There was a coo

9 hours ago, PELE said:

I reckon it's about 60/40 that the game will go ahead. Frosty but not frozen yet.

Just had the standard game day tweet from the club, no mention of the weather so hopefully a good sign.  How is it in Cowdenbeath this morning?

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just had the standard game day tweet from the club, no mention of the weather so hopefully a good sign.  How is it in Cowdenbeath this morning?

If the barometer is my garden, it’s all good 👍 

39 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Honking first half, a number of awful defensive blunders one of which led to the first goal.

Outfought by them again, the team look a bit intimidated by Bo’ness to be honest. No complaints.

Looks like it's two steps forward and three back. 

2 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Well that appeared to be a crap day at the office.

Really poor today. Boness much more physical than us. Although felt we were better in the second half and matched them.

Disappointing day at the office compared to our recent form 

The biggest disappointment was the performance with another few extra people turning up for the game. Always happens!

The team battled away but Bo'ness know how to win games. Missed Ewan through the middle today and would love to see Robbie back in the midfield. Unfortunately Bo'ness seem to be a team we struggle against.

The referee performance today was comical at times for both teams.

No complaints at all, second half was a bit better, looked like a sitter of a header missed about 10 from the end (we were in the stand at the other end, so apologies if it wasn’t as easy as it looked) if that had gone in could have been interesting.

Very good support from Bo’ness and they seemed a decent bunch.

Left a couple of minutes from the end which is something I hardly ever do, a meh afternoon.

27 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

No complaints at all, second half was a bit better, looked like a sitter of a header missed about 10 from the end (we were in the stand at the other end, so apologies if it wasn’t as easy as it looked) if that had gone in could have been interesting.

Very good support from Bo’ness and they seemed a decent bunch.

Left a couple of minutes from the end which is something I hardly ever do, a meh afternoon.

Same here not left before full time for a while.

No complaints from me either the better team won.

If we are serious about our ambitions we need to learn how to beat all teams in this league. As I said though felt we matched them second half and played better second half but shame we didn't play like that for 90 minutes.

Really poor goals conceded too 

Hugely disappointed in our first half performance today. I think Callum got it all wrong to begin with against a very well organised and efficient side. I think the triple substitution at half time backs this viewpoint. First goal was well taken but both goals were so preventable it was unreal.

Second half was far more enjoyable and competitive but we just couldn't find a goal, even when gifted on a plate for Ewan with around 15 minutes remaining.

Absolutely no complaints about the end result. Very much an excellent team effort from Boness throughout. 

We really miss McNab in the middle of the park too.

53 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Hugely disappointed in our first half performance today. I think Callum got it all wrong to begin with against a very well organised and efficient side. I think the triple substitution at half time backs this viewpoint. First goal was well taken but both goals were so preventable it was unreal.

Second half was far more enjoyable and competitive but we just couldn't find a goal, even when gifted on a plate for Ewan with around 15 minutes remaining.

Absolutely no complaints about the end result. Very much an excellent team effort from Boness throughout. 

We really miss McNab in the middle of the park too.

Bo’ness are a difficult side to play against. They know how they want to play and execute their game plan in a structured and disciplined manner. Sounds like Cowdenbeath didn’t match this until it was too late. It’s a very competitive league from top to near bottom. Gretna missed out on 3 points against Celtic in midweek

Just now, Grandmas Enigma said:

Bo’ness are a difficult side to play against. They know how they want to play and execute their game plan in a structured and disciplined manner. Sounds like Cowdenbeath didn’t match this until it was too late. It’s a very competitive league from top to near bottom. Gretna missed out on 3 points against Celtic in midweek

Bo’ness defence were excellent today