The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

In many ways I am not entirely surprised that Coyle is "going". Most managers whose teams performed as we did over the last ten games or so would be on a shoogly peg. With a small squad he was perhaps limited in choice but he seemed devoid of any fresh ideas or tactics throughout this period. His chopping and changing gave nobody a chance to dig in and develop. His critics before he joined suggested that his achilles heel was spotting replacement talent. Eze, McPake, Henderson, Kenny are testament to that. When Murray went the 4-2-3-1 should have gone with it, but no he persisted with people who were not suited to that system. I have been loathe to criticise before now but I have felt for some time that Coyle was one dimensional in his thinking. I have enjoyed the season immensely if not the final chapter but with Beuker on board I am confident a decent replacement will be found, perhaps not from UK.

As for B team in pyramid - forget it.

It all makes following the Spiders that bit more interesting.

Edited by williebraveheart

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Maybe he's not happy that his transfer budget has been cut to be able to afford a B Team?

Potentially, but it is the Daily Ranger, so tempted to hang-fire, that said....

Five loanees, including Boateng, Oakley and Shields, the rumour that Fox had signed a pre-contract elsewhere, Savoury out injured long-term and a back line that needed major surgery all in addition to his Thistle post-match mentioning about lack of squad depth, maybe he's just thought the job next year is too large or too much of a struggle.  Maybe the budget isn't as big as everyone thinks it is.

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

Can't be many times in footballing history that two managers who battled out a title deciding game leave so quickly after. Scottish football is madness.

I can’t speak for your man, but that statement from Coyle has “if you want your money, walk away and take the hit” all over it.

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Can't be many times in footballing history that two managers who battled out a title deciding game leave so quickly after. Scottish football is madness.

Maybe they'll swap?

22 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

22 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I have enjoyed the season immensely if not the final chapter but with Beuker on board I am confident a decent replacement will be found, perhaps not from UK.

Yeah, I'm sure MB's good and all that, but where's he going to find someone to annoy, Dundee, Greenock, Ayr, Airdrie and anyone else's fans in equal measure?

NB, edited, sorry, missed out Thistle.  Apologies

Edited by Spider1975

Just now, Spider1975 said:

Yeah, I'm sure MB's good and all that, but where's he going to find someone to annoy, Dundee, Greenock, Ayr, Airdrie and anyone else's fans in equal measure?

Looks like Coyle hates Queens Park more than all of us combined. 

5 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Bollocks.......no manager no stadium will we have a 1st team squad ?

If Beuker’s done his scouting job well there should be a list ready, or at least partially pending the manager’s input, and they need to be on the phone now. As we know, the club has bounced a couple of coaches recently when it comes time to get the cheque book out. Probably not van Gaal but a young Dutchmen wouldn’t surprise me at all. Or a Spaniard or Italian. Beuker was talking about having Atletici Madrid people over recently.

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We’ve already got a B team. That’s why they’re having a look at it. I’ll give you another ten minutes to link this news to your preferred subject, Lesser Hampden.

Queens Park are a rich tapestry of hilarity at the moment.  

1 minute ago, an86 said:

No stadium, no manager, no leadership. Embarrassing. The B teams can get directly into the bin. These people don’t give a shit about our supporters. 

I think Radiohead summed it up nicely;

'you do it to yourself, you do and that's what really hurts, you do it to yourself, just you, you and no-one else'