EPL 2022/23

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

English football is weird, fans of mid-table clubs wanting their manager sacked for being mid-table, off the back of a run where they drew at home to City, beat Southampton and then had two away draws.

See Hibs, Dundee Utd etc

*The above comment is by no means a defence of The Barclays.

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

English football is weird, fans of mid-table clubs wanting their manager sacked for being mid-table

Probably deluded into thinking they will get some top money foreign coach but actually end up with the available for free Steve Bruce

Edited by bdu98196

19 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Good strike by Old Ashley Young. 

It was a cracker but I see Dean Henderson, the greatest goalkeeper there's ever been and ever will be*, is apparently building up a reputation for conceding shots from outside the box. Think it's six games in a row it's happened and ten in total this season. Lots more pitch thumping to come I expect.

*If doubting this fact, just ask him and he'll confirm it. 

30 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

It was a cracker but I see Dean Henderson, the greatest goalkeeper there's ever been and ever will be*, is apparently building up a reputation for conceding shots from outside the box. Think it's six games in a row it's happened and ten in total this season. Lots more pitch thumping to come I expect.

*If doubting this fact, just ask him and he'll confirm it. 

Think it might actually have been six before yesterday and is now seven? Either way, Henderson is looking a bit foolish now and is certainly not going to force his way into the plans of Ten Haag or Southgate on this form.

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

English football is weird, fans of mid-table clubs wanting their manager sacked for being mid-table, off the back of a run where they drew at home to City, beat Southampton and then had two away draws.

I do have a certain amount of sympathy with them as fans recognise bad performances, and Gerrard seems to be making every player worse. See Coutinho when he arrived versus now. Taking him and Digne on huge long term deals looks particularly bad business. He also publicly called out his captain which is a bit odd, and it's not as if he has any success at Villa he can fall back on.

On their forum they want to bring Pochettino in, so no doubt they're deluded (special mention to those who think Pochettino isn't good enough).

On 10/10/2022 at 21:58, Bully Wee Villa said:

I would never have appointed him in the first place and he's done nothing to change my mind, so definitely.

They seemed to have held his achievement of winning a league with one of the biggest budgets in that league - while their only competitors made an arse of their league campaign - in too high a regard. Shame.

43 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

They seemed to have held his achievement of winning a league with one of the biggest budgets in that league - while their only competitors made an arse of their league campaign - in too high a regard. Shame.

A late fellow ex-Rangers manager was like that too in the Barclays.  Walter someone.