Completed your census form?

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Would atheists putting the likes of Jedi on their form lead to the government over-counting the number of religious folk around the country, therefore underestimating those who genuinely have 'no religion'.

If a lot of people indicate that they are Jedi, will local councils be obliged to set up Jedi schools?

7 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Not filling my in until the first church of our lord & saviour Taylor Swift is legally recognized & added to the census. Call me bitter but I can't shake it off.

You Need to Calm Down. Just leave a Blank Space.

23 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

If a lot of people indicate that they are Jedi, will local councils be obliged to set up Jedi schools?

I hope not. If folk want to send their kids to a Catholic Jedi school they should damn well pay for it themselves.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They help to understand age demographics and indeed populations in certain areas which can determine things like investment in schools.

I look forward to all the new and improved public services for our fairly static population when the 700,000 punters get their fingers out and fill in the census. 

Fife Council don’t seem capable of basic maintenance with or without a census. The Scottish Government are only good for shuffling paper and producing glossy brochures.

26 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I look forward to all the new and improved public services for our fairly static population when the 700,000 punters get their fingers out and fill in the census. 

Fife Council don’t seem capable of basic maintenance with or without a census. The Scottish Government are only good for shuffling losing/hiding paper and producing glossy brochures.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Some marvellous anti-government bonkerdom from a couple of the Coronavirus thread nut-jobs.

Solid work.

Some of us really seem to be getting in to that shit. Makes you wonder what our version of the QAnon paedovampires will be.

The guy who made that shit up made a fortune from selling T-shirts and weird paraphernalia, so it feels like we're missing a trick here.

6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Are you thinking that without a census form the government can’t provide decent public services? Is that their current excuse?

Seems to be the main reason that’s spouted to encourage people to fill it in.

Personally I don’t see the problem with completing it.  I think it’s pointless crap but took me a few minutes to complete online. 

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Seems to be the main reason that’s spouted to encourage people to fill it in.

Personally I don’t see the problem with completing it.  I think it’s pointless crap but took me a few minutes to complete online. 

I’ve already completed it like a good wee citizen. Hopefully they use my information wisely.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ve already completed it like a good wee citizen. Hopefully they use my information wisely.

They won’t.  As I said it’s pointless.  Using that info would require trending and forward planning.  From the government?  Do me a favour.

26 minutes ago, Left Back said:

They won’t.  As I said it’s pointless.  Using that info would require trending and forward planning.  From the government?  Do me a favour.

My thoughts entirely. I also factor in that this is a government which has outlived its welcome and is only still in power due to it being (supposedly) in favour of independence and due to the truly awful standard of the opposition.

If you didn't know about the deadline, you'll be thrilled to hear about the fine of up to £1,000 for non compliance... 
Not unless they contact me for non compliance first.

I've not had anything from anyone asking me to complete a census to this point, so would be a bit rich to try and impose a fine for not doing something I've not been asked to do by anyone.

35 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Not unless they contact me for non compliance first.

I've not had anything from anyone asking me to complete a census to this point, so would be a bit rich to try and impose a fine for not doing something I've not been asked to do by anyone.

😂😂😂

Are you thinking that unless someone chaps your door to ask you to fill it out you don’t have to?

Like it or not you have to complete it.  You have been asked to.  It’s in the letter you and every other household gets.  If you don’t complete it you can be fined, no matter what you think.