Ireland v scotland

That Armenia side was one of the worst I can remember in recent years to play at Hampden. If they can beat Ireland then the Irish must be absolute dug meat. 

id go with the Same team tonight with Hanley replacing Hendry.

4 hours ago, G51 said:

The only position Ireland have a better player than us in is goalkeeper. Unfortunately for them, Bazunu is out injured for these games.

Can’t believe the odds for this game. 

Really not sure Bazunu is better than Gordon anyway.

But yeah it's a poor Ireland team, and agreed with comment about not overthinking it as some faux rivalry or a British style match.

They're just some shite team we need to beat (as a second string Ukraine and a gash Armenia have already done).

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Really not sure Bazunu is better than Gordon anyway.

But yeah it's a poor Ireland team, and agreed with comment about not overthinking it as some faux rivalry or a British style match.

They're just some shite team we need to beat (as a second string Ukraine and a gash Armenia have already done).

Nah Bazunu’s a really good keeper. He’s about to sign for Southampton for £10m or so to and has a really good shot to be their No. 1. I’d have him over Gordon every time.

P

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Nah Bazunu’s a really good keeper. He’s about to sign for Southampton for £10m or so to and has a really good shot to be their No. 1. I’d have him over Gordon every time.

Probably a bit off topic here, but I was particularly impressed with Gordon's footwork last night. Rook some pretty hairy backpasses with absolutely zero fuss.

Must admit that i’ll be seething if we don’t win this one. They are absolutely shite. They seem to have two decent, promising ‘keepers in Bazunu and Kelleher but other than that their squad is as poor as it has been in my lifetime.

Richard Dunne & Gary Breen were fairly scathing about RoI on Premier Sports last night and they certainly don’t fancy their chances on Saturday. 

Don't get anything for second in this group, so this game is must win. Have to assume that Ukraine will be getting nine points from their home game against Ireland and both their games against Armenia, so we will also be needing nine points from our three remaining games against those two.

Then just need to hope we can edge Ukraine on the head to head or goal difference for top spot. 

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

Don't get anything for second in this group, so this game is must win. Have to assume that Ukraine will be getting nine points from their home game against Ireland and both their games against Armenia, so we will also be needing nine points from our three remaining games against those two.

Then just need to hope we can edge Ukraine on the head to head or goal difference for top spot. 

Apart from potential Pot 2 for the Euros qualifiers and a very strong chance of a play-off.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Apart from potential Pot 2 for the Euros qualifiers and a very strong chance of a play-off.

As Germany are already qualified then the best runner up gets into Pot 2.

With Russia not playing then how is that affecting the groups? Do the points against the worst side in the other 3 'B' groups get taken off?

Let's get this silly gang of pish pumped. None of the Strachan loser mentality that was evident that time we drew with them (which proved pretty costly).

Stephen Kenny was sacked as Pars manager after this run of games:

0-5 vs Hamilton (H)

3-0 vs Stirling Albion (A)

0-4 vs Livingston (H)

He's a daft diddy who forgets jumpers and frequented Jiggies in Dunfermline (apparently).

Just now, ahemps said:

As Germany are already qualified then the best runner up gets into Pot 2.

With Russia not playing then how is that affecting the groups? Do the points against the worst side in the other 3 'B' groups get taken off?

I would assume that the results against 4th place would drop off.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Let's get this silly gang of pish pumped. None of the Strachan loser mentality that was evident that time we drew with them (which proved pretty costly).

In that same group, Germany lost and Poland drew in Dublin, but aye we had a divine right to win there. That team was not the shite one that they have now - as evidenced by them reaching the knockout stages of the Euros.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I would assume that the results against 4th place would drop off.

In that same group, Germany lost and Poland drew in Dublin, but aye we had a divine right to win there. That team was not the shite one that they have now - as evidenced by them reaching the knockout stages of the Euros.

Who said we had the divine right to win there? They were however beatable but it seemed we settled for a draw in that game long before the end, and Ireland weren't particularly good that day.

They were much better than the gash they have now, thus the comment about getting them pumped.

Take the game to Ireland, as they won't sit in like Armenia and we will get a result 

Get big Hanley on Duffy at corners and free kicks, and double up on Robinson when they attack 

Ireland are poor at the moment, get them pumped.

Everyone will say the Irish aren't great, but you have to hand it to the Ukrainian reserve team, that's still quite a good result. Stephen Kenny has said already he will need to rest some players so I'm not too sure what to expect -  their match and travel schedule has been more intense than ours.

There's so much general positivity about this game, I'm getting a bad feeling. Playing an underperforming team whose manager must be under huge pressure away from home in a match which would be great to win for many reasons, with us coming off a reasonable display and having a pretty big squad who are playing well.... What could possibly go wrong! 😂

Also, we might really regret not taking more chances last night for goal difference purposes (if that applies) . It's perfectly possible that RoI might finish bottom of the group, not Armenia. 

Really want us to get our baws oot here and just dominate the game.

I do fear we'll sit off and let them have possession, which will just let them grow into the game. We are a much better team when we take the game by the scruff of the neck and play at pace. 

Get this gang pumped.

**Shane Duffy masterclass incoming**

26 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Everyone will say the Irish aren't great, but you have to hand it to the Ukrainian reserve team, that's still quite a good result. Stephen Kenny has said already he will need to rest some players so I'm not too sure what to expect -  their match and travel schedule has been more intense than ours.

All Kenny can really do is rotate in the likes of Obafemi, McClean and Browne. In other words, it doesn't matter what he does, they're fucked because they have shite players.