Dog Kills Man

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Seems like I'm getting recommended accounts for this sort of thing on Twitter. Here's a video of some Texan polis trying to take down one of these dogs with some fire axes: PPV-TAHOE - News Journalist on Twitter: "Pitbull attack in San Antonio, Texas ‘Horrific scene’: Dog owner arrested after elderly man killed, 3 others injured. https://t.co/a4989d2Tkr" / Twitter

I'm very surprised the Texan polis didn't just shoot it.

On 07/06/2023 at 22:18, ICTChris said:

Horrifying. Terrifying, too. WTF does he need 1 of those dogs for, never mind 3?

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Seems like I'm getting recommended accounts for this sort of thing on Twitter. Here's a video of some Texan polis trying to take down one of these dogs with some fire axes: PPV-TAHOE - News Journalist on Twitter: "Pitbull attack in San Antonio, Texas ‘Horrific scene’: Dog owner arrested after elderly man killed, 3 others injured. https://t.co/a4989d2Tkr" / Twitter

You'd think they'd make a better job of killing a black dog...

eta: Damn you, Sarge!

Edited by Jacksgranda

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've seen another video from the same incident and it's the most horrific dog attack video I've seen. I wouldn't recommend watching it. The white dog you see is just picking the guys face off like you would chicken from the bone. 

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Another one just playing.

https://twitter.com/crazyclipsonly/status/1667556224307724290?s=46&t=VI9PBOGiArQ8qgQBk99O4w

Who doesn’t take their jaws on legs living offensive weapon out for a bite to eat?

Clearly the small dog owners fault for not being aware according to this guy.

I have a larger dog that's always on a lead and muzzle when walking and there has been a few times I've been close to punting other peoples dogs that coming sprinting up to us off lead with no recall, followed by the half hearted apologies when they finally get their dog under control.

Screenshot_20230611_092725_Chrome.jpg

I once saw two dogs fighting, not serious stuff like clamped jaws or anything, both had their dogs off the lead and they turned corners before the owners had got there. The man was wearing cammo and smoking a rollie and the woman was a bit posher and started shrieking her lungs out, she ran up to the scene and kicked the guys dog (to try and get it off her slightly smaller one) and the man proceeds to then walk up and boot her dog as some sort of leveller mid scrap. 

Was very bizarre. Those dogs kinda gave up after a few lunges and tangles but what I'm sure most would agree is frightening is the lockjaw these Pitbulls have, you can hear someone in that video asking why it won't let go, seems like as soon as they clamp on you'll need either good luck or herculean finger strength to prise them off whatever they've bitten in to. 

37 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I once saw two dogs fighting, not serious stuff like clamped jaws or anything, both had their dogs off the lead and they turned corners before the owners had got there. The man was wearing cammo and smoking a rollie and the woman was a bit posher and started shrieking her lungs out, she ran up to the scene and kicked the guys dog (to try and get it off her slightly smaller one) and the man proceeds to then walk up and boot her dog as some sort of leveller mid scrap. 

Was very bizarre. Those dogs kinda gave up after a few lunges and tangles but what I'm sure most would agree is frightening is the lockjaw these Pitbulls have, you can hear someone in that video asking why it won't let go, seems like as soon as they clamp on you'll need either good luck or herculean finger strength to prise them off whatever they've bitten in to. 

The locking jaw thing is a myth btw. They don't have any sort of locking mechanics. No dogs do. The thing with pitbulls is that their hunting instinct is to bite and not let go. They try to choke their prey out. 

It just so happens that they are strong enough that if they don't want to let go it's hard to make them. 

I was walking our dog (Beagle/Whippet mix) yesterday when this mm-massive mm-mastiff arrived unaccompanied from it's home somewhere nearby, initially I was a bit worried but after 5mins my main concern was that it was gonna have a heart attack chasing after our dog which is pretty nippy. It followed us round for a bit until we musta got near to it's house and it decided the prospect of a bowl of water was more attractive than trying to catch our dog.

All's well etc.....

On 11/06/2023 at 09:30, Empty It said:

Clearly the small dog owners fault for not being aware according to this guy.

I have a larger dog that's always on a lead and muzzle when walking and there has been a few times I've been close to punting other peoples dogs that coming sprinting up to us off lead with no recall, followed by the half hearted apologies when they finally get their dog under control.

Screenshot_20230611_092725_Chrome.jpg

Had a incident this morning. An off lead pit bull type comes bounding up to us. My dog can be reactive to other dogs so I say to the owner who is shambling along behind the dog " My dog can be reactive can you keep him back please". Owner ignores me.  His dog then lunges at mine teeth flashing and mine starts barking mentally and going into aggression mode so I pull him away and move him behind me whilst this thing is now snarling at me with its hackles up. At this point I think I'm about to become another statistic.

I yell "GET BACK!" at the dog and say "Get your dog on a lead1" to the arsehole of an owner who then goes  "nae need to be mean tae ma dug" leaving me somewhat speechless as he then marches off in the huff.  

There are a couple of lasoapso/shitzhu types around here that are aggressive wee arseholes who have repeatedly gone for Shug.  

He now looks at them with a "call yourself a dog" look of disgust.