The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 13/05/2023 at 09:58, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I don’t know why, but the human brain has a way of recycling good memories and burying the bad ones. No one remembers what they had for school dinners, but they remember the pals they sat with. This pain will go away. What I’m more concerned about is this pain is as good as it ever gets. 

Despite tacit remarks of things “in writing” we’ll never really know what will happen if Haughey has an early exit until it happens. His wife, Lord Lieutenant of Lanarkshire no less, has her own interests and I’ve never seen her at a game. His son lives in Geneva and his main interest is music and productions. So the Mileson scenario isn’t completely impossible. The Foundation and Lochinch are all big commitments and offer stability, but still need to be paid for over years to come. For balance, Haughey has intimated his ten-year limit (echoes of his old pal Fergus McCann) but what if he doesn’t make it that fa, physically or mentally? What do we have “in writing” to cover that scenario? 

By all accounts, including senior officers at the club, the whole Premiership/Europe chatter began when Haughey was pressing people to think bigger and reach for the stars. Intimidated by his stature, they quickly got into line. Whilst most fans thought this was just aspirational nonsense, the CEO seemed to think it was now her business plan. The original aspirations expressed to Members before the vote was fired in the bin. Evolution, or were we duped?

So I hope that while the coaching staff and the Director of Football have a reset about just exactly what are the first team’s objectives are for next season - because if you don’t have that clear, everything else you do will be fruitless - and then establish their plan for growth from that and, critically, make sure it sits within the clubs plan. A real one, not the fairy tale Dempster version, built on hope and dreams at the behest of the benefactor.The collapse this season is because we have run the first team in exactly the opposite direction of that. We started with survival and got swept away on a raft when dazzled by the sun. 

So, we’ve already been given a very stark message at Lesser that regardless of what the missives say, Haughey sees it as part of his fiefdom. He’s deciding what gets built and when. If Coyle isn’t allowed to continue his work and someone with a strong Celtic connection replaces him I’ll find it hard not to believe that the Queen’s Park I was a part of for more than 50 years has finally gone. I’m fully on board with Beukerball. I’ll never be on board with Haugheyball. Time for the committee to strap a pair on. 

Looks like my premonition is halfway there. My parable on Fergus McCann wasn't a throwaway either. I’ll keep my powder dry for now, but it’s getting increasingly hard to defend what’s going on. As I’ve said before, the repeated failures of a committee out of its depth has created a dependency. Exploitative entrepreneurs don’t do anything without getting something they want in return. Spots, leopards etc.

Is this a punting or him leaving for another job?

Rumour was that he was on mental money. Can't see the likes of ourselves or St Johnstone throwing cash at him but St Johnstone at least has the 'glorious' return feel.  Makes me think you guys are punting him?

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Neil Lennon incoming maybe?

Lennon was at the game on Friday with the Thistle chairman, not anyone from Queen's Park.

I'm not sure the model Queen's Park are wanting to eventually implement includes a 'pin players up against the wall' type manager.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Lennon was at the game on Friday with the Thistle chairman, not anyone from Queen's Park.

I'm not sure the model Queen's Park are wanting to eventually implement includes a 'pin players up against the wall' type manager.

what about airplane celebration on the park type manager?

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is this a punting or him leaving for another job?

Rumour was that he was on mental money. Can't see the likes of ourselves or St Johnstone throwing cash at him but St Johnstone at least has the 'glorious' return feel.  Makes me think you guys are punting him?

Was maybe always a one season deal to try and get straight up and if they did so then he’d stay on. He’ll be away back to India no doubt. 

f**k knows who QP go for now. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was maybe always a one season deal to try and get straight up and if they did so then he’d stay on. He’ll be away back to India no doubt. 

f**k knows who QP go for now. 

Lee Bullen?

If it's true that Coyle is leaving, could it be that he feels it's time to hand the reigns over to his son?

That would be a very risky approach given his inexperience, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was the case

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fucking lol. 

If Bullen leaves us it won’t be to another Scottish team. 

If the rumours are true regarding Coyle’s pay cheque, it’s not that daft.  Money talks.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

If the rumours are true regarding Coyle’s pay cheque, it’s not that daft.  Money talks.

Aye that’s fair enough but I don’t see QP being interested in Bullen. 

7 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

If it's true that Coyle is leaving, could it be that he feels it's time to hand the reigns over to his son?

That would be a very risky approach given his inexperience, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was the case

It was definitely odd how quickly Junior came into run the Young Team from nowhere and then suddenly appeared in the first team dug-out. If it was planned I’m afraid all the “excited for the future plans” talk was a falsehood from OC. And Junior doesn’t look anywhere near ready to manage experienced players to a promotion season.