Dog Kills Man

I used to know a boy whose family owned one of these things when I was younger. I tried to avoid interacting with it at all costs. Not because I was intimidated, as such, but just because I was genuinely a bit taken aback by just how catastrophically ugly a dog it was. I wouldn't be against a ban. 

32 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I used to know a boy whose family owned one of these things when I was younger. I tried to avoid interacting with it at all costs. Not because I was intimidated, as such, but just because I was genuinely a bit taken aback by just how catastrophically ugly a dog it was. I wouldn't be against a ban. 

I'm the same, I can remember seeing one as a kid and asking my mum if the dog had down syndrome.

ETA when I read people talking about banning  an ugly English terrier I assumed I had just clicked on the Russel Brand thread instead.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It’s worth noting that bulk terriers can be very good dogs and suitable pets. You have to draw a distinction between them and the XL Bully’s.  

Having said that, some funny quotes of that tweet.

I'm not proud of how hard I laughed at the 'Scouse kid' comment.

16 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Makes you think doesn't it? Also I was in London at the weekend and saw a car with a "Justice for Marshall and Millions" bumped sticker which was very fun 

There should be laws against humans mauling children imo

15 hours ago, DrewDon said:

By coincidence we were in the local shopping mall only yesterday and there was a family sitting having a coffee and cake and they had their 7-month old American Bully and English Terrier with them.  Absolutely stunning the both of them, but at only 7 months the bully was a beast albeit as friendly as f**k.  The English Terrier was a bit more temperamental as she was jealous of the attention the bully was getting - she was stuck at the back so kind of out of reach for petting.  

If I see one more comment on FB asking why we don't ban cars, cos they kill people too... I swear half this country thinks Christine was a documentary.

Edited by Raven
I wrote I swear twice. Once was enough.

On 18/09/2023 at 10:21, GHF-23 said:

Imjj0

Are they the two dogs that lunged at the officers then got fully terminated?

I live in a rural location and once saw a cellotaped A4 print out on a dog shite bin about Luke Mitchell apparently being innocent. 

I'm not an expert in advertising and spreading your brands appeal but I feel like a bin in a rural place or a reg plate isn't going to reach the audience you might desire...

Edited by RuMoore

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I read somewhere that American XLs were responsible for 50% of reported attacks (on other dogs and people) in 2022 despite comprising only 1% of the doggy population.

There's over 100 000 of those in the country?  That can't be right.

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

There's over 100 000 of those in the country?  That can't be right.

I should have said under 1% rather than 1%, I don't think anyone knows how many there are.

Edited by welshbairn