Dog Kills Man

I will spoiler the full videos as I know some people will find it upsetting but here they are.  It kind of goes backwards, the second video shows the run up to the first.  It's pretty clear the guy lets his dog off the leash just before the police shoot it.  

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I will spoiler the full videos as I know some people will find it upsetting but here they are.  It kind of goes backwards, the second video shows the run up to the first.  It's pretty clear the guy lets his dog off the leash just before the police shoot it.  

Hide contents

Sorry, but I don’t think it’s clear he’s done that at all. It looks to me as if he’s trying to calm the dogs until the last moment, then he releases their collars, not unleashed IMO. 

Feel the context is missing as to why the armed police are running after a lad with 2 dogs, don't get why he second one which was caught by the police was shot.

15 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

f**k off sock puppet. 

The guy has 2 out of control dogs that have allegedly attacked someone. Armed response units are there and the guy sets his dog on them. 

What would you have done in that situation, got it in a headlock? 

8 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The guy has 2 out of control dogs that have allegedly attacked someone. Armed response units are there and the guy sets his dog on them. 

What would you have done in that situation, got it in a headlock? 

Firstly, it’s alleged. Secondly, he did not set his dogs on them. 
I’d have taken an appropriate response to a dog allegedly attacking someone & used a dog noose pole as is standard for out of control dogs. We are turning into the US, take maximum action & answer awkward questions later. The met is a disgrace & that officer should never be allowed to handle firearms again. 

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

Feel the context is missing as to why the armed police are running after a lad with 2 dogs, don't get why he second one which was caught by the police was shot.

The second dog was heading for the guy being restrained by three cops. Since both dogs had lunged at the cops already, and had reportedly attacked a woman (which is why the cops were called), unless there’s something else here, I don’t see it as out of line. Tragic, because the guy got the dogs worked up by his behavior, and effectively caused them to be shot. When he was claiming the dogs, if he had stayed calm and let the situation deescalate, the dogs would have been taken alive for evaluation…although his behavior suggests he knows they dogs are a danger.

36 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Sorry, but I don’t think it’s clear he’s done that at all. It looks to me as if he’s trying to calm the dogs until the last moment, then he releases their collars, not unleashed IMO. 

He lets go of the dog and it starts to move towards the police just before it was shot, it's absolutely clear.  He's also not calming the dogs, he's shouting "Fucking do them then".

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A lot of online controversy about an incident in Tower Hamlets, where police officers shot dead two dogs.  Police were called to an incident and confronted a man who had two dogs in his possession.  The man was subsequently tasered and both dogs were shot dead by armed police.  The incident took place in view or a number of flats, occupants filmed the police and many were heard shouting at the police.  Supposedly flowers and other offerings have been left where the two dogs died.  The local MP has tweeted about the incident, expressing her concern.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/police-shoot-dogs-dead-tower-hamlets-london/

The incident the police were called to was that a woman had been attacked by the two dogs who were shot.  

Pretty amazing quote in that LBC article from a witness

Whatever had happened?  Dogs get destroyed all the time when they are acting aggressively or attack people.

Man Kills Dog thread for this pish.