There was a coo

Been very quiet on here last few days, in fact the whole Lowland League section seems to have gone to sleep. 😀

Tomorrow is going to be tough, no doubt about that, but EK are not unbeatable as Cumbernauld proved, and East Stirling got a draw in a cup game with them midweek, though lost on penalties.

How do we approach this, more cautiously perhaps and pack the midfield? I don’t know as I’m clearly no manager, I reckon Dougie and the coaches will have a cunning plan up their sleeve. 

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Been very quiet on here last few days, in fact the whole Lowland League section seems to have gone to sleep. 😀

Tomorrow is going to be tough, no doubt about that, but EK are not unbeatable as Cumbernauld proved, and East Stirling got a draw in a cup game with them midweek, though lost on penalties.

How do we approach this, more cautiously perhaps and pack the midfield? I don’t know as I’m clearly no manager, I reckon Dougie and the coaches will have a cunning plan up their sleeve. 

Looking forward to it and hopefully a good turnout from fans.

Our teams mentality this season has been very encouraging despite the setbacks of injuries. We shouldn't be fearing East Kilbride or anyone in this league as you mention others have beaten them this season and I honestly don't think they will win the league this season in my opinion.

Hoping for a very good competitive game tomorrow which will be a tough game but we are capable of getting a result 

Club bar opens 2pm and open after the game to mix with players and club officials.

The first half is exactly why I wanted EK to win promotion and get out the league. No way would Stranraer have been as strong had they come down.

They have a huge amount of possession, and eventually it’s going to tell, though both goals were as a result of daft free kicks given away. First one looked the like the wall didn’t do its job at all.

Hard to see a way back for us really, but today won’t define anything so not too worried.

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The first half is exactly why I wanted EK to win promotion and get out the league. No way would Stranraer have been as strong had they come down.

They have a huge amount of possession, and eventually it’s going to tell, though both goals were as a result of daft free kicks given away. First one looked the like the wall didn’t do its job at all.

Hard to see a way back for us really, but today won’t define anything so not too worried.

Could start by putting someone on the EK right back. He is getting every out ball from the keeper and gets to the half way unopposed amateur stuff 

Thought we played a bit better second half. Got gifted a goal out of nowhere and then had a decent wee spell and probably should have equalised, but EK put it to bed with a quick double.

We’ll not be the last to ship at least 4 goals to them, just need to file that one away and move on.

Agree we want EK out of this league. With a squad full of div one level players they were just too good for us. Mind you the two free kick goals we conceded were poor and the referee gave us nothing and he simply abdicated his responsibility by not showing a second yellow to the  E K defender at the start of the second half. The player was immediately subbed which tells a story. Mick living up to his reputation by twice booting over  the water bottle holder. How they failed to beat Stranraer is a mystery to me.

Just to confirm, it was not Mick that kicked the bottles.  

Neither did he shoot JFK, kill Santa, or Bambi.  He has his faults,  but he is 100% committed. Glad he is on my team. 

17 minutes ago, ekok said:

Neither did he shoot JFK, kill Santa, or Bambi.  He has his faults,  but he is 100% committed. Glad he is on my team. 

So you should be given the dosh he pumps in !

2 hours ago, ekok said:

I think he gets a raw deal to be honest, but he isn’t helped by the 2 neds on the bench, Ferry and the GK coach.

Nearly forgot it’s the draw for the 3rd round of the SPFL trust trophy today. Live on their website at 3pm.

Be nice to get a local bigger team home or away, hopefully not Stranraer or Queen of the South away. 🤣

Just now, JCScouting said:

Home tie against Greenock Morton. Happy with that or would you have preferred a different tie?

Best would have been a local derby home or away, but failing that I think most would be happy with a home draw against a team a few levels up.

Not going to be a massive crowd, but may get more than usual and a couple of away fans. 

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Best would have been a local derby home or away, but failing that I think most would be happy with a home draw against a team a few levels up.

Not going to be a massive crowd, but may get more than usual and a couple of away fans. 

Home tie will suit the club instead of having to make the trek to the West coast forking out for buses, hotel etc. 

Greenock not at their best either. Few players return from injury for yourselves and could easily snatch a win.

2 hours ago, JCScouting said:

Home tie will suit the club instead of having to make the trek to the West coast forking out for buses, hotel etc. 

Greenock not at their best either. Few players return from injury for yourselves and could easily snatch a win.

Yeah, would have thought everyone would be happy not to be heading to one of the further flung outposts, even though it’s on a Saturday and not midweek. 

I suppose it depends on how seriously Morton take this, they may consider the money for getting further on in the competition useful, so won’t want to underestimate us, I expect they will have a decent core of their first team squad.

2 hours ago, JCScouting said:

When were Morton last at their best? 70s or 80’s? 

6 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

When were Morton last at their best? 70s or 80’s? 

Morton won’t have to be at their best to beat us. Let’s be realistic. They’re a championship club who are full time. It’s football and shocks happen but if we were to win it would be exactly that.