Darvel FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

Kidding urself, way out his depth here. 

Nonsense. 

He's at a basket case of a small village team .

Naive yes 

Promising young manager highly thought of in non league game yes for sure 

2 hours ago, Parkranger said:

Nonsense. 

He's at a basket case of a small village team .

Naive yes 

Promising young manager highly thought of in non league game yes for sure 

I don’t think so.

he recruited the players on what i imagine would be a decent budget for the league, certainly not pennies! 

hasn't recruited or coached well enough and today says they don't have enough fitness about them? He made Jordan Allan the skipper last week!

Wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the players left from last season start handing in transfer requests, winning a cup double and now faced with a relegation battle this season.

It all started with the sacking of the manager & backroom team before the Junior Cup Final & now going down the slippery slope, noone to blame but the guys at the top making the decisions 

1 hour ago, Sylvester said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the players left from last season start handing in transfer requests, winning a cup double and now faced with a relegation battle this season.

It all started with the sacking of the manager & backroom team before the Junior Cup Final & now going down the slippery slope, noone to blame but the guys at the top making the decisions 

100% the sacking of Tony was a terrible decision and now gall says he’s no there but he is there so what is the position ? We have a commitee now that waxed lyrical cause friendly results were good but anyone who knew anything about football knew this squad would not be good enough for this league , this trying to get under 20’s through is all good and well  but none of them are close to being good enough for this league , mick never played them , tony never played them and Michael Oliver isn’t going to play them as all he’s brought in is young boys from senior teams who aren’t good enough either for this league , I’ve no idea where we are going to get a victory from unless we get experienced juniors in 

57 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

100% the sacking of Tony was a terrible decision and now gall says he’s no there but he is there so what is the position ? We have a commitee now that waxed lyrical cause friendly results were good but anyone who knew anything about football knew this squad would not be good enough for this league , this trying to get under 20’s through is all good and well  but none of them are close to being good enough for this league , mick never played them , tony never played them and Michael Oliver isn’t going to play them as all he’s brought in is young boys from senior teams who aren’t good enough either for this league , I’ve no idea where we are going to get a victory from unless we get experienced juniors in 

Get some Joonyurs in 😂

I doubt they’ll travel from Tayside or up North but you could try I suppose.

Edited by Eadie is God

2 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Get some Joonyurs in 😂

I doubt they’ll travel from Tayside or up North but you could try I suppose.

Would keep an eye on this thread M8. Club spends a fortune, has their day in the sun, and slowly melts away.  Hmmmm!

1 hour ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

I think the number of fans is a moot point tbh. Clubs at this level spending comparably outrageous sums of cash on players ALWAYS ends in disaster. 

It’s good at the time but it always backfires badly ultimately. 

Only if it’s a sugar daddy and there’s no other income.

24 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Who has the biggest average crowd in the WOSFL?

Think Pollok's is about 650/700 per home game
Auchinleck must be up there, close to Pollok, either just higher or lower.  Not sure who the next would be

We've got the headcounts for the LL/EoS

Clydebank do provide figures online. League average last year 634. Which put them 1st in the EoS/LL headcounts.

When this comes up, some Pollok fan will usually give a very specific number as they keep track. I just think its in their programme not online. My memory of it is that its often higher than Clydebank.

Then its my dad's bigger than your dad.

41 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

We've got the headcounts for the LL/EoS

Clydebank do provide figures online. League average last year 634. Which put them 1st in the EoS/LL headcounts.

When this comes up, some Pollok fan will usually give a very specific number as they keep track. I just think its in their programme not online. My memory of it is that its often higher than Clydebank.

Then its my dad's bigger than your dad.

………. And yet Pollok had the begging bowl out last season. It’s all about working with a manageable budget and living within your means. 

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Darvel giving Jordan Allan the captaincy is the most lobotomised decision ever and one that mick Oliver will never recover from  .

The Man is a thug wearing a football jersey and he's no  example to anyone..

Strange one that considering he also looks about 2 stone overweight 

Looking at Darvel fixtures, difficult to see where they will pick first points up from. Barring a disaster from Clydebank I think you can write that game off, I would be expecting the biggest score line of the season so far. Pollok is the following league game after that who are another team that have started well. I would also fancy Shotts to win as they are at home, big pitch and fairly well organised. Then Darvel are at home to JB, away to Cumnock, home to Hurlford, away to Beith, home to Dumchapel before being away on the 14th of December to Bens which is where I think they could pick up some points. 

I personally thought Darvel would have enough in the tank for another year in the prem before falling away there after. Baring considerable money being spent or Mick Oliver proving his doubters wrong I think this will be a very bleak season for the fans. 

When you seen Darvel committee on their facebook openly slating the manager, does he have long left?