Pars vs. Doonhamers

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

What a fucking bitter sweet win this will be. Fucking Thistle and McCall a bunch of c***s.

They've put out a stronger side than I expected, wouldn't be expecting any side to be fighting in the trenches for an utterly meaningless game when they've got a promotion playoff in a couple of games. 

It's the worst case scenario for us, Partick aren't going to chase the game. 

What a fucking bitter sweet win this will be. Fucking Thistle and McCall a bunch of c***s.
The only upside for you is you'll rattle in at least another couple so the confidence should be high.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

They've put out a stronger side than I expected, wouldn't be expecting any side to be fighting in the trenches for an utterly meaningless game when they've got a promotion playoff in a couple of games. 

It's the worst case scenario for us, Partick aren't going to chase the game. 

I'm confident against any of the league one sides at East End. It's the away leg I'm worried about. We have some weird mentality about it I think. 

They weren't going to build the North Stanf to the same height as the Norrie, although I'm sure they did put in extra foundations to allow a second tier to built if needed. Doubt Yorkston was taking that much of a "wage" either. He was chairman, not Chief Executive. 

Anyway, a good start and proof that we are capable of playing good football on our nice park. Quite why we can't replicate that at away games remains a mystery, so we'll have to play for 0-0s in the away leg(s) and hope we don't "Cowden" it in the second leg(s).

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They weren't going to build the North Stanf to the same height as the Norrie, although I'm sure they did put in extra foundations to allow a second tier to built if needed. Doubt Yorkston was taking that much of a "wage" either. He was chairman, not Chief Executive. 

Anyway, a good start and proof that we are capable of playing good football on our nice park. Quite why we can't replicate that at away games remains a mystery, so we'll have to play for 0-0s in the away leg(s) and hope we don't "Cowden" it in the second leg(s).

I heard it straight from Yorkie one night in Legends that the North stand is temporary and would eventually be replaced to be the same height and depth as the East and West stands. 17/18 year old me thought that sounded brilliant in fairness. 

3 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

How's the playoffs work? you play Queens Park or is it L2 3rd v 4th then winner vs 2nd before they play the Pars?

I don't get how a fan of any lower league team doesn't know how the playoffs work, bizarre.