There was a coo

1 hour ago, Blueminer said:

With all the positivity surrounding our cup campaign after 4 excellent performances against tough opposition maybe it’s time for the club to highlight the CISS again on social media/local press and get a few more people signed up💙

Totally agree. There will be something posted again soon. 

Membership is going OK. We have over 50 signed up but only 30 so far commenced payments. There was 70+ initially interested so hopefully can get them on board.

I'm sure all Cowden fans will be trusting Callum with any additional spend.

image.thumb.png.e5e76ae76c6960e49c138b329a9eb4ff.png

Edited by silkybeath

The penalty claim is a clear hand ball although there’s no intent to handle it. It’s 1 of those that get given often but if it’s given against you it’s gutting as the ball is going out harmlessly and it’s not deliberate handball. Over the 4 group games it’s fair to say Cowden haven’t had the breaks with the referee decisions. 
All the squad should be proud apart from Smith. Assistant manager should hang his head in shame. Crazy decision making on his part for both cards, especially the 2nd when aware already got a yellow. 
9 will need better support in the league games but would expect that to happen against a more even level of opponent. 
Would be concerned if I was a St Mirren fan, not up to much at all offensively and a few ropey moments at the back. The keeper was extremely lucky his charged down clearance spun the other side of the post first half.

2 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

The penalty claim is a clear hand ball although there’s no intent to handle it. It’s 1 of those that get given often but if it’s given against you it’s gutting as the ball is going out harmlessly and it’s not deliberate handball. Over the 4 group games it’s fair to say Cowden haven’t had the breaks with the referee decisions. 
All the squad should be proud apart from Smith. Assistant manager should hang his head in shame. Crazy decision making on his part for both cards, especially the 2nd when aware already got a yellow. 
9 will need better support in the league games but would expect that to happen against a more even level of opponent. 
Would be concerned if I was a St Mirren fan, not up to much at all offensively and a few ropey moments at the back. The keeper was extremely lucky his charged down clearance spun the other side of the post first half.

I thought St Mirren got lucky with the charged down clearance . Apart from that Cowdenbeath caused problems without being a massive gosl threat . St Mirren were poor and played with very little shape , no midfield.  Also thought Cowdenbeath were unlucky , thought Saints probably just deserved their win . Thought Cowdenbeath were well organised.  Good luck for the season .

Edited by MenstrieSaint

To be clear, I don't think we deserved to win the game. As Calum said in his interview, we rode our luck at times (we had to obviously) but the way in which we lost the goal and the game was a sickener. We were getting pounded at that point and the keeper made an excellent save from a decent shot but the ball could have went anywhere else but to the feet of the only man with legs within a 20ft radius, nice finish too.

Ah well - plenty to be optimistic about. Can already see our squad is night and day from this point last season. Roll on the season opener.

6 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

I think he was harshly treated for the 2nd yellow, the boy went down in front of him and he tried to jump over him at the same time the guy decided to roll over in a bit of play acting which ended with Smiths foot landing on him.

7 hours ago, silkybeath said:

Totally agree. There will be something posted again soon. 

Membership is going OK. We have over 50 signed up but only 30 so far commenced payments. There was 70+ initially interested so hopefully can get them on board.

I'm sure all Cowden fans will be trusting Callum with any additional spend.

image.thumb.png.e5e76ae76c6960e49c138b329a9eb4ff.png

Be good to get a publicity drive going when things are so positive at the moment, though I am sure the ‘feel good’ is not temporary and we are in for a decent season.

Hopefully the first payments for a lot of people will start flowing in soon, and some more people will sign up, it’s vital that the numbers do increase.  A steady increase in momentum is no bad thing.

I suppose a lot of people do already contribute to the draws and fund raising that is in place already, and it was correct to say that the funds really need to be ‘new’ and not diverted from another scheme already in place. Times are tough though still for some, no doubt about it.

The new logo looks great. 👍

Edited by Cowdenleith

18 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I think he was harshly treated for the 2nd yellow, the boy went down in front of him and he tried to jump over him at the same time the guy decided to roll over in a bit of play acting which ended with Smiths foot landing on him.

It did look like the defender made a meal of it, from rolling around in agony holding his back, he was up sharpish once the red card was waved.

I will be signing up this week to the supporters trust  for sure. All I have wanted to see is a team with hunger, motivation and pride in wearing the Cowdenbeath strip. We seem to have that again at long last , along with a manager who  knows how to sign players who are up to the task at this level and who has the ability to get the best out of them. You can see a real team spirit in this group as well as dig and leadership by example on the pitch. So refreshing to see again and a total breath of fresh air. 
Don’t think any of us are expecting miracles after so many disappointing seasons but I’m actually looking forward to coming along to games again. 
Keep up the great work we are all seeing. 

Edited to add ; I hope that we can keep Dougie Hill on a longer term contract if finances allow and he can maintain his fitness. A real asset to the team with a lot of experience. A true Cowden legend in my opinion. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

6 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

I will be signing up this week to the supporters trust  for sure. All I have wanted to see is a team with hunger, motivation and pride in wearing the Cowdenbeath strip. We seem to have that again at long last , along with a manager who  knows how to sign players who are up to the task at this level and who has the ability to get the best out of them. You can see a real team spirit in this group as well as dig and leadership by example on the pitch. So refreshing to see again and a total breath of fresh air. 
Don’t think any of us are expecting miracles after so many disappointing seasons but I’m actually looking forward to coming along to games again. 
Keep up the great work we are all seeing. 

Edited to add ; I hope that we can keep Dougie Hill on a longer term contract if finances allow and he can maintain his fitness. A real asset to the team with a lot of experience. A true Cowden legend in my opinion. 

I’ve seen a few folk like you who got pissed off and stopped going returning over the last few weeks.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Was going to post that at least they don't have to worry about another upstart club locally taking their glory hunters away but then it dawned on me that Kelty is only a hop, skip and a jump away.

No doubt some folk from Cowdenbeath have gone to games up the road.

No so sure about long termers but no doubt some who watched us in the Championship.  

40 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

So where do Cowdenbeath fans expect their team to finish......top 4, bottom 4 or comfortably in the middle ? 

I imagine we're all expecting to be one of the higher up sides in the division.  We're yet to face a team at this level but I'd be disappointed if we aren't in the top 2 or 3 non Colt teams.