The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

6 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

You've made it! 

Lots of hot takes on the push for the Premier League, wild theories about club ownership/being a newco (weird that Rangers fans are interested in that eh?), also one or two suggesting that Queens Park would be in cahoots with Celtic when it comes to voting on various SPFL issues, solely there for any veto that Celtic might wish to enforce. Not footballing purposes. 

Queens Park and the Premier League | FollowFollow.com

😂 Brilliant link - cheers Northsea! 🤣  Some grade one idiots in that forum.

20 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

My calculations say 784 seats there, with what looks like a section for wheelchairs towards the right.

The accessible area for wheelchair users is the platform circled below. Having this at the back and raised has resulted in improved viewing for the handful of people, if any, who would use it whilst creating restricted viewing for 50 seats around it. We’ve built a brand new cantilevered stand with no support columns and still managed to limit the viewing for 5% of the capacity.

Conversely, the concourse/walkway runs along the back façade and the lowest row of seats sits on the concrete base rather than the first step up.

The stand faces the West, where the prevailing weather in Scotland comes from, and has no projection on the roofline beyond the spectator area. On wet and windy days almost everyone will get soaked.

This level of fuckuppery is entirely consistent with the rest of the design/construction. But the pitch looks braw. Good enough for a Celtic B team perhaps.

1D23C4D1-C0C3-4FD6-BDFF-23F0BBF0B93E.jpeg.b4d37ce09beb7a2d97a478bfff5b6f3a.jpeg

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

9 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

I know that the consensus on here is that nobody really knows what would happen with your stadium situation if you got promoted… But I went a walk earlier by Lesser for the first time in a while, and I can’t believe how small it’s going to be. I mean, I knew what the capacity is going to be, but it seems like a huge waste of time and money considering the ambition is to play in the Premiership eventually? I do love the fact that Lesser is being redeveloped and you’ll have a stadium fit for your home support, maybe the case you’d play elsewhere for games against Rangers and Celtic? I’m looking forward to our game in February, should be a tasty one! 

DBD99595-5A9C-4CDB-8A8B-20F2A1570F31.jpeg

2EE2DCE7-80AC-486A-BF80-4B4DA9DF8FC5.jpeg

Safe to say our Friday night match in a few weeks isn't going to be played there lol

9 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

If we get promoted and that's a big if the stadium is clearly too small. A ground share with St Mirren would be a better bet.

It would probably be Airdrie or Hamilton, two closest grounds to Hampden which are astro cause lets face it after the Partick situation no club with a grass pitch would entertain a groundshare, especially at Premiership level. Surprised you never went to Airdrie this season tbh, closer than Stenny and capacity would be no issue there with 10,000 seats. 

The way things are going the only use for that stadium is going to be as a training ground and a stadium for your academy to play and women's team (if you have one) and need to build another more sensible sized ground somewhere else. 

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

It would probably be Airdrie or Hamilton, two closest grounds to Hampden which are astro cause lets face it after the Partick situation no club with a grass pitch would entertain a groundshare, especially at Premiership level. Surprised you never went to Airdrie this season tbh, closer than Stenny and capacity would be no issue there with 10,000 seats. 

Neither was available and I'm not sure that's likely to change. Airdrie is also used by Celtic B, Celtic women, and Glasgow University. I think Hamilton might have been considered but Clyde are using it now, and I believe they've signed a fairly long term lease.

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

The way things are going the only use for that stadium is going to be as a training ground and a stadium for your academy to play and women's team (if you have one) and need to build another more sensible sized ground somewhere else. 

It'll be fine when the money dries up and they're back in L2.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

A few years ago when the negotiations were going on with the SFA, something not mentioned now but we allowed ourselves to get humped there too, a few enlightened folks on here held the view that the best thing for the club would have been to sell Hampden for residential development, buy Cathkin Park (which was the second Hampden)and rebuild that into a new fit-for-purpose stadium. The committee never showed any ambition for that level of involvement. They are volunteers after all and had jobs and families etc.

Given the performance and abject failure by any measure - time, budget, quality - in trying to refurbish Lesser (no complicated planning applications, no dealing with land pirates) it’s a good thing they didn’t attempt a proper development rather than just adjusting the existing.

You look at the Premiership and it can safely be said that 10/12 of those clubs could bring at least 500 away fans. I'd say the majority could even bring at least 1000 given the novelty of visiting a new ground and having an away day in Glasgow. Whatever QP's current plans are for the other stands, scrap em and make bigger ones. Piddly wee 3 row stands won't suffice at Championship level, never mind the top flight.

Considering the success of development work so far you wouldn't trust them to do it quickly, but throwing a terrace behind each goal could add a couple of thousand to the capacity. There is no reason to have an all-seater stadium and it's the only way to get the capacity to a reasonable level within the space available.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Considering the success of development work so far you wouldn't trust them to do it quickly, but throwing a terrace behind each goal could add a couple of thousand to the capacity. There is no reason to have an all-seater stadium and it's the only way to get the capacity to a reasonable level within the space available.

Supporters want a standing area but if you don't wear a wee QP tie on match day you can f**k off :) 

Does anyone know when SPFL are likely to announce Championship Player of the Month for December. I feel Murray or Savoury have to be in the mix. Only played 2 games in December but they both got 3 goals each. 

Owen Coyle might even get Manager of the Month? 6 points from 6 and 8 for; 1 against. Although that’ll probably go to McCall. 

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Supporters want a standing area but if you don't wear a wee QP tie on match day you can f**k off :) 

Pretty much. Not suggesting that the fans should be designing the stadium, but we are the ones who are going to be using it all the time. Even just a short consultation on what folk wanted to see within the stadium would at least have shown a pretence that supporters mattered. 

It would be a huge mistake for the folk who’ve bungled this off the park to think the on-field stuff gets them off the hook. It absolutely does not. A club not rooted within its local community is not a properly functioning football club. They can point at anything they want, but a club playing 30 miles away is not a club rooted within its community. Leeann Dempster is not presiding over a properly functioning football club. 

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

You look at the Premiership and it can safely be said that 10/12 of those clubs could bring at least 500 away fans. I'd say the majority could even bring at least 1000 given the novelty of visiting a new ground and having an away day in Glasgow. Whatever QP's current plans are for the other stands, scrap em and make bigger ones. Piddly wee 3 row stands won't suffice at Championship level, never mind the top flight.

The south stand, which is an integral design connecting to the East Stand, was specifically for Away fans and houses 500. Same poor seating plan, thougharguably worse behind a goal. 

It’s important we keep the debate going on PnB. The trend seems to be we flag up all the mistakes, the committee read and share with El Presidente and then we get an e mail update with all his good ideas that coincides with the fans’ good ideas. 

If there’s ever another biblical flood I hope to all the gods that our committee aren’t asked to build the ark.

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Nah! Apparently all you do is fold your company, cheat all your debtors and local businesses, start a new company and go again. I’m told you can get away with it at least a couple of times.

Well, Mr Haughey was involved with Livingston FC at one time... :whistle

41 minutes ago, an86 said:

Pretty much. Not suggesting that the fans should be designing the stadium, but we are the ones who are going to be using it all the time. Even just a short consultation on what folk wanted to see within the stadium would at least have shown a pretence that supporters mattered. 

It would be a huge mistake for the folk who’ve bungled this off the park to think the on-field stuff gets them off the hook. It absolutely does not. A club not rooted within its local community is not a properly functioning football club. They can point at anything they want, but a club playing 30 miles away is not a club rooted within its community. Leeann Dempster is not presiding over a properly functioning football club. 

I remember fan consultation at a few meetings and supporters raising the point about standing. I can accept a crackin all seater stadium and standing being ignored to make it look right or just any other reasonable justifiable reason. When the 40 seater royal box thing started though it soured me completely and my attitude was shove it up yer arse. A small section for supporters that travel home and away week in week out really wasn't an unfair request.

33 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

I think there was a standing area planned in both the East and South Stands (not particularly big though).

I recall a standing back row was proposed which was an awful design and never seen anywhere, but they scrapped that as well. 

People enjoy difference experience's the fitba. Some people sit, others stand. Some are quiet, others sing and like a shout. I thought it was wise for the club to take a forward step and organise a place for standing singing supporters. Instead, the stadium is very small and probably wont fit all home and away fans. People will be spread about and be forced to sit in their allocated seat. This will 100% reduce the match day experience for fans and players won't get as many chants. This is why big clubs get involved with fans to arrange these things. 

We are starting to have a winning player and coach mentality with a community bowling club governance team.  

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Neither was available and I'm not sure that's likely to change. Airdrie is also used by Celtic B, Celtic women, and Glasgow University. I think Hamilton might have been considered but Clyde are using it now, and I believe they've signed a fairly long term lease.

Even Broadwood surely could be a contender since Clyde got booted out of it basically

49 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The south stand, which is an integral design connecting to the East Stand, was specifically for Away fans and houses 500. Same poor seating plan, thougharguably worse behind a goal. 

It’s important we keep the debate going on PnB. The trend seems to be we flag up all the mistakes, the committee read and share with El Presidente and then we get an e mail update with all his good ideas that coincides with the fans’ good ideas. 

If there’s ever another biblical flood I hope to all the gods that our committee aren’t asked to build the ark.

Jesus that's a dangerous precedent someone from the club reading P&B lol