Dog Kills Man

So at the start of the year my parent's dog was killed by one of these monsters, and now last week my MiL's dog was attacked by one, multiple deep puncture wounds etc. fortunately he'll live but who knows the effect on his personality long term.

Anyway I also found this picture funny 

GBqAjHTWEAAYwGP.jpeg

2 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

So at the start of the year my parent's dog was killed by one of these monsters, and now last week my MiL's dog was attacked by one, multiple deep puncture wounds etc. fortunately he'll live but who knows the effect on his personality long term.

Anyway I also found this picture funny 

GBqAjHTWEAAYwGP.jpeg

Really sorry to hear about your parents and in laws dogs being attacked.

The number of attacks on other dogs by XL Bully’s is hard to keep track of because of difficulties reporting on it but it’s clear that this is a significant problem. Kid of belies the animal loving, be kind (or else) schtick that opponents of the ban adopt.

On 26/12/2023 at 11:04, ICTChris said:

Really sorry to hear about your parents and in laws dogs being attacked.

The number of attacks on other dogs by XL Bully’s is hard to keep track of because of difficulties reporting on it but it’s clear that this is a significant problem. Kid of belies the animal loving, be kind (or else) schtick that opponents of the ban adopt.

What unique difficulties exist when reporting on the number of cases? If anything it has been tabloid fodder for months if not years to report on attacks by this breed (relative to attacks by other breeds). 

Until we ditch the emotive, tabloid hysteria and use objective facts, it's not clear at all that this is a significant problem. Or indeed one that is in any way distinct from self-entitled, 'dog parents' being completely unable to control their animals regardless of breed. 

Sorry it's the Daily Record, but the nick o this c**t and his utter bullshit story...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/xl-bully-owner-moves-scotland-31768620

“His favourite thing is to play on the beach. He couldn’t do that with the ban and I can’t take him to the beach with a muzzle on. That’s not fair, it’s why we’re moving.

“It costs £93 to register – that’s almost a month of food for me. I’m living on sandwiches, beans and eggs as every penny has been spent on the journey up here.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

What unique difficulties exist when reporting on the number of cases? If anything it has been tabloid fodder for months if not years to report on attacks by this breed (relative to attacks by other breeds). 

Until we ditch the emotive, tabloid hysteria and use objective facts, it's not clear at all that this is a significant problem. Or indeed one that is in any way distinct from self-entitled, 'dog parents' being completely unable to control their animals regardless of breed. 

I have to say, as someone who has been effected by this issue twice in the year I'm largely with you. I understand and empathise with my mum being very upset at the recent news of dogs getting moved up here etc, I'm just not sure what a ban is actually supposed to do.

If, as in our experience, the police do f**k all when a dog has attacked and killed another dog, presumably due to a lack of resources, I'm not sure how the resources will be found to track down and seize these animals and bring legal proceedings against owners.

I'm by no means coming from an "it's not the dog it's the owner" position, as I don't really think there's any reason for anyone to own a dog as big, powerful, potentially deadly and nightmarishly ugly as that, but I do think the proliferation of anecdotal tabloid stories followed swiftly by a half arsed ban bill was probably not a well considered way to go

Edited by GHF-23

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Outstanding. Presumably folk are just using AI to generate these now?

"A battalion of sad looking XL bullies walk on a sheet of ice hanging over the houses of parliament while globs of spunk drip off a rainbow overhead"

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

29 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

"A battalion of sad looking XL bullies walk on a sheet of ice hanging over the houses of parliament while globs of spunk drip off a rainbow overhead"

That's a bit wordy to be the collective noun for Rangers fans, but I don't think it's a million miles away