Dog Kills Man

On 09/10/2022 at 03:36, ICTChris said:

Twitter thread about Pitbull attacks and owners from someone who seems to own some Tibetan mastiffs.

Christ, reminds me of about twelve years ago a little girl that my daughter had play dates with was pulled through a loose board in a fence by a pit bull in the neighbors yard…mauled to death at four!

• 3 months later...

A BBC Disclosure documentary was on tonight about dog breeding, worth a watch. A number of the breeders investigated had links to serious crime, most of them weren’t properly licensed or exploited loopholes. Some of the dogs produced were sold for tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds but the breeders also produced horribly deformed animals, including a bulldog with backward feet and another with such a big head they could barely lift it.

The pit bull breeders were exactly as you’d expect, facial tattoos all over the place. 

Edited by ICTChris

On 11/10/2022 at 19:59, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

There's a poster with the dog brands that are to be muzzled in my local park.

And also a gentle reminder not to eat the swans.

20221011_155454.jpg

I was in Dublin 20+ years ago and subjected to a bizarre rant from a taxi driver about how all dem damn Eastern European immigrants were eating all the swans. It’s still a thing then? And is there any idea why Dublin swans so much more tasty than our Brexity versions? 

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A BBC Disclosure documentary was on tonight about dog breeding, worth a watch. A number of the breeders investigated had links to serious crime, most of them weren’t properly licensed or exploited loopholes. Some of the dogs produced were sold for tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds but the breeders also produced horribly deformed animals, including a bulldog with backward feet and another with such a big head they could barely lift it.

The pit bull breeders were exactly as you’d expect, facial tattoos all over the place. 

Aaron Lee seems an upstanding member of the community......

When I was wee our neighbor was a police dog handler. He had a couple of retired ones and they were scary as f**k. I'd usually like big german shepherds but there was just something really wrong about these dogs, I'm convinced they were just mental as a result of trauma or maybe from the police training. Gave us all he usual stuff "they won't touch you, they're big softies really". The guy eventually had to get rid of one of them cause they were getting concerned about how it acted around their kid. 

When it comes to breeds like pitbulls, I just don't understand why anyone wants one (other than to pretend you're as hard as nails). Look at the fucking state of them.

Edited by AuAl

You can watch the programme here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001hl5l

Something has to be done about these animals.  Large scale organised crime are breeding massive, aggressive, genetically damaged animals and selling them for thousands of pounds to people.  Often these animals are mutilated soon after birth.

You can look to the government to update the laws governing this stuff - they probably should although it's very tricky.  What does it say about our shitty society that so many people demand animals like this?  The worlds fucked.

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You can watch the programme here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001hl5l

Something has to be done about these animals.  Large scale organised crime are breeding massive, aggressive, genetically damaged animals and selling them for thousands of pounds to people.  Often these animals are mutilated soon after birth.

You can look to the government to update the laws governing this stuff - they probably should although it's very tricky.  What does it say about our shitty society that so many people demand animals like this?  The worlds fucked.

part in bold for me. if there wasn't a demand then no one would create these animals.

you do have to feel sorry for most of the pups though. very short life expectancy and by the sounds of it a very difficult life when they are alive. legs that can't support your weight for dog must be tough.

5 minutes ago, steelmen said:

part in bold for me. if there wasn't a demand then no one would create these animals.

you do have to feel sorry for most of the pups though. very short life expectancy and by the sounds of it a very difficult life when they are alive. legs that can't support your weight for dog must be tough.

Absolutely - I'm no sentimentalist about animals but the footage of some of the dogs in that programme was heartbreaking.  One was a pitbull born severely disabled, others couldn't lift their heads up properly and some had been deliberately bred with genetic disorders so they had patterns on their skin and coats.

In addition, if you are going to own a large, potentially aggressive dog you need to know what you are doing, you need to have a good environment for that dog, you should be experienced in owning it.  The documentary had footage of the people who owned an XL pitbull that killed a child - in the days leading up to the fatal attack, they were caught on CCTV swaggering around their town with this horrible thing as it snapped at children or passers by.  The only thing they could do to control it was to punch it.   The attack in wrexham at the start of this thread also featured several of these dogs being kept in a relatively small house.  You shouldn't keep a big dog in a small space, let alone a big dog that's potentially very aggressive. 

My sister bread old English and frenchies for a bit. Mum and dad have one of them, he's 10 soon which is old for the bread. He's a softie but isn't the biggest fan of other dogs.

They have incredibly strong jaws so once they attack you've no chance of prising them loose.

My neighbour has one of those XL American bullies. It's head is fucking massive. 

It was staffies for a while, then it was Akita's and huskies and now it's bulldogs that are the favourite if a certain type. If a big dog is then brutalised further as shown in the CCTV then it's not going to help.

The programme was awful, bread to totally cover nose with folds, feet wrong way round etc.

4 y-o killed in Idaho…once again, by dogs keep on the property…

“Official Media release

January 21, 2023

Dog Attack results in death of young boy

Fort Hall - On January 21, 2023 at approximately 5:51 pm, Fort Hall Police were dispatched to a residence on Sandy Road in Fort Hall, Idaho. They were responding to a report of a young boy who had been attacked by multiple dogs and was unconscious.

Fort Hall Police report that the two non-tribal victims involved, a mother and son, were taken to the Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho. The four dogs involved in the attack were two rottweilers and two mixed breeds -- all were put down by tribal authorities. Owners of the dogs, are non-tribal members who own the property where the attacks occurred.

Dog owners were cited for 15 violations of the Tribes’ Animal Ordinance including Vicious Animal Attack, Rabies Vaccination, and Over the Limit of Canine or Feline Pets.

The Fort Hall Business Council would like to offer their sincere condolences to the family of the young man who lost his life in this tragic incident. Vice Chair, Donna Thompson, of the Fort Hall Business Council (FHBC) stated “We would like to ask the public to respect the privacy of the family at this time.” The FHBC would also like to thank the responding emergency agencies and first responders for their quick response.

Fort Hall Criminal Investigators, the FBI, Fort Hall Police, and Fish & Game are conducting an ongoing investigation. This case will be submitted to the United States Attorney to review for potential federal charges.

The Business Council reminds residents that individuals dog owners must comply with the Animal Control Ordinance. Copies of the approved Animal Control Ordinance can be picked up by members of the public from the Administration Office located within the Tribal Business Center in Fort Hall.”