There was a coo

1 minute ago, iateallthepies said:

What a start. A full blown injury crisis after just one game. Good to see the players following my advice about not picking up cards. On a perfect day for spectating only 281 is a bit worrying because Tranent brought a few with them. A pity because they missed an entertaining game. On the plus side all the new signings looked decent and a good effort by the players to rescue a point.

Yeah I was very disappointed in the size of the home crowd, was expecting 100 more than that.

It’s quite disheartening for the first game on a decent day weather wise, with all the hard work that the squad of volunteers do to keep the club going.  Honestly don’t know what more can be done, other than maybe a wee bit more publicity at times, though not sure it would make all that much difference. 

I suppose there may be some people still on holiday at the moment, but it’s quite weird that we had a bigger crowd on a cold, windy Friday night against Hearts B with few away fans that we did today. Maybe need to switch to Fridays. 😬

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah I was very disappointed in the size of the home crowd, was expecting 100 more than that.

It’s quite disheartening for the first game on a decent day weather wise, with all the hard work that the squad of volunteers do to keep the club going.  Honestly don’t know what more can be done, other than maybe a wee bit more publicity at times, though not sure it would make all that much difference. 

I suppose there may be some people still on holiday at the moment, but it’s quite weird that we had a bigger crowd on a cold, windy Friday night against Hearts B with few away fans that we did today. Maybe need to switch to Fridays. 😬

Its the middle of the traditional Fife fortnight people will still be away.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Its the middle of the traditional Fife fortnight people will still be away.

Ah right, being an Edinburgh boy I didn’t realise that, as our ‘trades’ is right at the start of the month. That would have some bearing.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Ah right, being an Edinburgh boy I didn’t realise that, as our ‘trades’ is right at the start of the month. That would have some bearing.

Aye Fife is always after yours, same time as the weegies.

I’m getting really worried about the squad size just now and the amount of injuries we have will there be another few loan deals coming or signed players?

but other than that really happy with the performance we displayed today cowden Saturdays are back 

Were Ethan Kerr and Sean Guiney both injured today?

Edit: Meant to say in earlier post, from afar the pitch looked in great condition today, full credit to the groundsman and staff.

Edited by Cowdenleith

37 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Were Ethan Kerr and Sean Guiney both injured today?

Edit: Meant to say in earlier post, from afar the pitch looked in great condition today, full credit to the groundsman and staff.

Ethan was carrying a knock , and Guiney is still awaiting registration due to this new system delay 

As someone has said Ethan should be back Tuesday. Paul Mclean can play Tuesday also.

We will have some players missing Tuesday for sure. Squad size is,/was always going to run smaller due to budget restrictions and trying to get best quality we can with what money available. Always said need luck and robust guys. Can't underestimate players who can churn out sat/tue/sat tue.

Positive performances and positive result in my opinion today due to 1 player pulling out during warm up and a striker coming off after 20 mins and daryl not really 100% yet but put in a selfless performance for the team.

Jack denham had his best game and continues to improve under stewardship of Dougie.

Big game for the club Tuesday and hopefully fans can come our and help the boys along as its going to be tough with a limited squad this early.

Mon the cowden

23 minutes ago, onecowden said:

I must also mention the pitch. It’s in really good condition. Bumpless. Well done to all involved. 

He's thought that too, best it's been for years.The amount of work which has been done shouldn't be underestimated.

Well done to all concerned.

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, agree with the above posts, thought a draw was a fair result over the piece, Tranent are a quality side with strength in depth.

We did play some really nice stuff at times, just hope we can field a team on Tuesday night.

Like to see the sending off again, thought it was a bit harsh in real time, but obviously a cynical foul, then again i wasn’t sure about our penalty either, though there didn’t seem to be massive protests from the Tranent players which is often a sign.

Wasn't a red card. Two players going for the same ball. Whoever got there second was always going to get sent off.

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

As someone has said Ethan should be back Tuesday. Paul Mclean can play Tuesday also.

We will have some players missing Tuesday for sure. Squad size is,/was always going to run smaller due to budget restrictions and trying to get best quality we can with what money available. Always said need luck and robust guys. Can't underestimate players who can churn out sat/tue/sat tue.

Positive performances and positive result in my opinion today due to 1 player pulling out during warm up and a striker coming off after 20 mins and daryl not really 100% yet but put in a selfless performance for the team.

Jack denham had his best game and continues to improve under stewardship of Dougie.

Big game for the club Tuesday and hopefully fans can come our and help the boys along as its going to be tough with a limited squad this early.

Mon the cowden

Looking forward to the game on Tuesday. I believe it’s a chance to progress in a Cup competition. I personally enjoy the summer evening games. Hopefully we don’t have too many injuries. 

Good interview with Dougie Hill after the game, he comes across very well.

Sounds like Greg’s injury maybe a bit longer term, but Jake should be back for Saturday he hoped, Tuesday will come too soon for him.

Also Ethan Kerr should be in squad any time now and Sean Guiney they are just waiting on the paperwork being sorted (what a farce this new system has been).

Just seen the highlights.

Hard to see from the angle but there's an argument to be had about the number 17 being in an offside position for Tranent's 2nd goal (lovely strike) and interfering with play.

Not that it matters now and certainly a tough call from any officials without the use of VAR, especially with the standard at this level.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Just seen the highlights.

Hard to see from the angle but there's an argument to be had about the number 17 being in an offside position for Tranent's 2nd goal (lovely strike) and interfering with play.

Not that it matters now and certainly a tough call from any officials without the use of VAR, especially with the standard at this level.

Looks onside to me...

cow.JPG

On 27/07/2024 at 20:20, Cowdenleith said:

Aye surprised at that, there was 224 at the Haws game just up the road which was a fairly healthy attendance. 

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cooden said:

As clear as mud. Think you posted the wrong photo.

Which part are you struggling with? No Tranent player is in an offside position.