Darvel FC Thread

3 hours ago, ClubFan87 said:

😂😂 not everyone is as well versed as mr Darvel himself 😂😂. Again another man that’s done more good for the club in the short space of time he has been here than you have or ever will do. You are a mouthpiece and you’ve still not been to a game yet so I don’t know how you’ve worked out we will just stay up. I’m pretty sure you had us relegated last season as well…. 

100 percent correct he's thriving on misery being sent darvels way and while he was part of the inner sanctum he was the most arrogant person on here trying to look down on other clubs.

18 hours ago, Fabi said:

How's the Darvel squad looking for new season? Has there been a lot of changes with new management etc? 

Fabi nearly every established player has left from the squad that won the double , I don’t remember that happening anywhere else in the junior game ever , signed a few from Ashfield and benburb , mcglinchy from the burgh on loan for the season but as I’ve said previously I’d take 5th bottom right now , it’s going to be a long season 

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Fabi nearly every established player has left from the squad that won the double , I don’t remember that happening anywhere else in the junior game ever , signed a few from Ashfield and benburb , mcglinchy from the burgh on loan for the season but as I’ve said previously I’d take 5th bottom right now , it’s going to be a long season 

So what, people move on. I suppose that’s what you can’t get to grips with, the club has moved on without you and after a few years your still upset by it and can’t accept it 😂😂.

What did you do shut your eyes and pick a position in the league table? You had us relegated last season and it turned out no bad. it will be a long season listening to your pish talk, infact nobody is forcing you to go watch, I think there would be a lot of happy people if you and your cronies didn’t go at all. 

Very even first 20 minutes today but after that only one team in it , I’d say they had 3 gilt edged chances and we could have nicked one when the young keeper spilled a free kick and Declan might have done better but we  are a long way away ,second half no at the races 

A game we were in control off until a goal keeping error which is unlike big Andy but after that Glens were better team and looked the team that would get the winner which they did , huge game for us on Saturday and it’s a must 3 points even this early as gartcairn and Clydebank to follow after it , we need players in and quickly 

Another shambolic performance and luckily only lost 4-1 , Troon were impressive and if it hadn’t been for them taking foot of the pedal im No sure how many it would have been , if we don’t sign central defenders and quickly the season will be over before it gets going 

Oliver is out his depth here. 

Just watched his interview, Lose 3 games and the excuses around losing players and other teams budgets come out again. Absolute no responsibility taken, his recruitment has not been good enough.

2 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

Just watched his interview, Lose 3 games and the excuses around losing players and other teams budgets come out again. Absolute no responsibility taken, his recruitment has not been good enough.

Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but is it the case that Mick Kennedy played a huge role in getting Oliver the manager’s gig?

16 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but is it the case that Mick Kennedy played a huge role in getting Oliver the manager’s gig?

Don't think it was ever confirmed (and doubt it ever will) but it was well known that Tony McInally was on his way out at Darvel and Mick Oliver was coming in several weeks prior to Tony being sacked and there was certainly no love lost between Tony and Mick Kennedy over comments made so I dont think it takes a lot of mental gymnastics to get to that the above potentially being the case!

Edited by Arthurlie1981

23 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

What I didn’t get was him and his back room team having a Blether for a good 5 minutes at half time after getting a complete doing in the first half whilst the players were in dressing room 

9 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Coaching badges and only played amateur.  No Knowledge of the level.  I think he’s out his depth.  

Zero responsibility from him or Broadfoot.  I think you have to question their morals as well.  There was a lot went on behind the scenes that Ashfield never knew about and McInally wasn’t meant to know about.  

He must be surely trying to sign 2 central defenders or he is out of his depth but the guy might be trying to and hitting a brick wall ,  word doesn’t take long to get around as players talk and when u lose 14 players from last season its plain to see  it’s no a bed of roses doon the brae , that team have no chance of staying up even this early on in the season unfortunately 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Coaching badges and only played amateur.  No Knowledge of the level.  I think he’s out his depth.  

Zero responsibility from him or Broadfoot.  I think you have to question their morals as well.  There was a lot went on behind the scenes that Ashfield never knew about and McInally wasn’t meant to know about.  

He played senior level mostly with Clyde. 

Not that I'm losing sleep over I but I'm genuinely surprised at Darvel being where they are right now.

Are they a better side than the start suggests or are they going to be in the relegation fight? 

16 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Not that I'm losing sleep over I but I'm genuinely surprised at Darvel being where they are right now.

Are they a better side than the start suggests or are they going to be in the relegation fight? 

Shanner as it stands with no new signings that team won’t be in a relegation fight , they are going down 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

Shanner as it stands with no new signings that team won’t be in a relegation fight , they are going down 

Fair enough. From the outside it's not really looking like the controlled descent to a manageable and stable way of running the club that was promised. 

I heard it being said on one of the podcast shows last week they may struggle and laughed it off, but this is relegation form after 10% of games.

Oliver has surprisingly just made Jordan Allan club captain, so I would be surprised if he was looking to replace him.

Where is the best place to find a fixture list for the wosfl prem?

Like to know in advance whether I can make it to games but the info can be hard to come by.