Darvel FC Thread

3 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

It's a decent shout and there's probably less chance of an Aidan glavin  in goals Talbot team winning the league than even this happening 😆

Only seen him a couple of times, fewest goals conceded out of any keepers in the league and only turning 19. The boy is young, keeper makes a mistake it is a goal. Why critisise the youngest keeper on the league who is also the keeper the has conceded the fewest goals, seems stupid? 11 cleans sheets I counted in there in the league alone. Would seem you have an agenda against a young boy who has had his contract extended at Kilmarnock. 

Attended tonights games, with the better weather coming in the playing surface is somehow getting worse. 

I know Darvel like a statement, one statement that does need to be put out is one regarding the racist abuse shouted by their young fans over their handheld megaphone, I was at the opposite goals and could hear it clearly, the gasps of all supporters both Darvel and Talbot showed that everyone in the ground clearly heard it. I was disgusted by it, no place for it in any society. 

Talbot never seemed out of second gear, unsure the Darvel player thoughts on management situation however a lot of frustrated players looking at them. Yes one or two younger players however a strong starting 11. 

Just now, Wos-observer said:

Attended tonights games, with the better weather coming in the playing surface is somehow getting worse. 

I know Darvel like a statement, one statement that does need to be put out is one regarding the racist abuse shouted by their young fans over their handheld megaphone, I was at the opposite goals and could hear it clearly, the gasps of all supporters both Darvel and Talbot showed that everyone in the ground clearly heard it. I was disgusted by it, no place for it in any society. 

Talbot never seemed out of second gear, unsure the Darvel player thoughts on management situation however a lot of frustrated players looking at them. Yes one or two younger players however a strong starting 11. 

And did any of you gaspers call them out for it or did you settle for making a mental note to post here about it instead?

Just now, jimbaxters said:

And did any of you gaspers call them out for it or did you settle for making a mental note to post here about it instead?

I never seen any of them being put out, Darvel committee etc...really have to take control of the situation, there is no way they never heard it, I was at the complete opposite end from them, they were up the banking behind the goals I was behind the goals towards the beer garden area, if I heard it and more than once, club officials who were there in team jackets etc...heard it. It seemed directed at Talbot's right back Tarek Abed. 

It was very uncomfortable to listen to. 

1 minute ago, Wos-observer said:

I never seen any of them being put out, Darvel committee etc...really have to take control of the situation, there is no way they never heard it, I was at the complete opposite end from them, they were up the banking behind the goals I was behind the goals towards the beer garden area, if I heard it and more than once, club officials who were there in team jackets etc...heard it. It seemed directed at Talbot's right back Tarek Abed. 

It was very uncomfortable to listen to. 

The only way to sort it is to get them out, team handed if need be. Can't understand people clutching their pearls but doing nothing else.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

The only way to sort it is to get them out, team handed if need be. Can't understand people clutching their pearls but doing nothing else.

Unfortunately when it is kids that are the perpetrators then people are reluctant to get involved as they become an easy target for accusations. For me Darvel officials really needed to address it. 

38 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

Only seen him a couple of times, fewest goals conceded out of any keepers in the league and only turning 19. The boy is young, keeper makes a mistake it is a goal. Why critisise the youngest keeper on the league who is also the keeper the has conceded the fewest goals, seems stupid? 11 cleans sheets I counted in there in the league alone. Would seem you have an agenda against a young boy who has had his contract extended at Kilmarnock. 

He's not a good goalie amen .Nobody will tell me otherwise. 

41 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

Goalie is doing fine and will get stronger and more confident 

Just now, Talbot supporter said:

Can you imagine the uproar from Darvel if it was Talbot young yins shouting it

There should be uproar no matter what set of fans were involved not club should accept this, this is not an anti certain club post, if it was any other team I would call it out the same way. 

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

He's not a good goalie amen .Nobody will tell me otherwise. 

Football is based on opinion at the end of the day, however looking at the stats, youngest keeper in the league, fewest goals conceded, 11 league clean sheets I just don't see it being all bad. Bear in mind keepers typically peak late 20s early 30s

2 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

There should be uproar no matter what set of fans were involved not club should accept this, this is not an anti certain club post, if it was any other team I would call it out the same way. 

I agree 

1 minute ago, Wos-observer said:

Football is based on opinion at the end of the day, however looking at the stats, youngest keeper in the league, fewest goals conceded, 11 league clean sheets I just don't see it being all bad. Bear in mind keepers typically peak late 20s early 30s

Stats dont lie

6 hours ago, Wos-observer said:

that particular poster has been hyper-critical of the young goalie for quite some time now but has likely only seen him play two games this season v his team. Like so much else he posts it's best disregarded. 

Darvel taking substantive action about this seems unlikely given their general wee-man-syndrome hostility towards all things Talbot. 

If there was racist abuse I hope it hasn't impacted the subject of it too much. Depressing as f**k to hear about this sort of incident. 

37 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Darvel taking substantive action about this seems unlikely given their general wee-man-syndrome hostility towards all things Talbot. 

If there was racist abuse I hope it hasn't impacted the subject of it too much. Depressing as f**k to hear about this sort of incident. 

Indeed.

And even if it is youngsters does this behaviour not directly breach the terms of the SFA Licence?

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

If they are kids; as soon as you lay a hand on them they get the police involved. They all seem to know their rights nowadays.

In our day a clip roon the ear sorted you oot.

12 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

If they are kids; as soon as you lay a hand on them they get the police involved. They all seem to know their rights nowadays.

In our day a clip roon the ear sorted you oot.

That wasn't what I was suggesting at all but doing nothing but mutter under your breath is not a solution either.