EPL 2022/23

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Is Karius fit?

He wasn't on the bench in the EFL cup, it was Darlow who is now out on loan.

I don't know, I'm just looking at a list of senior goalies on Newcastle's books and after Pope and Dubravka it's Karius and Gillespie next.  Either way Pope's moment of madness has given Eddie Howe a major headache

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I don't know, I'm just looking at a list of senior goalies on Newcastle's books and after Pope and Dubravka it's Karius and Gillespie next.  Either way Pope's moment of madness has given Eddie Howe a major headache

Jude Smith might get on the bench at this rate

57 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The defending from Rodri for that Forest equaliser is one of the worst pieces of play I've seen from a player at any level. He just stops and stands still watching a forward running at him at full tilt.

Indeed.

The bold Pep telling the world City played "perfectly" today. 

Aye right.

5 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I can forgive the handball. When you look at it, he's just reacted completely instinctively to grab at the ball.

The decision to head it in the first place though was completely insane. Just boot the f*cker into touch.

Eddie Howe's mewling about the slippery surface and the injustice of Pope not playing in the cup final is about as pathetic on its own as his twelve months of apologising for the butchers who own his football club. 

7 hours ago, Bodie said:

Take it he misses the cup final then. 

7 hours ago, The Master said:

That’s what they were saying on Sky. And Dúbravka is cup-tied. 

I know it's the League Cup, but I really don't like that a red card in a league game (for anything other than violent conduct / serious foul play) leads to you being suspended for a game in a different competition.

Especially so when you consider Bruno Guimarães who was sent off in the Semi Final for SFP can play in the Final.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Eddie Howe's mewling about the slippery surface and the injustice of Pope not playing in the cup final is about as pathetic on its own as his twelve months of apologising for the butchers who own his football club. 

I think there's a point to be made about the inconsistency in how suspensions work for different competitions but yeah, it was about the clearest red card you'll ever see.