Darvel FC Thread

I must have been watching a diff game today, I can’t count the darvel keeper having 1 save to make the first half or beith having a chance! It was so one sided that it was embarrassing 

the first goal was a break of fortune as the ball bobbled and took 2 players out( prior to the boy slotting it home) one being caldwell who I have no idea how he gets a game worst player Iv witnessed at any football level! His 2nd touch is a tackle as his first is that bad, Same player missed a header bang on halftime that was harder to miss if it had been at least 1/1 at ht beith couldn’t have complained! 
2nd half darvel all over them balls cleared of lines hit posts allsorts only one team looked like scoring then a rocket from a talented player with lovely feet all game 2-0 game over! Not deserved 2-0 for me as they done nothing the whole game.  Just my opinion on what I seen today darvel have 6/7 sore heads in there squad players who for me are passengers. 

meechan is terrible Cant defend 

new midfielder strong but slow 

reilly slower than slow lucky to have stayed on the park 

glasgow youd think Talbot sent a ringer he’s went backwards 100 yards 

Caldwell makes it 11v 10 every week

defence has no stability altho eadie gets pass marks Daryl massive miss for them im not sure they have won a game without him so far? 

5 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

I must have been watching a diff game today, I can’t count the darvel keeper having 1 save to make the first half or beith having a chance! It was so one sided that it was embarrassing 

the first goal was a break of fortune as the ball bobbled and took 2 players out( prior to the boy slotting it home) one being caldwell who I have no idea how he gets a game worst player Iv witnessed at any football level! His 2nd touch is a tackle as his first is that bad, Same player missed a header bang on halftime that was harder to miss if it had been at least 1/1 at ht beith couldn’t have complained! 
2nd half darvel all over them balls cleared of lines hit posts allsorts only one team looked like scoring then a rocket from a talented player with lovely feet all game 2-0 game over! Not deserved 2-0 for me as they done nothing the whole game.  Just my opinion on what I seen today darvel have 6/7 sore heads in there squad players who for me are passengers. 

defence has no stability altho eadie gets pass marks Daryl massive miss for them im not sure they have won a game without him so far? 

you must be some player!

6 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Think the possession and dominance is fine but Mick will know it's winning that's important, not seen anything in the new boys yet that excite us 

6 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Both scathing and funny in equal measures.

7 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

You really were at a different game yesterday, Darvel had tons of possession but did little with it and the Beith keeper only had one maybe two saves to make all day which I would class as routine at no time did I think that Darvel were putting us under the cosh.

As for Beith not having chances in the game, we scored two and it should have been four, a goal was wrongly chopped off for an offside that quite frankly was embarrassing, Paul Frize grazed the post with a shot from 18 yards Andy Andy monk missed a sitter when one on one with keeper.  

I would say this, Darvel have a lot of very good players, but beith were a TEAM  resilient and disciplined who fought for each other from the first minute to the last and richly deserved the victory.  

Going to be an interesting run in-Beith certainly are the form team at the moment but this league will throw up tough games still.

As Beith aren’t entitled to get promoted and likely the South won’t be either would the East winners simply get the slot if Beith win the league?

4 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Going to be an interesting run in-Beith certainly are the form team at the moment but this league will throw up tough games still.

As Beith aren’t entitled to get promoted and likely the South won’t be either would the East winners simply get the slot if Beith win the league?

Yes

On 17/02/2023 at 23:26, Ih8rangers said:

They dropped out as they know there’s more to life than playing football, they all work & play it as a hobby & part time suits them 

Common sense they are not dropping out of playing with falkirk / st mirren / Ross county to join darvel & make out darvels paying more money than they clubs! They all work and play the fball to top up wages that would be better than ft football! 

McShane joined Darvel from Falkirk.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this Darvel thread is quite for weeks we were getting all the news in the Scottish now it's gone quite have Darvel not played since mind u their manager is very vocal in the papers just goes to show what a club this is want all the hype but can't deliver just like black rooster lol 😉 😀 👍 

On 13/03/2023 at 12:05, allyg1977 said:

Wow this Darvel thread is quite for weeks we were getting all the news in the Scottish now it's gone quite have Darvel not played since mind u their manager is very vocal in the papers just goes to show what a club this is want all the hype but can't deliver just like black rooster lol 😉 😀 👍 

You do realise there’s about 3 Darvel fans comment in this thread and the rest are Talbot fans ? 

On 15/03/2023 at 16:55, Sgc said:

You do realise there’s about 3 Darvel fans comment in this thread and the rest are Talbot fans ? 

I got a hard time for starting the thread as the others were constantly getting deleted but over 100 pages in it’s been worthwhile. Title run in should be good, still think Darvel are favourites giving their strength and depth with solely the league to focus on.

That today was unacceptable but credit to Troon who fully deserved the 3 points , they were hungrier and better all over the park and wee Chrissie had two really good saves to keep the score line as it was  , I honestly don’t know where we go from here but season over at this stage with the money spent is a disgrace 

Just now, Darvel legend said:

That today was unacceptable but credit to Troon who fully deserved the 3 points , they were hungrier and better all over the park and wee Chrissie had two really good saves to keep the score line as it was  , I honestly don’t know where we go from here but season over at this stage with the money spent is a disgrace 

Managers position must be looked at surely. 

Spunking thousands of pounds every week and looking like they've blew a very poor league plus out the cups.

Glorious viewing though 🤣