Pars vs. Doonhamers

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Looks like Jones is Hughes’ new favourite guid hoanest laddie. That’ll be him definitely starting on Friday. If it’s a back 5 again I’ll be out of KY12 before they finish Into the Valley.

Probably means he won't even be in the squad. Can't tell with Hughes.

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You're a good Pars lad Baracus but you really can't help being a massive drama queen. A "disgrace" ffs.

I stand by it. After the nonsense of the previous appointments, it was, well, nonsense to go chucking out an 18 month contract to Hughes. It's like they haven't learned a thing.

Incidentally, was it ever officially announced how long Grant was originally contracted for?

I wouldn't trust any manager willing to accept a six month contract tbh. You'd only end up with absolute chancers like the PE teacher Falkirk appointed.

If we end up 8th on Friday night then whether people like it or not, Hughes has succeeded. If we go down, then he's clearly failed.

I'd not be fussed in the slightest if he left in the summer in fairness but he'd barely make Top 5 of the worst managers we've had since I started going regularly.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I wouldn't trust any manager willing to accept a six month contract tbh. You'd only end up with absolute chancers like the PE teacher Falkirk appointed.

If we end up 8th on Friday night then whether people like it or not, Hughes has succeeded. If we go down, then he's clearly failed.

I'd not be fussed in the slightest if he left in the summer in fairness but he'd barely make Top 5 of the worst managers we've had since I started going regularly.

If it was the right guy then it would be more than a 6 month contract.

Anyway, I think I'd rate Hughes as worse than Grant now.*

Obviously not. Grant is easily the worst manager in my time supporting the club. In fact, here are the top 5 worst managers in my time supporting the club:

1. Peter Grant 

2. John Potter

3. Davie Hay

4. John Hughes

5. Stephen Kenny

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They’ve reopened section L in the NW, now that the rest of the stand has sold out. Imagine those tickets will go quite quickly.

Sensible decision although with even more folk in they could do with getting the fourth turnstile working.

Although whenever I have been through it seems the queues are caused by folk not being able to scan their tickets which is the case at most stadiums when they are busy 

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

Sensible decision although with even more folk in they could do with getting the fourth turnstile working.

Although whenever I have been through it seems the queues are caused by folk not being able to scan their tickets which is the case at most stadiums when they are busy 

It was an absolute shambles at the Rovers game, I reckon at least 300 people were still queuing at the NW at kick-off. 

It’s a shambles every single time there is a big crowd in the NW. quite a few season tickets wouldn’t work at the rovers game, & it only takes 2 people to get stuck for the queue to end up round at the norrie. They really need to invest in handheld scanners for the stewards who are standing there. Getting there early doesn’t seem to help either, last home game I was at I was there half an hour before kick off and still had to wait in a big queue to get in. Ridiculous when the ground is 1/3 full. 

13 minutes ago, smpar said:

It was an absolute shambles at the Rovers game, I reckon at least 300 people were still queuing at the NW at kick-off. 

Aye for the bigger games I try and get in 30 mins from kick off. Just needs both turnstiles to have someone who cant get it to work to cause a havoc. 

I'd be tempted with so few away fans to allow access into the NW from the NE

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The club have always been shocking at handling big crowds. Their solution seems to be get in miles too early or tough shit.

Tbf it's the standard response for anyone with a stadium, Hampden is exactly the same. 

But it would be good if they could get all the turnstiles open, see if that works :lol:

Quite a lot of Ayr fans had trouble getting in before kick off at EEP a couple of weeks back. There was only about 500 or so of us but still took ridiculously long to get in with just 2 turnstiles open. Not sure what the hold up was, we were lucky to have gotten there quite early.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Can only assume you're giving Kenny a *lot* of bonus points for the Cup run because he was taking us down to the third tier with an SPL budget.

Don't forget the run to the Challenge Cup final!