why were Talbot not informed of their allocation and given control over who gets them. These tickets can be bought online, meaning anyone can get them.

That can't be right.

Rhubarb says Darvels meeting with Sjfa is on wed not sun. Take from that what you will but maybe that’s what was arranged and they were never meant to go on the sun.
You do know that online payments usually have the buyers addresses don’t you? It’s a security thing. 

9 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

That can't be right.

Unsure about Sunday, I believe Darvel are meeting on Wednesday with SJFA. Nothing should have been announced by the club until they had met and agreed with the SJFA, give them their place. The committee need to stop creating issues that don't need to be there. 

2 hours ago, GIRUU said:

Rhubarb says Darvels meeting with Sjfa is on wed not sun. Take from that what you will but maybe that’s what was arranged and they were never meant to go on the sun.
You do know that online payments usually have the buyers addresses don’t you? It’s a security thing. 

I don't think they were meeting on Sunday, I was told last week the meeting was this Wednesday. 

They definitely missed the SJFA AGM however I don't think they had a meeting with SJFA scheduled for Sunday, I have had been told it was Wednesday and still taking place on Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, GIRUU said:

Seems strange that you wouldn't put both Semi finalists together, but I guess there's a reason why it didn't happen that way.

Buyers address? How will that help? 

Will you only get a ticket if you've got an Auchinleck postcode? Does every Talbot fan stay in Auchinleck?

Told this morning the reason we wanted all ticket and to sell tickets for Beechwood as well was to bridge the gap in cash flow.  That seems highly likely and the reason they have been trying to sell tickets. Retain all the ticket money for 6 weeks before giving the SJFA their cut. Don't give Talbot their money for the Darvel support at Beechwood until the day of the game. 

@GIRUU as the defender of the committee, is there any truth in this? 

It can't be to do with planning, Darvel have said they expect a sell out, so surely they plan for the sell out number? So let's say they have a capacity of 1200 or whatever it is, then they are bringing in food supplies for that number, security for that number of supporters etc...They have said they are expecting a sell out so tickets or no tickets they know the number of fans expected. I don't buy it has anything to do with planning. This is a smoke screen. They already know the numbers. 

12 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

Hi Rhuby, I was disappointed, obviously, with the result on Saturday but the Darvel people were brand new. Certainly no animosity, even the mini-ultras had a laugh with our supporters. Don’t know why you hate us.

Also , I may have misread things, I’m a bit lost I must admit by the fact that Darvel were selling tickets for Beechwood when it’s not a ticketed match. Normally the home team provides the tickets.

Standard procedures at any ticketed match is that the away team get allocated tickets and the home team pass these to away team, they then sell them on behalf of the home team and determine the priority amongst their own fans. Darvel never sold tickets directly to the Aberdeen fans, Aberdeen fans had to apply to Aberdeen for tickets. 

So for talking sakes is Darvel decide to keep their leg all ticketed which I do not see the need in, they will then need to agree a quota of tickets for Talbot. These tickets should then be passed across to Talbot and it should be them that manages who gets first chance of tickets whether that be season ticket holders, lottery members or x amount reserved for each of the supporters clubs they have. 

I think as a club the best thing to do is to put a stop to selling away tickets at the very least until there is further discussions on Wednesday with the SJFA. The post they put out yesterday was very poor and seemed to be blaming Talbot for our own failings. Starting the statement "Because Auchinleck...." instead of putting our hands up and saying we apologies for the misunderstanding, the match at Beechwood is not a ticketed match inline with SJFA standard procedures etc...all money shall be refunded and tickets shall be null and void. A statement to that effect would have been more professional and not trying to blame Talbot or accuse them of being awkward etc...we shouldn't be dictating to SJFA or Talbot how to run things, we've never won the cup, Talbot have 14 times that shows the gulf in experience between the clubs. Why we never had discussions before starting to sell tickets with either the SJFA or Talbot is beyond me. 

I am glad you enjoyed your day, my dislike for Clydebank is down to the conduct of the "board of directors" more than the fans. To keep balance I also spoke out about our committees conduct at times whether that be the clicker carry on or the "unlucky Talbot" comment from JG.  I am more for football on the park, committee etc...in the background working away and not making things about them. 

I agree the "mini-ultras" are a good bunch of boys, certainly not a hooligan organisation the label "ultra" normally implies they are a bunch of boys I would say late primary school age that enjoy coming to the games and I am sure the majority of supporters will be very welcoming of the next generation of fans coming through, there may be one or two of the older ones moan about the drum etc...however I would say they have overwhelming support from the fans and club and certainly from what I see are encouraged by the club to come along. 

14 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Standard procedures at any ticketed match is that the away team get allocated tickets and the home team pass these to away team, they then sell them on behalf of the home team and determine the priority amongst their own fans.

Darvel should have known this was standard procedure and waited for the tickets from Auchinleck. But Auchinleck are not wanting the game to be all ticket - so all those tickets sold by Darvel will need refunded as they will be worthless on the day of the match.

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

@GIRUU as the defender of the committee, is there any truth in this? 

Couldn’t tell you? 

But what if it wasn’t a sell out? That’s where the planning comes in. Every body is expecting it including me but maybe it won’t be?

ps I’m a defender of the club not any committee. I would rather just get the facts before spouting 💩 and conspiracy nonsense. But I totally agree on the away ticket issue but it’s kind of irrelevant as that part of the money would need to be ringfenced anyway to pay the Sjfa. If talbot get 300, 500,800 it’s still less than the 60% to be handed over to the Sjfa so it’s not the clubs money anyway.

Why we never had discussions before starting to sell tickets with either the SJFA or Talbot is beyond me. 

I personally would find that really hard to believe. It may have went wrong but I would be hugely surprised if no discussions had taken place.

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Told this morning the reason we wanted all ticket and to sell tickets for Beechwood as well was to bridge the gap in cash flow.  That seems highly likely and the reason they have been trying to sell tickets. Retain all the ticket money for 6 weeks before giving the SJFA their cut.

That bit still puzzled me. Where did you hear about the GAP in cash flow. I know you hate me saying it but where is this so called gap? Nothing about the teams performance, morale, and my usual one about electricity still switched on, can’t see any cash flow but maybe you see the bank account that the rest of us don’t? 🤔

10 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

That bit still puzzled me. Where did you hear about the GAP in cash flow. I know you hate me saying it but where is this so called gap? Nothing about the teams performance, morale, and my usual one about electricity still switched on, can’t see any cash flow but maybe you see the bank account that the rest of us don’t? 🤔

As mentioned before, you can run up debts...Rangers continued to have all services on when they went bust, so the lights on is not a signal all is well. 

March is a decent month for us, 4 home games in a row after that pretty much away from home until the new season. 

Jordan Moore pulled in for a "chat" last week as well, you will of course know that? 

Just now, rhubarb1974 said:

As mentioned before, you can run up debts...Rangers continued to have all services on when they went bust, so the lights on is not a signal all is well. 

March is a decent month for us, 4 home games in a row after that pretty much away from home until the new season. 

Jordan Moore pulled in for a "chat" last week as well, you will of course know that? 

Players demoralised would be though. Wages not getting paid would surely affected the teams performances and I don’t see it. I see everyone out there giving 100%.

What would the chat be about? Who was it with? You clearly know the bank balance and the dressing room discussions so you are better informed than me.