The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

There's no denying the fact that recent performances haven't been anywhere near what this squad are capable of. It was clear from the first three (and most of four)league fixtures that we can be a force to be reckoned with in this league and the subsequent run of losses has been hard to watch.

Looking at things from a 'glass half full' perspective, if (and I know it's a big if) we can recapture some of that early form tonight, we could well be sitting only five points off the top of the league with roughly 3/4 of the season still to play. 

I reckon McKinstry will prove to be an excellent signing and the last thing we need is for the guy to pick up an injury by playing him before he's ready.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

' mon the Spiders! 🕷️🕸️

33 minutes ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

There's no denying the fact that recent performances haven't been anywhere near what this squad are capable of. It was clear from the first three (and most of four)league fixtures that we can be a force to be reckoned with in this league and the subsequent run of losses has been hard to watch.

Looking at things from a 'glass half full' perspective, if (and I know it's a big if) we can recapture some of that early form tonight, we could well be sitting only five points off the top of the league with roughly 3/4 of the season still to play. 

I reckon McKinstry will prove to be an excellent signing and the last thing we need is for the guy to pick up an injury by playing him before he's ready.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

' mon the Spiders! 🕷️🕸️

Get all that and I hope you're right, but it does predicate on our coach swallowing some of his pride and maybe putting round pegs in round holes.  Will watch tonight via the iPlayer hoping that the coaching course this week has led to some kind of epiphany

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Get all that and I hope you're right, but it does predicate on our coach swallowing some of his pride and maybe putting round pegs in round holes.  Will watch tonight via the iPlayer hoping that the coaching course this week has led to some kind of epiphany

For me it's 100% this "round pegs in round holes" = Thomas on the left and Hepburn on the right. 

11 minutes ago, an86 said:

Lunatic has no idea what he’s doing. I stand by this if we somehow stage a comeback. Tactically inept, mental subs. Get him out, Sharon. 

I'm not entirely sure how pulling Tizzard after that equates to promoting and developing youth, being brave and aggressive and building trust between management and playing staff.  That seemed to be an emotional, reactionary move by Veldman, (not in a good way) that's maybe indicative of someone who knows they're on borrowed time.

Edited by Spider1975

6 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Veldman subbing off Tizzard immediately after that mistake = Dick move from an incompetent & insecure p***k. That's a great way to make a young man cry in the dressing room in front of his teammates who know they may be next. Again, what a dick move! 

Agreed. Unless you’ve got a ready-made natural replacement where does he go from there?  Young lad’s confidence likely to be massively undermined.  Not sure Veldman can lob him in again next week with a ‘go and express yourself son’

Tizzard was a complete liability tonight and we were lucky that he hadn't already cost us a goal. Yes, it was really harsh, but I think if you remove your Veldman-must-go specs you'll admit that it was fair.

On the whole a decent performance. Still a frustrating failure to create good chances, mainly due to a combination of poor decision making around the box and a reluctance to get bodies in the box when the ball goes wide - we're missing a proper number 10 and Savoury can't be fit soon enough, although McKinstry will hopefully be the man for that job before too long.

McPherson and Spong both excellent I thought.

Airdrie created more clear cut chances than us and have more shots on target. They could have taken all three points if it hadn't been for Ferrie, again. 4 very tough games ahead. Hepburn suspended for at least two of them. Tizzard will take weeks to recover mentally and regain his confidence. It's not looking very bright.

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

Better in some aspects tonight but it’s another week without a win and I struggle to see where we get one anytime soon. The lack of cutting edge is really frustrating and I can’t say I’m too enamoured by Paton’s body language at times. I get he’s been starved of service most of the season but sometimes I’m wanting that wee bit more from him 

McPherson very positive tonight and more importantly looked solid defensively. He’s the Scotland under 21 right back so I’m confident he’ll be fine going forward in the season. Thought motm was Jack Spong who was fantastic to watch. Went a bit off the boil in recent weeks but looked his best self again, especially from a defensive perspective 

Personally don’t agree with hooking tizzard when it’s so close to half time but I can see why it happened. That was the third time he gave the ball away completely unopposed. He’s a big raw guy with decent attributes but he simply needs to do much better if he’s to maintain or compete for any spot in the team. Big Reid looked totally fine when he came on so I’d be inclined to play him from the start next week 

Need a lot more from Thomas, although the Airdrie right back was excellent in fairness

Hepburn- absolute stupidity. For a soft side, we sure do have a rotten disciplinary record this year.

Relegation battle looms. Opinion on Veldman remains the same. Out 

Edited by qpfc

Positives: we got something on the board, McPherson had his best game, Ferrie’s attitude to being out of the team has been first class.

Negatives: That absolutely mental high line again. Making an unnecessary example of a young player. Taking McPherson off. Being generally torture on the eye.

This guy might very well be a coach, but he’s never in a million years a tactician or man manager. 

That was the most encouraging performance since August. Good attacking intent, moving the ball quickly and a good press and a bit of dig about us that saw us dominate the midfield at times.

The downsides were giving away some silly and unnecessary fouls that put us under pressure. Harsh for Tizzard to get pulled early but he was honking.  A good performance from everybody else. Best I've seen McPherson play.  For me I saw improvement tonight and that gives me hope for the season.