The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Mixed messages aside does anyone really care too much if City end up sponsoring the stadium?

If anything its an additional revenue stream which allows the club to continue growing. I'd also like to hope if Willie Haughey has his hand on the till so to speak then he's not likely to want to put his name to a half built stadium.

If the club are saying the build has ground to a halt because of lack of funds then any additional funds that could hopefully be used to at least complete the already approved plans then I think it should be welcomed.

23 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Mixed messages aside does anyone really care too much if City end up sponsoring the stadium?

If anything its an additional revenue stream which allows the club to continue growing. I'd also like to hope if Willie Haughey has his hand on the till so to speak then he's not likely to want to put his name to a half built stadium.

If the club are saying the build has ground to a halt because of lack of funds then any additional funds that could hopefully be used to at least complete the already approved plans then I think it should be welcomed.

Am kind of with you regarding the 'stadium' 🏟️🙄 naming rights. Taking nothing from others' (justified) frustration, as long as the income is reputable am not really fussed.

Edited by mcjameos

20 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

If he is away, then I can only assume we're close to bringing another striker in. Even if Veldman does rate McLeish, that leaves us with just one back-up to Paton - or two if you count former Our Lady of the Missions Primary star Rocco Hickey-Fugaccia - which is asking for trouble.

I overheard part of a conversation in the stand on Saturday involving someone close to Scott. If I heard it correctly, they mentioned that he was due to have gone out on loan already (i didnt hear mention of where to), but we postponed it as we are still working on bringing in someone else.

Don't take that as gospel, as admittedly I could have picked something up wrong, as I was trying to look like I wasn't listening 🥸

1 hour ago, pmonigatti said:

Whilst I agree with this, I am a little concerned that the word "Hampden" does not appear to be part of the stadium name.

55 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Seems to be constant news of other teams in the league strengthening their first team this week.

Our squad looking increasingly light/weak despite all the talk of systems and processes.

To go into the league campaign with no recognised right back is pretty ridiculous in all honesty. I’m fine with not having one signed over the cup games but surely we can’t be waiting until the end of august to get one in 

Not sure if you chaps know about this.

FIXTURE CHANGE - Arbroath vs Queen's Park

Our home game against Queen's Park which was scheduled to be played on Tuesday 31st October 2023 with a 19:45pm kick off has been brought forward and will now be played on Saturday 19th August 2023 with a 3pm kick off

Original Date - Arbroath vs Queen's Park - Tuesday 31st October 2023 - 19:45pm

New Date - Arbroath vs Queen's Park - Saturday 19th August 2023 - 15:00pm

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

Whilst I agree with this, I am a little concerned that the word "Hampden" does not appear to be part of the stadium name.

I think the name Hampden will just be used in reference to our Campus now. 

The Hampden Campus will incorporate both 'The City Stadium' and 'The Big City Stadium'

Light the blue touch-paper and retire to a safe distance.....😉

3 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Am kind of with you regarding the 'stadium' 🏟️🙄 naming rights. Taking nothing from others' (justified) frustration, as long as the income is reputable am not really fussed.

Sorry fellas, you’re missing the big picture. Lesser has become part of Haughey’s legacy project. We’re losing our club by stealth. We’re still on the pathway I predicted 18 months ago. Celtic mini-me with a sprinkle of SFA as a distraction.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Sorry fellas, you’re missing the big picture. Lesser has become part of Haughey’s legacy project. We’re losing our club by stealth. We’re still on the pathway I predicted 18 months ago. Celtic mini-me with a sprinkle of SFA as a distraction.

I agree. It is not going to end well.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If anything it shows you can't please everybody.

There has been a lot of comments here (rightly so) slating the progress on building a proper stadium.

But when something like this happens (which is pretty superficial) that can possibly remedy that then other people are not happy. I'm not sure what you mean by 'losing the club' though.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I don't go along with that - plenty of clubs sell the naming rights of their stadiums and Haughey's investment in our club probably deserves some recognition. Anyway, City Stadium is a whole lot better than some of the names out there. It's not the naming rights that bother me, it's the lack respect from the committee for the members, season ticket holders and fans that bother me.

And it's still be 'Lesser' to me anyway.

Stadium names come and go. Unless the place starts off with the sponsor's name, it'll forever be known under its original name, except in official communications.

It was Lesser before and it'll be Lesser again. Be thankful the name isn't Hamilton's Fountain of Youth Stadium, for example.

I think there may also be some benefit in having Haughey's investment formalised in Shirt sponsorship & stadium naming rights. It certainly helps answer the Glesca Gretna allegations.

I don't know to what extent Haughey is "running the show" and I'm sure there is an element of "man who pays the piper" here: it would be highly unusual for someone putting in the sort of money that Haughey is not to wield some influence.

The way I see it the positives outweigh the negatives (so far) and I welcome that while still reserving the right to call out the negatives when I see them.

Now let's get intae they Teuchters tomorrow.