There was a coo

52 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

So where do Cowdenbeath fans expect their team to finish......top 4, bottom 4 or comfortably in the middle ? 

You’re always keen to ask where other teams feel they will finish. So let’s have your prediction on where you think B.U. will finish this season. I’d imagine with the good start you’ve had it’ll be up there. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

So where do Cowdenbeath fans expect their team to finish......top 4, bottom 4 or comfortably in the middle ? 

After the strong start against teams way higher up the pyramid, and given a bit of luck with injuries, I don’t think top 6 is unreasonable.

That being said, there have been a few teams started strongly, like yourselves, so it could be a helluva competitive season.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

(excluding b-teams) Hopefully 5th onwards, just above BU's ;) 

From the pre-season/league cup there is every reason to be excited, but,the Lowland is going to be a lot tougher than last year.

First 2 fixtures are against teams we picked up 0 points from the last campaign, so this will be a good indicator.

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Was going to post that at least they don't have to worry about another upstart club locally taking their glory hunters away but then it dawned on me that Kelty is only a hop, skip and a jump away.

Pretty sure people from Kelty used to watch Cowdenbeath play before Kelty started to go up the leagues.

4 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

(excluding b-teams) Hopefully 5th onwards, just above BU's ;) 

From the pre-season/league cup there is every reason to be excited, but,the Lowland is going to be a lot tougher than last year.

First 2 fixtures are against teams we picked up 0 points from the last campaign, so this will be a good indicator.

Why exclude the B teams they arn't going away! hopefully a top half finish (with B teams😀).

22 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Where do Hearts B play their games?

Notice Cowden are away to them on a Friday night soon.

Yeah, two weeks tonight, damn handy for me. 😀

Edit: pretty handy for fans coming over from Cowdenbeath as well, much quicker than Rosewell in Midlothian where they were last year.

Edited by Cowdenleith

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, two weeks tonight, damn handy for me. 😀

Edit: pretty handy for fans coming over from Cowdenbeath as well, much quicker than Rosewell in Midlothian where they were last year.

It is handier.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Why exclude the B teams they arn't going away! hopefully a top half finish (with B teams😀).

One of them has already gone away, the other 2 will likely go away at the end of this season, which would be great for the league. Also, these teams should never been regarded as legitimate teams in the league so it's only right to not count them.

20 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Thanks

I note they have made a good start to their league campaign  as well

They have hardly made any signings so will be interesting to see how they get on and gauge difference between L2 and LL. I think the gap is narrowing every season.

11 minutes ago, Marten said:

One of them has already gone away, the other 2 will likely go away at the end of this season, which would be great for the league. Also, these teams should never been regarded as legitimate teams in the league so it's only right to not count them.

I was meaning this season. If each team is playing them twice you have to count them. I don't want them there but like a lot of other things you get stuck with which you don't want.

26 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

They have hardly made any signings so will be interesting to see how they get on and gauge difference between L2 and LL. I think the gap is narrowing every season.

Sorry bud I was talking about Hearts B, although Spartans have started well also. 

9 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Sorry bud I was talking about Hearts B, although Spartans have started well also. 

They will fall away apparently when they were 3 up on Tuesday it didn't reflect the game, while Gretna appear to be poor. 

42 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

They will fall away apparently when they were 3 up on Tuesday it didn't reflect the game, while Gretna appear to be poor. 

Well they were a weak side last season so would expect so unless they have improved the team significantly. The team they had out at Central Park last season was like a schoolboy team and it was a game of men v boys.